Odell Beckham Jr. on Cover of Madden 16

Jetsmanjb

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best part is what are the odds that Idzik and Rex would've drafted Beckham? He would've been taken #1 had teams known then what they know now. 11 teams passed on him. No way the Jets would've been smart enough to take him--the first offensive first rounder since sanchez--under rexidzik

FWIW - I had a buddy who was a scout for the Jags.  Idzik hired him and he covered the SouthEast.  He claimed the Jets loved him and he was the pick if he was on the board. 

The Jets were supposedly very high on him.  I wasn't a huge fan.  There is something about him that I didn't like coming out of LSU.  It doesn't have to do with production or ability so much as style.  For instance, my favorite RB is Jonathan Stewart.  That certainly does not mean I think he is the best RB.  I really didn't catch many Giants games this year.  I wonder how much differently I will feel about Beckham after watching him in the NFL a bit.

I was higher on Landry as a pure WR.  Whenever LSU needed a play, Landry was their guy.  Beckham was the versatility guy, big play, kick offs etc.  Funny how that switched in the NFL.  Both looks like studs, Beckham looking like a top 5 WR in the league.  

How LSU you ever lost a game with Mettenberger, Landry, Beckham and Hill is astonishing. lol. 

FWIW - I had a buddy who was a scout for the Jags.  Idzik hired him and he covered the SouthEast.  He claimed the Jets loved him and he was the pick if he was on the board. 

Just like the story about how Bradway was "pounding the table for Rus Wilson" came out... after Rus Wilson became a star and Bradway was looking for another job.

The only good pick during Idzik's tenure (Richardson) had Rex's fingerprints all over it.

Just like the story about how Bradshaw was "pounding the table for Rus Wilson" came out... after Rus Wilson became a star and Bradshaw was looking for another job.

The only good pick during Idzik's tenure (Richardson) had Rex's fingerprints all over it.

Is it safe to say Idzik was one of the worst GM hires, ever? 

Is it safe to say Idzik was one of the worst GM hires, ever? 

He was certainly one of the worst talent evaluators. I cannot call him the worst ever because at least he didn't keep us in or create future cap hell; not that he could have given the situation when he arrived. He was a good sacrificial lamb to clean up from the Tannenbaum orgy years... if only he had drafted average or better.

Archived