Beast Mode New York Style - Ivory, Ridley, Stacy and Powell

JetBlue

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like our RB's btw but none of them are truly special.  Ivory gives you some game changing ability but Powell is just an all around solid back.  Ivory and Powell will be a nice little duo.  

I dont think they carry 4 though.  They're going to be heavy with DL, Secondary and WR.

Kind of feel like Ridley might be the odd guy out. 

You are overhyping our RB situation. 

Whatever; we are all entitled to our opinions. I do not think I am over-hyping anything. We had the 3rd best rushing attack with virtually no passing game; why do you feel we can't at least do as well now?  

Compared to who? They are both above average running backs; I have no idea where you are getting that from.  Where are you getting that from?  Also you are familiar that injuries do happen in a long season and guys get banged up.   Having 3 or 4 good backs make you that much more dangerous come December and hopefully January.  

Above average RBs don't completely lose their jobs after 4 weeks.  Stacy is nothing special.

Whatever; we are all entitled to our opinions. I do not think I am over-hyping anything. We had the 3rd best rushing attack with virtually no passing game; why do you feel we can't at least do as well now?

I think Stacy has some talent and that division was brutal to run in. Seemed like he expected to start by default last year and got caught sleeping by Cunningham then Mason. He can catch which is a plus obviously. We'll see. Play the hot hand between him and Ivory and Powell on 3rd down.

With the QB situation id still like a defined dependable top 10 back.

Above average RBs don't completely lose their jobs after 4 weeks.  Stacy is nothing special.

Who said he was special?  Just because he lost his job doesn't mean he isn't a good back.  I don't know all the facts about his situation in St. Louis and he is not coming here to start. 

Who said he was special? Just because he lost his job doesn't mean he isn't a good back. I don't know all the facts about his situation in St. Louis and he is not coming here to start.

Stacy is an ok player like Powell nothing special. Ridley scares me he was fumbling flat footballs for the pats.

Stacy is an ok player like Powell nothing special. Ridley scares me he was fumbling flat footballs for the pats.

Ridleys fumbling has been blown way out of proportion.  Both he and Stacy are very good back ups.  Powell is certainly nothing special but is a solid all around player.  We may not keep 4 running backs but whom ever we keep will have proven success running the ball and I think that is a good thing.   I am cautiously optimistic about Ivory having a really good year, now that we have a potentially have a legit passing offense. 

Call me when any of those guys are half as good as Lynch. Ivory is the only Rb we have I would consider "good" or better.

I would think Ivory is "half as good" as Lynch and if healthy, Ridley could be too..  Seriously though, how many teams have a back as good as Lynch and why do you feel we need one to be successful? 

We may have stumbled on to something with J.C. Copeland; this guy looks like a young Tony Richardson.  I know the fullback position is pretty much obsolete, but with his blocking skills, I can see him possibly sticking. 6'1 271 llbs; I love the way he finishes off his blocks.  Dude definitely plays with an attitude. 

We may have stumbled on to something with J.C. Copeland; this guy looks like a young Tony Richardson. I know the fullback position is pretty much obsolete, but with his blocking skills, I can see him possibly sticking. 6'1 271 llbs; I love the way he finishes off his blocks. Dude definitely plays with an attitude.

Why does every highlight reel on YouTube have the absolute sh*ttiest 'music' accompanying it?

Why does every highlight reel on YouTube have the absolute sh*ttiest 'music' accompanying it?

Because most of the good music artists are very litigious when it comes to use of their music on Youtube. ACDC and Prince, being two examples.

Ridleys fumbling has been blown way out of proportion. Both he and Stacy are very good back ups. Powell is certainly nothing special but is a solid all around player. We may not keep 4 running backs but whom ever we keep will have proven success running the ball and I think that is a good thing. I am cautiously optimistic about Ivory having a really good year, now that we have a potentially have a legit passing offense.

Ridleys fumbling problem isn't overblown I don't know you guys keep saying that. It can be fixed but he's not a great player even still and he's coming off a significant injury. He's probably our worst back.

Ivory is a good back, the rest are the definition or jags.

Ridley sucks, and he is going to suck more playing with a regular size ball.

