Kraft will not appeal NFL punishment

Jetfan13

This is true if, and only if, this wasn't the plan from the beginning.  

Once Kraft went insane if felt kinda a like show - showing his relationship is ruined...letting the public see there's no favoritism...Then the punishment can be reversed.

I've said this before - this isn't about the penalties for the Pats, it's about ego and legacy.  The only way any reduction is accepted by Kraft is if the penalty is ONLY for obstruction and not cheating.  

That's what's going to happen.  Lower to two games for lack of cooperation - but they'll remove two games of the 4 for deflating and cite lack of proof.

They can claim Brady's not a cheater, yet he still gets suspended.  Pats lose a 2nd...

That's how this ends up and it's entirely BS...

Hope not but your post is sufficiently cynical for my tastes

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kraft knows his organization is guilty (AGAIN!!!) and he tried to save face.  Nothing changes

the fact that they ALWAYS cheat and they got spanked.  Losing a #1 and a #4 is HUGE

You could see this coming a million miles away.

Tons of denial, tons of moral outrage by the pats but no way they were going to force the issue, no way no how.  Goodell may have had to spell it out for him.

"I know you are upset Bob but really it is in the best interest of you and the Pats to move on from this, you can accept and still deny.  If you do appeal or if this does go to the courts it will open up a can of worms we cannot close."

Just like the spygate case, if that had gone to the courts or a big appeal then the tapes, all of them would have been exposed.

I'm actually sad they did not go to court or launch a blustery appeal.  Then we would have 100% had all of this exposed and it would be proven that Brady is a rotten liar.

PatsFans.Com is going ballistic. "Done with Kraft!" "Kiss my ass!"

Very funny

Just goes to show how utterly STUPID that fan base is.  Dumbasses can't even realize that this course of action is the only thing preventing them from facing concrete proof instead of it very likely happened.

3rd round pick, 2 game suspension, and no fine.

Brady is only appealing HIS 4 GAME SUSSPENSION. The Patriots by doing this have agreed to the loss of picks and the $1 million fine.

YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN TOM!

So let me get this straight - there is a formal appeals process BUT this gets changed to a backroom, private meeting, solely between the Commissioner and an owner (who the Commissioner works for) and they conclude the meeting by hugging?

The FIX is in....I cannot wait to see the results....

How is this even possible???

Why even have a procedure if people can publically threaten the league and then have back room deals cut on their behalf!!!

What about those all those folks who the league has punished not because they cheated or influenced the game but because they made the league look bad?  You can be suspended for striking your child but not for cheating in a playoff round?

The NFL IS A DISGRACE!!!!

If Goodell backtracks he loses any credibility he has. Besides the owners need to stand up to Kraft getting his way.

I think they have, to the point that Kraft had no choice but to agree to the fines.

you have to remember, this really has nothing to do with Brady over him agree not to arbitrate.he's in charge of five major committees of the NFL. the owners may have pressed him to either give in or drop out of those committees.

Brady, the NFLPA and Don Yee would not still be so steadfast and continue with arbitration. An agreement on lowering the amount of games would have come out as well; it didn't.

Brady is on his own & his owner just informed him and all of us that he is...

This one may be the world's champion of getting things 100% backwards....

All I can say is that this is disappointing and kinda sucky. However I will give credit to the other teams and the NFL for concocting probably the biggest POS sports scandal in the history of sports. They had NO ability to beat the pats fairly. So they had to cheat. They take a nothing issue and turn the whole world against the Pats and then for the coup de grace figure out how to turn the Pats fans against the pats. 

Bravo NFL Bravo. You have once again proved that cheating pays and that the USA is stupid enough to believe anything. Whomever cooked this up was brilliant.

Wait -- does this mean the hundreds of posts and thousands of upvotes at ProFootballTalk by P*ts* apologists -- claiming all this stuff about the Ideal Gas Law, bad gauges, a witch hunt, Brady's innocent, Goodell's going to have to apologize -

YOU MEAN ALL of those fans are UTTERLY WRONG about DEFLATEGATE?

Pats not going to appeal after report of Kraft and Goodell kissing and making up ONLY means that Goodell might go easy on Shady Brady. That would be an abomination. Period.

You know the fix is in, after all that big talk and chest pounding Kraft did, only to concede? Kraft got something out of this deal, no question. 2 games max, if any.

This has got to be the most psychotically delusional conspiracy theories of all time…31 other teams "cheat" in order to beat the Pats who cheat....whaaaa the ???????

All I can say is that this is disappointing and kinda sucky. However I will give credit to the other teams and the NFL for concocting probably the biggest POS sports scandal in the history of sports. They had NO ability to beat the pats fairly. So they had to cheat. They take a nothing issue and turn the whole world against the Pats and then for the coup de grace figure out how to turn the Pats fans against the pats. 

Bravo NFL Bravo. You have once again proved that cheating pays and that the USA is stupid enough to believe anything. Whomever cooked this up was brilliant.

• rep_up.png
  •  
  • rep_down.png
  •  

You know the fix is in, after all that big talk and chest pounding Kraft did, only to concede? Kraft got something out of this deal, no question. 2 games max, if any.

For sure.   Favorable ruling on something big down the road.  Maybe stadium issue... something involving big money.

PatsFans.Com is going ballistic. "Done with Kraft!" "Kiss my ass!"

Very funny

Can't think of a more deserving group of a-holes than that incestuous cluster fck over at Patsfans.com.  

Absurd. My pats fan colleagues are all saying that Kraft and Brady are innocent but that Goodell wants to make a case against the pats. So, Kraft is not going to appeal in the hopes that it lessens Brady's suspension.

WHAT!?

1) Goodell isn't making a case. He's handing out punishments based on other people's cases.

2) Other people couldn't make cases without there being cases to be made.

3*) If Kraft and Brady were truly innocent, they wouldn't have to go through back channels to lessen the suspension. They'd go full steam ahead with the appeal, win the appeal, have all punishment dropped, their name cleared, and Kraft would finally get that apology he's still awaiting.

4) If Kraft and Goodell did come to some agreement in a dark alleyway, that's even more ****ed up than the Pats cheating in the first place.

Long story short, I can't believe Patriots fans are allowed to walk around like normal people without parental/societal supervision. 

* ultimately, #3 is the only point which should matter at all.

You should know. For this site, the New England Patriots will always haunt jet fans.

#cantletgo

Sidenote:

Good for Kraft. As a fan *claps*

hahaha.  How feeble.  Pats trolls here are utterly pathetic.

You should know. For this site, the New England Patriots will always haunt jet fans.

#cantletgo

Sidenote:

Good for Kraft. As a fan *claps*

I don't know about always but some Jet fans are just obsessed with the Pats. I am not one of them. 

Archived