Dolphins Extend Tannehill for Big Money

CrazyCarl40

You'll say just about anything right now.  Suddenly 4000 yards and 25+ TD's is not awesome. But you want to know what it is? It's "Good", just like I said Tannehill was. He's a good QB. You dont need to write a book about how he's not when he's shown that he's a middle of the pack QB. 

You being a Jet fan, you should know the difference. Geno is at the bottom.

You put those #'s on the Jets this year with this D.  Massive Playoff contender.  Set for a deep playoff run.

He's a good young QB.  If he continues to improve as he is doing, in 2 years that will look like a bargain.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hand:

He's Pennington with a stronger arm. Ceiling is 1 and done in the postseason.

The Dolphins will regret this move.

lol, Pennington with a stronger arm is a QB I'd take in a heartbeat, what a goofball point to make in a counter argument

Mike Florio liked the deal and said it was a good deal money-wise for the Dolphins.  Meanwhile people on this board are afraid to pay Kapernick that kind of money.  Again, I'm not saying Kap is great (and I didn't see him at all last year when his play apparently went downhill) but just that he's probably about on Tannehill's level and Tannehill is making $16m per.

The Fins signed there guy and have to live with it. I am not going to bad mouth that decision at this time. The only way to fairly judge this signing is to see what happens over the next two years. If the fins track record in Nov and Dec remains the same, there are going to be many unhappy fans leaving Joe Robbme even more empty the usual at that time of year. Not to mention what those two signings,Suh and Tanny will do to there cap in the near and long term future if the gamble doesn't pay off.

On the other hand, if it does work out and both guys contribute as expect by the organization, then they will have been monies well spend and in the long run a steal. As we are so fond of saying, " time will be the true judge".

Ninja'd on the most incoherent post I have read in quite a long time.  I am guessing the poster is 21 going on 15.

You must need to go to a reading comprehension class.

Seriously your both sucking on Tannyhill because he threw for 4000 yards?

He's a mediocre QB.

He's actually benefitted from having a good offensive coach bringing him along.

Jets will sweep the Dolphins next year. Each year the Dolphins are chosen as the NFLs dark horse.

Each year the Dolphins play WORSE at the end of the season.

Was it the Petty comment that shocked you both?

You'll see. Chan Gailey will put together an offense that will utilize Genos skills & make it that much easier for Petty to be brought along slowly but also is right in his wheelhouse.

You will both be apologizing to me in 2017.

Bryce Petty will be a BETTER player than the WR turned QB Tannyhill when it's all said & done.

Mike Florio liked the deal and said it was a good deal money-wise for the Dolphins.  Meanwhile people on this board are afraid to pay Kapernick that kind of money.  Again, I'm not saying Kap is great (and I didn't see him at all last year when his play apparently went downhill) but just that he's probably about on Tannehill's level and Tannehill is making $16m per.

Mike Florio is the biggest d*ck around!

Jet hater supreme so anything Pats, Fins, Bills do are stupendous.

Slightly above average QB,

F'ing horrible deep ball accuracy....

Like really really bad.

Has he connected on a long pass vs the Jets yet?

I can't remember any plays vs the Fins where I said, "wow what a throw".

Has he connected on a long pass vs the Jets yet?

I can't remember any plays vs the Fins where I said, "wow what a throw".

I don't thnk so, off the top of my head.

The only throw I remember from Tannehill was one to Wallace over Revis last year...and if memory serves me correct...it was dropped in the end zone...maybe...but the throw was nice.

He's wowed me a couple times...but with his feet.

24 TDs and 4000 yards in today's NFL is not all that awesome. Prior to 2003, 40TDs in a season had only been accomplished 3 times. You would have needed 43 or more to lead the league the last 5 years.

Prior to 2002 there would maybe be one or two guys a year who would top 4000 yards. Now, you've got to flirt with 5000 if you want to crack the top 5.

Prior to 2002, when Pennington led the league with a 104.2 passer rating. The league leader would be right around 100 most years, rarely above 105. In fact, there had only been 5 players who ever cracked 105 for a season prior to that time. Since 2007, 105.5 has been the lowest passer rating to lead the league for a season.

Due to the rules changed implemented about 8-10 years ago, the passing game has opened up dramatically, making achieving numbers like Tannehill's not nearly as impressive as it would have been prior to that.

Making these arguments that Tannehill is so awesome because he threw for more than 4000 yards his first two years is just as bad and short sighted as saying Joe Montana sucked because he never threw for more than 4000 yards.