I agree. Ivory is our only back that actually scares people. Stacy is an ok trade but I would have rather gotten the rights to La'el Collins and dared him to sit out a year.

We may have stumbled on to something with J.C. Copeland; this guy looks like a young Tony Richardson.  I know the fullback position is pretty much obsolete, but with his blocking skills, I can see him possibly sticking. 6'1 271 llbs; I love the way he finishes off his blocks.  Dude definitely plays with an attitude. 

According to the Combine results... 5'11" / 271 lbs (2014) and runs a 4.98 forty

FB is a dying position... Tony Richardson was 6'1"" and played at 248 (big difference) I'm sure he ran faster than a 5 second 40.

To your original point.... I agree, we'll have a solid Running game this yr.

Comparing combine numbers to Tony Richardson is silly.  Tony Richardson didn't become Tony Richardson at the combine.  It took him years of knocking heads.  Same with Lorenzo Neal.  The Jets just cut an ILB that the Colts had moved to FB because he was a bruiser, stout and fast - Mario Harvey.  If the Jets keep a FB I imagine he will be making his bones on specials and that is where kids like this will have to shine.  They also might have one of those offenses where they like to have a FB available some weeks and not others which would be best with guys you can stash on the practice squad.

Comparing combine numbers to Tony Richardson is silly.  Tony Richardson didn't become Tony Richardson at the combine.  It took him years of knocking heads.  Same with Lorenzo Neal.  The Jets just cut an ILB that the Colts had moved to FB because he was a bruiser, stout and fast - Mario Harvey.  If the Jets keep a FB I imagine he will be making his bones on specials and that is where kids like this will have to shine.  They also might have one of those offenses where they like to have a FB available some weeks and not others which would be best with guys you can stash on the practice squad.

So you think this kid beats out Bohannon and makes the 53? I don't think the Jets even keep a FB.

If you read the context of our discussion I was just responding to the Tony Richardson Comparison made by JetBlue. They are nothing alike physically!

That's all we can really compare them by at this stage of this young man's career.... that was the silly part

So you think this kid beats out Bohannon and makes the 53? I don't think the Jets even keep a FB.

If you read the context of our discussion I was just responding to the Tony Richardson Comparison made by JetBlue. They are nothing alike physically!

That's all we can really compare them by at this stage of this young man's career.... that was the silly part

No.  I think that the only way he makes the 53 is if he is an ace special teamer.  I think there is a possibility they keep him on the practice squad. I wasn't too high on a FB making the team, but I went back and read some articles on Gailey's time in Buffalo and he kept Corey McIntyre around.  In fact, in his last year he was supposedly expanding the FB role and looking for H back prospects.  That probably puts Copeland and Bohannon competing with Kellen Davis, Cumberland, Sudfeld and Saxon for roster spots.  Sudfeld and Bohannon both have H-back experience in college IIRC.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/7/30/3203871/buffalo-bills-training-camp-corey-mcintyre-dorin-dickerson

No.  I think that the only way he makes the 53 is if he is an ace special teamer.  I think there is a possibility they keep him on the practice squad. I wasn't too high on a FB making the team, but I went back and read some articles on Gailey's time in Buffalo and he kept Corey McIntyre around.  In fact, in his last year he was supposedly expanding the FB role and looking for H back prospects.  That probably puts Copeland and Bohannon competing with Kellen Davis, Cumberland, Sudfeld and Saxon for roster spots.  Sudfeld and Bohannon both have H-back experience in college IIRC.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/7/30/3203871/buffalo-bills-training-camp-corey-mcintyre-dorin-dickerson

Yeah, just looked up what Gailey seemed to like.

A straight blocking FB who plays a lot of ST. Seems to give Copeland an edge over Bohannon.

Ivory is a good back, the rest are the definition or jags.

Ridley sucks, and he is going to suck more playing with a regular size ball. 

This is why he's the odd man out.  He could hold on to the ball when they were cheating, now what? 

Good post. Agree that if he (or any FB) make the team, it'll be thru special teams.

