Chan Gailey just put the nail in the coffin on the 2015 season

jetscrazey

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't say that.  Fitz is injured.

You keep telling yourself that if it makes it easier for you. But the coach that knows Fitz better than anyone annointed Geno as the clear starter any way you slice it.  The good thing is that if Geno fails, we should be in a good position for a good QB in the draft.

You keep telling yourself that if it makes it easier for you. But the coach that knows Fitz better than anyone annointed Geno as the clear starter any way you slice it.  The good thing is that if Geno fails, we should be in a good position for a good QB in the draft.

That's not what he did at all but ok.

As far as I am concerned, I will put some trust in Chan Gailey and this NEW staff. Some of you are like whining bitches. Geno gets 1 more shot with some REAL WR group and a REAL coaching staff. I do believe he will be on a very short leash as it relates to turnovers. I do NOT think that Bowles will sit still for it. So let it play out. 

As far as I am concerned, I will put some trust in Chan Gailey and this NEW staff. Some of you are like whining bitches. Geno gets 1 more shot with some REAL WR group and a REAL coaching staff. I do believe he will be on a very short leash as it relates to turnovers. I do NOT think that Bowles will sit still for it. So let it play out. 

I heard the same BS after Sparano and Mornhinweg were hired.  I put my trust in no one until they earn it.  I don't want to sh1tcan the season again by going with Geno, who I think will always be a disaster.  Just let the QBs compete for the job.

TELL 'EM STEVE-DAVE!

Not sure what everyone expects.  Petty isn't ready and Fitz is still recovering.  Would everyone prefer that the coaches claimed there was competition when there isn't any? I would rather the staff doesn't kill its credibility right out of the gate.

I love that way the Jets have created competition at so many levels in just one year after having a team with a lot of weak spots, but they couldn't do it at QB.  That got a decent backup and a project with a lot of potential; if Geno falls flat, I can see them switching to Fitz, but right now Geno is what you have.

The good news is that when they say 'there is competition at Guard' you can at least believe them.

People, you don't understand. If Geno sucks, the worst that happens is that they tank and they draft another QB. Also our coach had a playoff game close with RYAN LINDLEY at Qb

Without a shred of exaggeration, Lindley is the worst QB I ever saw in an NFL game.  Game against us two years ago, where he was overthrowing guys by 10-15 yards, was a complete debacle.  No joke, he overthrew Fitzgerald so bad that the ball landed in the stands. lol

What if Geno is good and the coaching was bad?

What if it takes more than 2 years for a QB from a spread offense to learn the NFL game.

Funny every Jet fan, every so called expert says it will take a few years for Mariota and Petty but expected Geno to not need those two + years to develop. Geno shouldn't get the same time frame.

Who cares WHAT HAPPENS IN MAY! If Geno Sucks someone else will play. But this is the exact reason Parcells never allowed his coordinators to speak with the media. It served them no purpose to say that today.

What if Geno is good and the coaching was bad?

Very possible.  Which was part of my whole contention with the Geno vs. Fitz debate.  80 remembers this post.  It going to haunt his dreams now that Chan the Master agreed.

Here's what I know of the two: Geno his rookie year on one of the worst teams ever assembled, won 8 games.  Fitz in 10 years, on much better teams, has never topped 6.  Geno in his 2nd season, had an equal TD to INT ratio.  Fitz didnt get there till his 7th season in the league.  Geno in his 2nd season, reached 59.7% completion percentage.  Fitz didnt get there till his 7th year in the league.  Geno was widely considered a first round talent who got drafted in the 2nd.  Fitz was drafted in the 7th.  Geno has the ability to make plays with his feet. Fitz doesnt. 

Here's what to considered: you've seen Fitz under Gaily and he a was loser JAG.  We havent seen Geno under Gailey.  We've only seen him under the worst Head Coach ever who was a QB killer. There is at least a chance, albeit a small one, that a new coach and system turns the lights on for Geno.  Fitz isnt getting saved.  He is what he is...a career loser JAG.

Overall, it benefits the Jets for Geno to win the job.  So maybe its hope, maybe its a true belief...but yes, I see Geno winning the job.  

I heard the same BS after Sparano and Mornhinweg were hired.  I put my trust in no one until they earn it.  I don't want to sh1tcan the season again by going with Geno, who I think will always be a disaster.  Just let the QBs compete for the job.

I get it man. Let me suggest this to you. They SAY that Geno is #1 going into TC. But if he stinks it up in pre-season and Fitz is ready and looks good, I think Bowles will make a change. Just as he would in the regular season. As I said he's a very short leash, as he should be.

I get it man. Let me suggest this to you. They SAY that Geno is #1 going into TC. But if he stinks it up in pre-season and Fitz is ready and looks good, I think Bowles will make a change. Just as he would in the regular season. As I said he's a very short leash, as he should be.

Okay.  You talked me off the ledge.  Thanks.

What if it takes more than 2 years for a QB from a spread offense to learn the NFL game.

Funny every Jet fan, every so called expert says it will take a few years for Mariota and Petty but expected Geno to not need those two + years to develop. Geno shouldn't get the same time frame.

The far majority of Jets fans have been mentally beaten into submission.

I can't imagine anything more disgusting than a JiF-Pac coalition.  I'm thinking Pac agrees with me on this one too.

Normally yes but I've noticed his football posts when it comes to Rex, Geno, and state of the team are usually correct.  There have been a few threads where he and I seem to be 2 of the only ones that get it right.

Normally yes but I've noticed his football posts when it comes to Rex, Geno, and state of the team are usually correct. There have been a few threads where he and I seem to be 2 of the only ones that get it right.

Seem to be.

That's not what he did at all but ok.

The point is he didn't have to do anything at all.  He could have easily said we'll make that decision when the time comes or any other number of understandable deflections but he chose to say Geno is the starter and that's the way we expect it to be.  Perhaps he agrees with JiF and I that you can't make a definitive decision on a young QB when you have the worst WR corps in the league and an offense that isn't suited to maximize his talents.

Archived