Tell me, at their best, who would you rather have? I'll save you some time, Joe Montana won his first Super Bowl in his third year. He didn't have Jerry Rice until his 7th year, after he had already won his second Super Bowl throwing to the likes of Dwight Clark, Freddie Solomon and Renaldo Nehemiah. So much for lacking weapinzzz.

Thank you

Folks are not rationale at times.

66% completion, 4K+ yards,  27 TD's and 12 INT's....throw in an extra 300+ on the ground and a TD and that's mediocre?

He was a top 10 QB.  We have people (Jetsfan80) doing back flips for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Kids a good player.  You dont find good QB's easily.  This was a smart thing to do.

Exactly what I was going to say.  As Jets fans, we should know better than anybody how hard it is to find a QB.  When was the last time a Jets QB posted numbers like Tannehill in yr 3?

Do we really need more proof that this is a sh*t deal for the Dolphins?

Exactly what I was going to say.  As Jets fans, we should know better than anybody how hard it is to find a QB.  When was the last time a Jets QB posted numbers like Tannehill in yr 3?

Other than the young Sanchez when have we kept a QB for 3 years that didn't get injured.

Miami has added offensive players in free agency every year to help Tannyhill out.

Geno in his 3rd year is having to learn ANOTHER offense while Tannyhill has had the benefit of being in a similar offense each year.

Jet fans have to stop looking at everything through the eye of a needle.

Man, I hope now that we have surrounded Geno with play makers that he can succeed. Be funny as hell if Geno has a better season than Tannyhill. Especially because even though Geno is going into his 3rd season, his 1st two seasons he should get a mulligan with that complete lack of WRs he's had to play with.

The 26 year old who just threw for 4000 yards, 27 TD's with only 12 TD's with garbage at receiver and a sh*tty oline. He is getting better every year and is going to continue to get better as they improve his WR/Oline.

One of the better young QB's in the NFL.

I agree, but don't think he deserves Tom Brady/Peyton Manning money

I'm not a big fan of Tannehill. But this is a no brainer, if you have even a slightly above average QB, especially one that you drafted and want to develop, you lock them up to a long-term contract. Then surround them with talent, and hope it works out.

Other than the young Sanchez when have we kept a QB for 3 years that didn't get injured.

Miami has added offensive players in free agency every year to help Tannyhill out.

Geno in his 3rd year is having to learn ANOTHER offense while Tannyhill has had the benefit of being in a similar offense each year.

Jet fans have to stop looking at everything through the eye of a needle.

Man, I hope now that we have surrounded Geno with play makers that he can succeed. Be funny as hell if Geno has a better season than Tannyhill. Especially because even though Geno is going into his 3rd season, his 1st two seasons he should get a mulligan with that complete lack of WRs he's had to play with.

What about the fact that Geno missed open receivers on a regular basis no matter who they were?  Isn't that bad?

lol, Pennington with a stronger arm is a QB I'd take in a heartbeat, what a goofball point to make in a counter argument

As chic as it is to hate Pennington, I have to agree with this.  If Pennington could stay healthy, with his original arm,  I'd take a 26 YO one right now

You must need to go to a reading comprehension class.

Seriously your both sucking on Tannyhill because he threw for 4000 yards?

He's a mediocre QB.

He's actually benefitted from having a good offensive coach bringing him along.

Jets will sweep the Dolphins next year. Each year the Dolphins are chosen as the NFLs dark horse.

Each year the Dolphins play WORSE at the end of the season.

Was it the Petty comment that shocked you both?

You'll see. Chan Gailey will put together an offense that will utilize Genos skills & make it that much easier for Petty to be brought along slowly but also is right in his wheelhouse.

You will both be apologizing to me in 2017.

Bryce Petty will be a BETTER player than the WR turned QB Tannyhill when it's all said & done.

I will be shocked if you are still around here in 2017.  BTW, redundancy does not make your low rent stream of consciousness rant any less idiotic and over the top.  Lastly, no one was slobbering on his knob -- just pointing out your stupidity.  Different subjects, stronzo.

Dolphins have a young, mediocre qb. Probably the worst thing that can happen to a franchise. Hes what Andy Dalton is to the Bengals.

We are better off having a young, crappy qb like Geno as we know he sucks and will keep looking for a young, elite qb.

I was thinking Chad Pennington.  This team was so enamored with his win against Peyton we rode him for 7 years...  he is NOT winning a championship, even when healthy.

:hand:

He's Pennington with a stronger arm. Ceiling is 1 and done in the postseason. 

The Dolphins will regret this move. 

I just do not like the guy.  I have only seen him play the Jets and frankly, have not been impressed.  He does not worry me, is the best way I can describe playing him.  Good QBs worry  me.

Archived