Also agree that he's in competition with the TEs for an H-back type role. That being the case, I'd root for the TEs. I prefer ball skills to blocking skills (although both is obviously better), feeling that you can always run with Sheldon Richardson as your FB on the goal line, or that an OL can report as eligible as a blocking TE.

The comparison is to Richardson's blocking; not his 40 time. 

Ridleys fumbling problem isn't overblown I don't know you guys keep saying that. It can be fixed but he's not a great player even still and he's coming off a significant injury. He's probably our worst back.

Well I will trust Mac over your opinion.  Also who said anything about him being a great player?   Regarding his injury, that is why they brought in Stacy in case he is not same player or if isn't ready by the start of the season.  Remember he can easily be cut so it's no big deal; if he is healthy is a proven running back in this league.  

Good post. Agree that if he (or any FB) make the team, it'll be thru special teams.

Also agree that he's in competition with the TEs for an H-back type role. That being the case, I'd root for the TEs. I prefer ball skills to blocking skills (although both is obviously better), feeling that you can always run with Sheldon Richardson as your FB on the goal line, or that an OL can report as eligible as a blocking TE.

Well, then you are on board with dbates and I in hoping to God that they dump Kellen Davis. 

The comparison is to Richardson's blocking; not his 40 time. 

John Conner was actually an awesome blocker and very good old school fullback.  The problem is that it is a role without much value.  The Giants prefer Hynoski because of versatility, the Bengals cut Conner despite the coach stating that he was a better pure fullback and had outplayed the H-back rookie they kept.

Who said he was special?  Just because he lost his job doesn't mean he isn't a good back.  I don't know all the facts about his situation in St. Louis and he is not coming here to start. 

Actually I was being nice, Stacy sucks.  He lost his job because he was out of shape.  

Ridley & Stacy might have gotten the wake up calls they needed.

The NFL is a cold sport man. This is all these guys know & most of them would have a hard time getting a job at McDonalds.

Running backs a lot of times do better with a new team after being dumped.

As fans we don't care, we just see a blurb on ESPN that a guy has been cut or traded.

But when your an NFL player that has already had SUCCESS in this league & you see your career slipping away, it's a slap in the face& a wake up call.

Both Ridley & Stacy have had productive seasons. Both of them can run inside tackle which is not an easy thing to do in the NFL.

If we get 100% from Stacy & Ridley comes all the way back from his injury, that's a tough 3 headed monster to face if you have any weaknesses in your front 7, the Jets have a 10 point lead & your in the 2nd half and your D is tiring.

These guys are not that easy to tackle. They all run very hard & put their pads down on you.

I love having Stacy & Ridley in place of that loser CJ2.

And Powell is a good all around back with the best hands in the backfield.

Ridley & Stacy might have gotten the wake up calls they needed.

The NFL is a cold sport man. This is all these guys know & most of them would have a hard time getting a job at McDonalds.

Running backs a lot of times do better with a new team after being dumped.

As fans we don't care, we just see a blurb on ESPN that a guy has been cut or traded.

But when your an NFL player that has already had SUCCESS in this league & you see your career slipping away, it's a slap in the face& a wake up call.

Both Ridley & Stacy have had productive seasons. Both of them can run inside tackle which is not an easy thing to do in the NFL.

If we get 100% from Stacy & Ridley comes all the way back from his injury, that's a tough 3 headed monster to face if you have any weaknesses in your front 7, the Jets have a 10 point lead & your in the 2nd half and your D is tiring.

These guys are not that easy to tackle. They all run very hard & put their pads down on you.

I love having Stacy & Ridley in place of that loser CJ2.

And Powell is a good all around back with the best hands in the backfield.

This. I couldnt have said better myself.

Well, then you are on board with dbates and I in hoping to God that they dump Kellen Davis. 

John Conner was actually an awesome blocker and very good old school fullback.  The problem is that it is a role without much value.  The Giants prefer Hynoski because of versatility, the Bengals cut Conner despite the coach stating that he was a better pure fullback and had outplayed the H-back rookie they kept.

Copeland looks like better blocker from what I have seen. I never saw Conner pancaking guys like him. He also seems to have decent hands and can play ST. I think he might have a shot.

Archived