Looks like Goodell will hear the Brady appeal

Fed Hill Jet

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...quite a turn of events. Discuss... Roger Goodell to hear Tom Brady's appeal

League confirms to NFL Media's Albert Breer that Goodell will hear Brady's appeal, which was filed Thursday.

This makes sense, with Goodell as the chief arbitrator, he wants the Patriots in Brady to file an anti~trust suit with the federal government, should they lose.

If I'm Goodell, I INCREASE the penalty on appeal if Brady tries to give me that BS story.

According to this article: http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12888612/tom-brady-nflpa-cannot-win-appeal-filed-deflategate

"Whether the arbitrator is Goodell, Henderson or an independent person, the arbitrator cannot increase the suspension. If the arbitrator looks at all the evidence and concludes that Brady was guilty of a form of cheating that affected the integrity of the competition in the most successful sports enterprise in America, the arbitrator could not suspend Brady for more than four games. If the arbitrator had the power to actually increase a penalty, well, then Brady and the NFLPA might not have filed an appeal."

So unfortunately an extension is not on the table; as hilarious as that would be.

100% expected this based on how the Pats and Brady have conducted themselves throughout the process.  Remember Brady "laughing" on that radio show when they told him about the deflated balls being public knowledge?  Kraft demanding an apology from the league?  Saying they had no issue with the investigation until they didn't like the findings?  The Pats have slapped the league in the face at every turn.

Had they acted with a shred of dignity, commish would probably have granted their request for an independent arbitrator.  

Since they're being maniacal clowns, he probably wants to sit across from Brady and laugh at him when he tries to sell him a line of BS about deflation referring to weight loss.

Either way...Pats will win 12 games and the division, but they're just digging a deeper hole in terms of their organizational legacy.

Goodell tried to help the Baltimore Ravens cover up the brutal Ray Rice knock out of a woman.

Wells represented big tobacco and argued that second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer in children.

These are the people you guys are rooting for. lol.

I sense the sadness in you.

Goodell tried to help the Baltimore Ravens cover up the brutal Ray Rice knock out of a woman.

Wells represented big tobacco and argued that second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer in children.

2524964-4999787454-25047.jpg

It's true. My pro cancer agenda is subconsciously driving my opinion

I've been enjoying watching the meltdown at the Patsfan board.  The mix of whimpering with false bravado has been incredible.

That said it really is amazing that I have yet to see 1 objective post.  They have all deluded themselves into thinking Brady has done absolutely nothing wrong and hasn't lied about a thing.  They're so brainwashed they're convinced Goodell presiding over the arbitration is the best outcome and this is going to federal court.  It's like they're gearing up for Roe V Wade or something.

Watching the pandemonium there has been supremely gratifying but I can't help but feel a smidgeon of pity as they really are some of the stupidest mother****ers I've ever seen.

I've been enjoying watching the meltdown at the Patsfan board.  The mix of whimpering with false bravado has been incredible.

That said it really is amazing that I have yet to see 1 objective post.  They have all deluded themselves into thinking Brady has done absolutely nothing wrong and hasn't lied about a thing.  They're so brainwashed they're convinced Goodell presiding over the arbitration is the best outcome and this is going to federal court.  It's like they're gearing up for Roe V Wade or something.

Watching the pandemonium there has been supremely gratifying but I can't help but feel a smidgeon of pity as they really are some of the stupidest mother****ers I've ever seen.

Excellent summation.

It just gets worse and worse for you, doesn't it? Clearly, you are a drowning man flailing and splashing around in shark infested waters.  Good luck chum.

Dude, your entire fan base cheered for a homicidal nutjob for multiple years. What leg are you standing on here?

Wells did no such thing. That was Exponent, his expert firm.

This is not news. He said this would happen for all instances. He will let his NFL team of people come out with the original punishment and if anyone appeals he would oversee that appeal. He literally said this as an aftermath of the Ray Rice situation and supposed "dibacle" people like to call that. How it's news that the ceo of the NFL would oversee the appeal is laughable.

It's his product. He's the owner of said product. He will get final say over the products outlying problems.

And that somehow removes the guilt from your heroes? That's what's called a misdirection move in therapy. An attempt to use the issues of others to distract from your own guilt or shortcomings. It's a technique most utilized by the desperate and children. Thank you for coming here and helping to secure my joy for the day.

Yes, because you find lecherous Bob Kraft, bizarro Bill, and cheating Prince Tom so much more appealing. You're truly an idiot.

Tuck rule

Spygate

Surveillance assistants

Headset issues at Gillette

Murder for hire

Illegal formations

Deflated footballs

How many rules have been changed to offset the Pat* taking every "competitive advantage" aka cheating

Belichick is like the original hacker from Anonymous just exploiting all the leagues loopholes and making this a fairer, safer league for the rest of us. Praise his work.

OR.....

This whole thing was s set-up to begin with - from the very start.

Pats go crazy, say relationship with Goodel is shot - so Goodell hears the appeal - everyone thinks he's PO'd at Kraft.

He sides with Brady. Suspension dropped. Picks taken for obstructing, but not cheating (legacy intact)

Kraft wins, league can make a case Goodel wasn't being biased.

A set up to free the Pats.

Would anyone here be surprised?

Are you still here?  LOL.  Remember you guaranteed us that Brady would be starting on opening day.  Haha.  You ought to keep your mouth shut because when you open it, stupid things come out.

Archived