Sheldon Richardson

Mo Lew

This is not a good sign.  Bowles has to be bummed out about this.  Maybe there is some loyalty to Rex here, but you would think he would want to get the new D down.  And this is the time to do it.  Everyone speculates whether Wilkerson will be back.  Maybe it's Richardson who will be trade bait.  Afterall, we certainly understand why Wilkerson is sitting out.  But Richardson??  He needs to get his prorites straight.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheldon's a little bit arrogant. Great player but attitude is a little cocky at times. Personally I think since his best bud Mo isn't here, he doesn't wanna be here either yet. Those two guys seem very close.

Sheldon's a little bit arrogant. Great player but attitude is a little cocky at times. Personally I think since his best bud Mo isn't here, he doesn't wanna be here either yet. Those two guys seem very close.

What bothers me the most about both these guys is the fact they have a new coach coming in, a whole new organization and new defense to boot so where the **** are their priorities ? Sheldon has no reason not to be here, none what so ever I thought he was better than this and could be relied upon to be a leader instead of a over grown child. These OTA's are not physically taxing and the valuable meeting time these guys are missing is important as well. Mo should be setting an example, its been said they are trying to work a deal to get him signed at least show up and maybe that gets you over the hump in negotiations not showing up certainly won't since both Bowles and Macc seem to be no nonsense. 

Does anyone know what Mo is asking for ? Cause if its even in the same zip code as JJ Watt its too much he's not that good not even close.

This is not a good sign.  Bowles has to be bummed out about this.  Maybe there is some loyalty to Rex here, but you would think he would want to get the new D down.  And this is the time to do it.  Everyone speculates whether Wilkerson will be back.  Maybe it's Richardson who will be trade bait.  Afterall, we certainly understand why Wilkerson is sitting out.  But Richardson??  He needs to get his prorites straight.

Well look at it this way ...there is no way in hell we can keep all three of these players going into their second contract ...If Williams becomes a stud his second contact will fall right in the middle of Sheldons and Mo's is we sign them both. There is a good chance we may see a trade sooner than we think

What bothers me the most about both these guys is the fact they have a new coach coming in, a whole new organization and new defense to boot so where the **** are their priorities ? Sheldon has no reason not to be here, none what so ever I thought he was better than this and could be relied upon to be a leader instead of a over grown child. These OTA's are not physically taxing and the valuable meeting time these guys are missing is important as well. Mo should be setting an example, its been said they are trying to work a deal to get him signed at least show up and maybe that gets you over the hump in negotiations not showing up certainly won't since both Bowles and Macc seem to be no nonsense. 

Does anyone know what Mo is asking for ? Cause if its even in the same zip code as JJ Watt its too much he's not that good not even close.

Read in a few places and was told by Manish that he wants to be in Robert Quinn territory...6 yrs/$65 million with $40 mil guaranteed

The thing that sucks about these guys not being at OTAs is that due to the CBA practices have been seriously reduced compared to the past.

Six months isn't enough time off?

Honestly I'm already tired of the Mo Wilkerson contract watch. He's a good player, he's not GREAT. Plus he disappeared in the last 8 games last year. He wants Robert Quinn money but isn't close to the "pass rusher" Quinn is and if you want the top money you have to take down the QB.

I think he started hearing too much about how good he is & it started going to his head. He deserves a new contract but I'm with Mac on this the Jets need to approach with caution to make sure it's also good for the Jets.

If there's one thing this franchise has done over the years it's overpaying players. I'd sit back & say show me in 2015. Win, win if he plays lights out. It helps us win in 2015, gives you the opportunity to see how he matches up with other players at his position and if you can't sign him trade him so you can try to move up in the 2016 draft & target a QB or LT whatever you need.

The thing that sucks about these guys not being at OTAs is that due to the CBA practices have been seriously reduced compared to the past.

Six months isn't enough time off?

Honestly I'm already tired of the Mo Wilkerson contract watch. He's a good player, he's not GREAT. Plus he disappeared in the last 8 games last year. He wants Robert Quinn money but isn't close to the "pass rusher" Quinn is and if you want the top money you have to take down the QB.

I think he started hearing too much about how good he is & it started going to his head. He deserves a new contract but I'm with Mac on this the Jets need to approach with caution to make sure it's also good for the Jets.

If there's one thing this franchise has done over the years it's overpaying players. I'd sit back & say show me in 2015. Win, win if he plays lights out. It helps us win in 2015, gives you the opportunity to see how he matches up with other players at his position and if you can't sign him trade him so you can try to move up in the 2016 draft & target a QB or LT whatever you need.

