Should Bill Belichick have been punished ?

JetsFanInDenver

Should Bill Belichick have been punished ?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bill Belichick have been punished ?

• Yes. He should have been punished.
    • No. He was totally innocent and did not know what was going on.

What about that mastermind they have on the team behind all the cheating? His name escapes me.

His name is Ernie Adams. He's a football statistical savant that's been by Belichicks side since they met at Navy I believe.

He's the dude that comes up with all this obscure minutia that seems to give New England the edge in bad weather games.

Anyone who believes that Bill Belichick doesn't KNOW that a soft ball is easier to hand in wet & cold games at Gillette is kidding themselves.

Belichick is one of the technical coaches in the league. He doesn't miss a trick. This was a slap on the wrist by not also suspending Belichick.

Brady will arbitrate down to 2 games.

Pats won the freaking Super Bowl & it cost a million dollars (totally worth it).

Belichick will get back that 4th rounder trading back once.

Really, the only stinging penalty was a 1st round pick.

Pats got off easy compared to the Saints who lost their freaking head coach for an entire year!

That was based on the fact that "ignorance isn't an excuse".

Shouldn't that apply to the cheating Pats coach with having to be disciplined for the 2nd time in 10 years.

Total BS.

Bill is being punished by losing Brady 4 games and losing draft picks, as much as I hate the Pats* and him I cant justify punishing him for this one.

He masterminded the whole thing. Sean Payton got a year because a linebacker he coached did something.

This Brady punishment bs is the biggest maneuver. Kraft's lawyers drew up the whole thing and told Goodell to do it so he wouldn't seem to have a conflict of interest. Who knows how much evidence was suppressed. Text messages by third party ball boys give me a break.

He masterminded the whole thing. Sean Payton got a year because a linebacker he coached did something.

This Brady punishment bs is the biggest maneuver. Kraft's lawyers drew up the whole thing and told Goodell to do it so he wouldn't seem to have a conflict of interest. Who knows how much evidence was suppressed. Text messages by third party ball boys give me a break.

Sounds like your trying to make up a conspiracy theory, With the over 200 pages written on deflategate  there was no evidence pointing at even the idea that BB knew anything about what was going on. Again I hate the entire organization but I also cant justify punishing someone over something they more probably than not did not do. As far as suppressed evidence we already know Tom refused to share his phone or any of the texts that were on it so yes I am sure there was information that was missed in the report but without that information you can only suspect it exists but you cant suspend someone on a suspicion, think of all the PED violations we would have in the NFL if people got suspended just because you suspect they were using drugs.

His name is Ernie Adams. He's a football statistical savant that's been by Belichicks side since they met at Navy I believe.

He's the dude that comes up with all this obscure minutia that seems to give New England the edge in bad weather games.

Anyone who believes that Bill Belichick doesn't KNOW that a soft ball is easier to hand in wet & cold games at Gillette is kidding themselves.

Belichick is one of the technical coaches in the league. He doesn't miss a trick. This was a slap on the wrist by not also suspending Belichick.

Pats won the freaking Super Bowl & it cost a million dollars (totally worth it).

Pats got off easy compared to the Saints who lost their freaking head coach for an entire year!

Shouldn't that apply to the cheating Pats coach with having to be disciplined for the 2nd time in 10 years.

Total BS.

Yes, Adams. I agree they got off easy. Brady should've received 8 games minimum! If they go down to two its a major joke.

Absolutely. He's the head coach, responsible for over-seeing all on-field operations. There is no way he did not know what was going on, and would have definitely allowed for it to continue had they not been caught.

Brady is just the fall guy in the organization. Belichick has been orchestrating stuff like this for years and yet gets off so easy. I don't get it.

Of course he should have due to stupid precedent set by the league.  Both Payton and the Atlanta president or VP or whatever were penalized not for knowing but should have known.  The fact that the Siciliano tweet says the Pats were warned years earlier is a clear that Belichick, a guy who controls eery aspect of the team should have faced some discipline, even if it was cursory in nature.   Even a fine or a one game suspension.

Sounds like your trying to make up a conspiracy theory, With the over 200 pages written on deflategate there was no evidence pointing at even the idea that BB knew anything about what was going on. Again I hate the entire organization but I also cant justify punishing someone over something they more probably than not did not do. As far as suppressed evidence we already know Tom refused to share his phone or any of the texts that were on it so yes I am sure there was information that was missed in the report but without that information you can only suspect it exists but you cant suspend someone on a suspicion, think of all the PED violations we would have in the NFL if people got suspended just because you suspect they were using drugs.

A kid selling a nickelbag of chocolate on a corner gets a more thorough investigation. This whole thing is a farce.

Total BS.

POTW.

Archived