Beast Mode New York Style - Ivory, Ridley, Stacy and Powell

JetBlue

That loser Chris Johnson had a sh*t year and averaged more per carry than Stacy, Ridley or Ivory.  He had more yards than Ridley and Stacy combined.  They will presumably be better in the lockerroom, but the idea this is some huge upgrade seems farfetched to me. Hell, Stacy whined to get traded the second Gurley was drafted, so maybe not.  Oh and Ridley and Stacy both seem to fumble a bit, good chance at least one is cut.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably not. Ridley and Stacy aren't very good, and one probably won't be here come week 1. Either way it's not like it matters, having a good 3rd running back is about as necessary in 2015 as carrying a backup kicker.

Disagree on Ridley (Stacey is a limited back who put up a good year based on volume). He's been a very good runner who has been benched for fumbling and been jerked around by NEs on-again, off-again approach to RBs. He's also exactly the type of third RB you want if you are starting Ivory and have Powell as the third down back - a guy who can step in and carry the load without much change of style if Ivory gets hurt.

Would still like to see them sign a guy like Pierre Thomas to compete with Powell for the 3rd down back role, but i like the current group if that's what we stick with

Ridley hopefully, he stinks.

Maybe on Bohanon, but Houston has historically carried a fullback so who knows. I would think we'd keep one on with how unsure things are going to be in the passing game, but Bohanon is indeed replaceable.

I'd say we're more likely to keep an h-back type than Bohannon.

We may have stumbled on to something with J.C. Copeland; this guy looks like a young Tony Richardson. I know the fullback position is pretty much obsolete, but with his blocking skills, I can see him possibly sticking. 6'1 271 llbs; I love the way he finishes off his blocks. Dude definitely plays with an attitude.

He looks nothing like a young Tony Richardson. Richardson was a smaller fullback who made his living by knowing angles and leverage.

He looks nothing like a young Tony Richardson. Richardson was a smaller fullback who made his living by knowing angles and leverage.

Okay, I am not a expert on the nuances of blocking.  I brought up Richardson because he made his living as a blocking fullback.  Not so much blocking style, as this guy seems more physical and a mauler type.   Perhaps if he plays long enough he can become a better technician when it comes to blocking.   Richardson was still almost 250 llbs.  Granted this guy is 271 and would probably be better served to lose about 10-15 pounds. 

I'd say we're more likely to keep an h-back type than Bohannon.

Maybe. I'm just going by what Houston has done, and Gailey is like 90 so who knows if he subscribes to the notion of the FB being a dead position. Truth be told I'd be happy with just 3 RB and extra OL/WR.

Maybe. I'm just going by what Houston has done, and Gailey is like 90 so who knows if he subscribes to the notion of the FB being a dead position. Truth be told I'd be happy with just 3 RB and extra OL/WR.

I don't think Maccagnan will have that kind of say on the 53 man roster. IIRC, the division of responsibilities had Maccagnan in charge of bringing in the talent, with the cut-downs being the domain of the coaching staff. I'd expect Bowles to acquiesce to Gailey here, unless someone emerged as vital to special teams.

That loser Chris Johnson had a sh*t year and averaged more per carry than Stacy, Ridley or Ivory.  He had more yards than Ridley and Stacy combined.  They will presumably be better in the lockerroom, but the idea this is some huge upgrade seems farfetched to me. Hell, Stacy whined to get traded the second Gurley was drafted, so maybe not.  Oh and Ridley and Stacy both seem to fumble a bit, good chance at least one is cut.

The Jets had a much better Oline than the Rams.

I know that Stacy doesn't have the breakaway speed that CJ has but CJs yards are completely slanted by a few long runs.

He had way too many runs for absolutely zero yards or minus yards.

Stacy is our 3rd power back if Ridley comes back at 100%.

He's a good back in case we have any injuries.

The Jets had a much better Oline than the Rams.

I know that Stacy doesn't have the breakaway speed that CJ has but CJs yards are completely slanted by a few long runs.

He had way too many runs for absolutely zero yards or minus yards.

Stacy is our 3rd power back if Ridley comes back at 100%.

He's a good back in case we have any injuries.

I hear this stuff floated, but I am not buying.

Stacy's ypc were worse than the Rams average and worse than Tre Mason.  He was slightly better than the immortal Benny Cunningham.  Johnson OTOH, was better than Ivory and equal to Powell.  His long was 47 and he was still at 4 ypc if you take that carry away.  Ivory and Powell are both below the Curtis Martin line if you take their long carry away.  Zac Stacy never got there to being with. 

I don't think Maccagnan will have that kind of say on the 53 man roster. IIRC, the division of responsibilities had Maccagnan in charge of bringing in the talent, with the cut-downs being the domain of the coaching staff. I'd expect Bowles to acquiesce to Gailey here, unless someone emerged as vital to special teams.

That sounds highly organized. Therefore I do not believe it.

Again, I think I will trust Mac on this one. He wouldn't have traded for him if he "sucked".

Message boards exist so that fans can discuss whether a player sucks or not.  I think Stacy is meh back who couldn't bother to get in shape.  I don't think he'll have any sort of positive impact with the Jets at all.  

This is just jets fans overrating their own players. Among Ridley, Stacy and Powell I expect at least one, maybe two to be cut by week 1.

Message boards exist so that fans can discuss whether a player sucks or not.  I think Stacy is meh back who couldn't bother to get in shape.  I don't think he'll have any sort of positive impact with the Jets at all.  

I think Stacy is an ok player.  I would have preferred getting the rights to La'el Collins with that 7th rd pick and playing chicken with him instead but Stacy isn't terrible.

Message boards exist so that fans can discuss whether a player sucks or not. I think Stacy is meh back who couldn't bother to get in shape. I don't think he'll have any sort of positive impact with the Jets at all.

Yep and all too often they no idea what they are talking about. I trust our new GM with the scouting background on this one. But hey feel free to state your opinion. It's all good.

Bowles said last night that the Jets will carry 4 rb ' s for what it's worth.

No way!  He must not have read this message board because the resident experts have already declared there is no way we carry 4 rbs. :-)

Who said that? If you want them to carry Copeland one of these guys is probably gone.

Read the thread my friend. Several posters wrote that we are not carrying 4 running backs.   I have no idea how many they will carry but it makes sense to carry 4 because it is a long season; Ivory has been injury prone and who knows if Ridleys knee will hold up.    If they ultimately feel Copeland should be on the roster at the expense of one Ridley or Stacy, I am okay with that but I don't think that will happen.  

Archived