Tom Brady Suspended 4 games, Pats forfeit 2016 1st rounder and 2017 4th rounder

AVM

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill walking away from this with nothing is laughable. 

How does Sean Payton lose a year for "not knowing" about a bounty program to hurt players, but Bill doesn't lose a single game for "not knowing" about Brady and the rest of these turds cheating every week to ensure better grip on the ******* football which benefits every aspect of the offense, and ultimately helps them always win the turnover battle which has historically been an indicator of "intangible" success.

Brady should serve every one of those 4 games. In my opinion, it's not enough.

Losing the draft picks is the only part of this penalty that feels commensurate with the crime. Who ******* cares about the million dollars, they just won the SB. Any owner in the league would drop a cool million if it improved their odds of never turning the ball over and marching right to a SB win. 

this x1000, the guy has created a program centered around institutionalized cheating and he's walking away legacy in tact. Shoulda been given a year, 0% chance he wasn't aware this was going on + who knows what other tricks they use regularly

Belicheat getting away scott free ruins a bit what should be an enjoyable turn of events

LOL! If I cared about the media's opinions, here's what I would do....Keep flooding the twitter accounts of the NFL networks guys and the Espn guys who refuse to admit any Pats wrongdoing. They think if they sweep it under the rug it will go away. Don't let them. The one thing the NFL and every owner hates is bad press. Screw the Pats. I think the punishment is fine and the Superbowl legacy is totally tarnished. That's all I need. Maybe finally this organization wont be treated with kid gloves. 

I honestly didnt think anything would happen.

Now that it did, I dont think its enough. He should have never been allowed to play in the Super Bowl. That's the biggest travesty in this whole situation. The guy ******* cheated, in the AFC Championship game and they allowed him to play in the Super Bowl.

I think he should have gotten more.

The best part though, is the entire organization is just a fraud now. The way they responded, the way they've handled. Scum. Bags.

Tom Brady is lying, cheating, piece of sh*t.

+1

This. Exactly.

This arrogant franchise still hasn't been punished to the full extent!

Everyone knows that Belichick is privy to everything that goes on with this team. He's famous for the minutia he & Ernie Adams have been scheming with since they were recording the Rams walkthroughs.

I thought ignorance wasn't an excuse Roger?

The best part of this day is that it just reinforces the fact that every last one of the Patriots Superbowls are tainted.

We might not have won a Super Bowl 46 years but all of us can proudly wear our NY Jets gear anywhere in the country & probably most people don't even notice.

The Patriot logo though is a completely different story, the flying Elvis logo worn anywhere outside New England from this day on will just bring indignation. There won't be one NFL fan outside of New England that won't view that Logo with disdain & the inate knowing that it is synonymous with cheating.

It might say they won 4 Superbowls in the record books but the asterisk will forever be next to every one.

I get the sense this Wells report took it easy on the Pats. They didn't completely implicate everyone to save face...but if Brady was actually innocent they wouldn't of suspended him. Pats fans shouldn't be bitching.

People got the blood they wanted, still not happy? :-)

Losing the 1st rounder hurts, but I thought Bounty-gate was punished much more harshly for a lesser offense IMO.

The league won't banish one of its biggest stars in Brady, but I thought they'd be hit harder than just losing a '16 1st & '17 4th rounder. The Skins & Dallas were docked more than that for not complying with the salary cap, no?

Pats will be fine, as usual, but this places more pressure on each AFC East team to start out strong with the handicap they were just gifted by Goodell BEGGING that someone else FINALLY take the division this year other than NE.

does anyone know how this works?

PAts are being fined 1 million but from my understanding wont pay brady for 4 games which comes out to 1.6 million?

So are the pats actually saving money?

#Goodellarithmetic

I love how people are celebrating this. Goodell has worked with Kraft's lawyers to carefully orchaestrate a "punishment" that makes Kraft's puppet look objective meanwhile the pats save $ and get Brady back and healthy for the playoff run.

McNally and Jastremski should sue Brady and say they were forced to do this or lose their jobs, their career in pro football are over.

Indeed they are barred from working. What a joke these equipment guys get what amounts to a lifetime ban. Like they on their own decided to start illegally tampering with footballs!!!

Indeed they are barred from working. What a joke these equipment guys get what amounts to a lifetime ban. Like they on their own decided to start illegally tampering with footballs!!!

These guys are going to get paid, either from Brady/Kraft or someone to get more of the story. This is going to be fun. 

Now when is the NFL apologizing to Kraft? LOL

When I first saw the punishment I thought it was somewhat appropriate. After thinking on it and reading some comments I think it's light.

The first rounder is pretty heavy. But the 4 games is nonsense. It says you can cheat and win and the punishment won't affect anything. Olympic medalist get thier sh*t taken away when they cheat and so should the Pats*. The fine is nonsense too.

Eh, kinda disappointed it's only 4 games.  I was hoping they would go harder against Brady. so the arbitrator could even knock it down and it'd still be significant.  I wonder how Brady feels about Bellichek, he basically threw him to the wolves at the press conference when it first broke, and by doing so, protected himself.  

Lol, at all the Pats fans getting angry at Kraft and Goodell after they got caught for cheating over and over again.  It's always the same excuses, "every team does it" yet somehow over and over again, it's the Pats that seem to be at the center of all these scandals, it adds up.  I'm surprised Bellichek got off free on this one, albeit that first round pick really hurts them.   

His appeal should be interesting "Ah, these ball pressure numbers and those texts are erroneous, and I refuse to give proof other wise!"   This isn't the legal system we're talking about (it's not illegal to tape people at practice either, or pump up the stadium with noise in legal terms) but it affects the true nature of the game, and hence punished.  If he really wanted to clear it up, he would've given his cell phone, under the directive that only certain information can be divulged from the investigation, but he didn't because he knew it was going to be bad.  

How is it that the two equipment guys in questions weren't fired? They were merely suspended. How is that possible????

What did you expect those 2 to do, instead? Stand up to Tom? Just not do it and get fired? Threaten him to go public with this? Come on. It's fairly obvious through the texts that they just did what Tom "forced" them to do, they didn't really have any other choice. Plus they barely make any money as it is. This whole thing was on Tom. It's not on those 2 goofballs, it's not on Bill, it's not on the Patriots. Yet the NFL somehow found a way to punish EVERYBODY just a little bit. Instead of just suspending Tom for the entire year.

I mean just imagine if Sanchez pulled this sh*t the first 2 years when we made it to the playoffs. Imagine if the NFL took away our 1st round picks, if Woody was fined to pay millions to the NFL. It's a joke.

Archived