Not as easy as you make it to trade him after this year. This is what I mean. After this year M Wilkerson is an unrestricted Fa. Yes the Jets can franchise tag him.( about 14 million per year- Jets can find the money to pay that). But once Wilkerson signs that Franchise tag contract, than the Jets can't trade him, he is a Jet for 2016.( stuck paying that 14 million)

Why would M Wilkerson let the Jets decide where he plays( hold off signing that franchise contract so they can trade him). all players want to have control,and eventually Jet will let him leave.( have much cheaper option in Leonard Williams.

The Jets really have two choices trade him before this season , or sign him to a new contract. The Jets try and wait to make a decision, and they could be sticking it to themselves.

He was better his rookie year, by a noticeable margin.

Except for that he wasn't, at all. He came in absolutely phenomenal against the run and maintained that throughout his sophomore season, but the spot where he made a huge jump was in his pass-rush.  So not only did he maintain his ability against the rush, he surpassed his rookie year's pass-rush production in just about 10 games last season. Dude was a beast.

Except for that he wasn't, at all. He came in absolutely phenomenal against the run and maintained that throughout his sophomore season, but the spot where he made a huge jump was in his pass-rush.  So not only did he maintain his ability against the rush, he surpassed his rookie year's pass-rush production in just about 10 games last season. Dude was a beast.

nah he sucks

Kut this bum. I don't care if his 290+ lb ass runs down WRs fifty yards downfield for a game-winning stop in a lost season, he says mean stuff on the twitter and doesn't come for all the workouts when he should be learning a new system. Everyone knows you can't take your playbook outside of the facility. Rex infected him with his laziness, bag his ass before he spreads it to the other players. Plus trade Mo, because Leonard could eventually be as good as those two and why tie up money in a position that doesn't really matter.

Kut this bum. I don't care if his 290+ lb ass runs down WRs fifty yards downfield for a game-winning stop in a lost season, he says mean stuff on the twitter and doesn't come for all the workouts when he should be learning a new system. Everyone knows you can't take your playbook outside of the facility. Rex infected him with his laziness, bag his ass before he spreads it to the other players. Plus trade Mo, because Leonard could eventually be as good as those two and why tie up money in a position that doesn't really matter.

+1 strong take

What bothers me the most about both these guys is the fact they have a new coach coming in, a whole new organization and new defense to boot so where the **** are their priorities ? Sheldon has no reason not to be here, none what so ever I thought he was better than this and could be relied upon to be a leader instead of a over grown child. These OTA's are not physically taxing and the valuable meeting time these guys are missing is important as well. Mo should be setting an example, its been said they are trying to work a deal to get him signed at least show up and maybe that gets you over the hump in negotiations not showing up certainly won't since both Bowles and Macc seem to be no nonsense.

I understand Mo sitting out. That example you're speaking of, he set last season when he had $1M left on his contract (this year was a team option that certainly wouldn't have been exercised if he got seriously injured). Players get ACL injuries during OTAs.

Mo is excused. Richardson is not.

I understand Mo sitting out. That example you're speaking of, he set last season when he had $1M left on his contract (this year was a team option that certainly wouldn't have been exercised if he got seriously injured). Players get ACL injuries during OTAs.

Agreed.  Richardson just closed escrow on a very a short leash.  He's burned whatever goodwill he had.  

Yeah I see what your saying ....What if Mo were to show up and say hey I want to get into the new play book and attend meeting's but I'll skip the on field activities ? At least that would be showing something

I just love how when somebody is holding out, doesn't honor his contract, stays away completely from the facility, that's considered "excused", but when another guy spends SOME of his off time with his family and otherwise is at the facility and has no problem with his contract, that's the a$$hole. Talk about double standard or better yet hypocrisy.

It seems obvious to me that Sheldon is trying to remind the front office that he also exists. I commend the Jets for not making a big deal over these guys not being at OTA's. You don't become successful by letting the few dictate the destiny of the many.

It seems obvious to me that Sheldon is trying to remind the front office that he also exists. I commend the Jets for not making a big deal over these guys not being at OTA's. You don't become successful by letting the few dictate the destiny of the many.

I agree. Trade him to Minnesota for Peterson.

I just love how when somebody is holding out, doesn't honor his contract, stays away completely from the facility, that's considered "excused", but when another guy spends SOME of his off time with his family and otherwise is at the facility and has no problem with his contract, that's the a$$hole. Talk about double standard or better yet hypocrisy.

+1 Not showing up especially with the new regime in place doesn't say I'm here to help and learn the new system.. Sheldon has made some of the OTA's yet Mo is the good guy??

Archived