Brady and the Patriots go to war with the NFL - will it backfire?

If this happens, he declares victory and their fan base and the media will jump on board that bandwagon.

After today's ridiculousness, which has gone to an entirely new level of absurdity - the media (specifically ESPN) will still support the Pats and treat their claims with legitimacy.  Just watch tomorrow morning - People will review that Wells report rebuttal and discuss how it's correct...

While most Jet fans know better - the rest of world will ultimately buy what the media says.  The Pats are winning this war and are likely to end up winning.

Unless the media turns on them - which seems highly unlikely - they will win.

It's disgraceful but that's that's the reality.

Well fortunately the general public is not being fooled by this nonsense. 

ESPN/ABC News poll shows support for NFL over Patriots, Brady

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12881342/poll-shows-fans-support-nfl-sanctions-tom-brady

Well fortunately the general public is not being fooled by this nonsense. 

ESPN/ABC News poll shows support for NFL over Patriots, Brady

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12881342/poll-shows-fans-support-nfl-sanctions-tom-brady

I can't imagine that anyone is being fooled by this nonsense.  It's so petty, immature, and transparent that there's just no way that anyone could possibly fooled by any of this nonsense.

Not sure if they screwed but Im pretty sure I have seen pictures of them making out.  Goodell is a goon.  but I find it funny that you talk about Kraft like a white knight and at best he used their friendship to get him to look the other way while he cheats.  Damn!  Guy already burned the Spygate tapes for him. Must be tough to have a scumbag friend like Kraft.  

Goodell has been working for the NFL since 1982, a lawyer at heart, maybe he saved a tape or two, how many people would pay to see that video now...    

Doesn't matter at this point. Fans of opposing teams are going to be brutal. Brady needs to get used to the chant (and this will probably be the cleanest of them) "cheeeaaterrrr, cheeeaterrrr..." at every away game, especially at MetLife and Lucas Oil field.

Welcome my friend we have bee waiting for you!!!☺

I'm a fan who thinks that rooting against a rival off the playing field is bad form, and I'm an NFL fan who respects it's history and it's integrity.

All that I appreciated about the Patriots is out the window now.  Today's actions are so ludicrous it's bordering on comedy, but then you look at it from a distance and it's more like the OJ trial.  Just how stupid can those elitists believe the American public is?  Pretty stupid, apparently.

SAR I

Doesn't matter at this point. Fans of opposing teams are going to be brutal. Brady needs to get used to the chant (and this will probably be the cleanest of them) "cheeeterrrr, cheeeterrr..." At every away game, especially at MetLife and Lucas Oil field.

The New England Patriots figured out a way to make ARod look good.

It's an amazing achievement.

SAR I

I can't imagine that anyone is being fooled by this nonsense.  It's so petty, immature, and transparent that there's just no way that anyone could possibly fooled by any of this nonsense.

In the name of defending their "legacy", they just threw it out the window.  I'm disappointed only because I love the NFL and as the league's reigning champions and ambassador's they just brought the sport down to the level of steel cage wrestling.

SAR I

The backfire isn't with the NFL.  The backfire is with the fans.

The New England Patriots have just pulled an A-Rod, thinking the American public is going to fall for it and be duped by it, today is their Mike Francesa "trust me Mike" moment.  I don't like the Patriots, but I used to respect them for their accomplishments.  This is the straw that breaks that camel's back.

They no longer have to worry about an asterisk; they now have to worry about being the joke of the NFL.  Because they are.

SAR I

I totally agree.

Think had Brady said he was upset 2 working stiffs got screwed over for him, that he had no idea working the balls was such a big deal and he's sorry for not being more forthcoming, he would be looking at no worse than a game or 2.

This tact, going to war with the NFL, makes no sense.The NFL wanted nothing more than for this to go away quietly. 

Ted Wells was almost certainly not looking to hurt anyone, merely looking to put out a nonsense report . But Brady's failure to cooperate left him no choice but to recommend Troy Vincent come down hard on Brady.Brady in his zeal may not grasp he is making the same mistake Ryan Braun and Alex Rodriguez made. If you try to scorch the earth, you will usually wind up burning down your own house as well.How do you knock Wells as incompetent when the Pats declined to give access to their employees and Brady refused to hand over his texts and emails?If the report is incomplete or lacking context or some other such nonsense. the Pats have only themselves to blame.

Goodell screwed with the wrong owner.

There are so many mistakes in the Wells novel.

Oh yes... your fat bastard owner is really intimidating...he's made things so much worse for your organization by running his senile mouth.... keep drinking the kool aid, makes you look real intelligent.

Except for of course that I am hearing the 31 other owners all believe that NE DOES get a different set of rules applied to them and are all FOR this punishment.

as are 75% of NFL fans polled by ESPN this morning.

Problem is Bob Kraft and his Patriots consider themselves to be the teflon team of the NFL for too long.

Power corrupts -absolute power corrupts absolutely!!

In the long run, I think the Pats* will end up being just fine.  Once Goodell realizes that he has far less support among the other 31 owners that he thinks, he'll find some way to make it up to the Pats* and win back the affection of Kraft*.  

If the other owners were smart, they'd use this opportunity, while Kraft* is upset with his good buddy, to try to force Goodell out, and then bring in a commissioner who knows how to run things.  It's quite embarrassing to see just how low the owners have let Goodell sink this once great league.  Even Mark Cuban couldn't have imagined that his comments a few years ago would come to fruition quite this quickly.

t's far more likely that the other 31 owners, or at least the vast majority of them, are sick to death of the Patriots always worming their way to an unfair advantage.  Really, how many decades is the league going to have to endure a corrupt team that likes to use loaded dice at the table?  

Archived