Signed UDFA's..

Jetmech

Rich Cimini, ESPN New York Jets reporter

The New York Jets signed eight undrafted free agents. Here's a closer look at each player:

Deion Barnes, DE, Penn State: He's a 6-foot-4, 260-pound edge rusher. He recorded six sacks and 12.5 tackles-for-loss last season, but didn't receive an invitation to the scouting combine.

Durrell Eskridge, S, Syracuse: He may have benefited from another year in school, but he wanted to try the NFL to provide for his family. He was homeless for stretches while growing up in the projects in Miami. He was a two-year starter, recording five interceptions over his final two years.

Julian Howsare, DE, Clarion: A defensive end on the Division II level, Howsare (6-foot-2, 254) probably will have to switch to linebacker in the Jets' 3-4 front. He recorded 11 sacks and was named a Division II All-American.

Taiwan Jones, LB, Michigan State: After a productive career (25.5 tackles-for-loss), Jones was projected as a possible fourth-round pick. He didn't run well in testing, so that probably caused him to slip. He has a big-hit mentality, which makes him an attractive candidate for special teams.

DeMarkus Perkins, S, Florida International: He's a 6-foot, 219-pound strong safety. He made two interceptions last season, returning one for a touchdown.

Wes Saxton, TE, South Alabama: He was hoping to become the first draft pick in school history. At 6-foot-3, 248 pounds, he projects as a "move" tight end. He finished with 96 catches and 1,126 yards in three seasons.

Davon Walls, DT, Lincoln (Missouri):He played for the Division II school after getting booted from Syracuse, where he pleaded guilty to felony burglary charges. The Brooklyn product (Lincoln High School) remains confident. "I'm not worried," Walls told Syracuse.com. "Some of the guys picked in front of me? Man, please. If I was still at Syracuse doing what I did at Lincoln, I probably would have been first round. It is what it is."

Jordan Williams, DE, Tennessee: He played four years at Tennessee, finishing with 6.5 sacks. At 6-foot-5, 284 pounds, he has good size to play end in the Jets' 3-4 front.

+ couple of other guys..http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/51190/2015-new-york-jets-undrafted-free-agents

Archived