Sheldon Richardson

Mo Lew

i could care less about him showing up to voluntary workouts, but when you tell the fans to "worry about themselves", it comes off as real douchey.

Completely agree! Like others have said, it's voluntary but this guy seriously has to stay off twitter. Come on Sheldon, if you don't care what Jet fans think then stop reacting to them.

Starting pissing matches with your fans is just bad policy, where's this dudes agent?

Coaches must hate the social media thing, especially twitter it's nothing but trouble. Sheldons like the defensive Keyshawn.

Why can't we ever find humble stars.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could care less about him showing up to voluntary workouts, but when you tell the fans to "worry about themselves", it comes off as real douchey.  

:face:

No, douchy would be a fan with no life going on the internet, calling him out on twitter, asking him why he doesn't show up for work, and beat writers speculating that he might be holding out, that he's not happy here, just because he doesn't attent VOLUNTARY workouts, when he would rather spend time with his family during his vacation. And then you bother the guy to the point where he HAS TO go on twitter and defend himself so that these little crybabies would shut up and move on with their pathetic life. Because if he doesn't respond he's holding out. He was too nice with his response, I would have fully approved a good old twitter rant. You don't own the guy, he doesn't answer to you. Stop bothering him during his time off and get a life.

Let's be real. You have a new coach, new GM, new regime, you fancy yourself a team leader, get your ass on a plane and show your face.

He was there during the OTA's, he met the staff, he worked out like everyone else. Worry about the players that are holding us back instead of alienating our best player during his off time.

He was there during the OTA's, he met the staff, he worked out like everyone else. Worry about the players that are holding us back instead of alienating our best player during his off time.

agree to a point.  but he actually said he needed more time with his family.  they have 5 months of down time.  he needed another freaking day ? 

agree to a point.  but he actually said he needed more time with his family.  they have 5 months of down time.  he needed another freaking day ?

This post is the problem with fans and what drives athletes crazy, completely selfish on the fan for having this attitude and then letting him know about it via social media.

One day, two days, it's spring practices in shorts, and he is one of our best players who is an established player, somebody in his family graduated, it's that time of year, he's been with the team all off season otherwise, everybody needs to calm the hell down!!

I think it's more the hassle of having to fly back & forth for no reason really. He was there 2-3 weeks ago, he went through this stuff already and probably decided it wasn't worth it. He met everybody, he knows what's up, what's to come, what to do. Him not showing up now to walk around in shorts for a couple of days is not going to make him or the defense any worse. In fact it gives the younger guys/backups some some reps. Sheldon doesn't need those reps.

Nobody is saying it's not fair to wonder why he's not there. But that doesn't give people the right to contact him, to bother him, to insult the guy and poke the bear so to speak until he responds. He doesn't report to anybody except his coaches/FO. And those guys don't even bother him. So who are these obnoxious people calling out our best player for being too lazy to fly across the country to show up for work when he's on vacation. Nobody in here would have done that, nobody shows up for work if they don't have to. What kind of life do these people live that they get up in the morning and decide to call out Sheldon during his time off like he owes them an apology/explanation.

This post is the problem with fans and what drives athletes crazy, completely selfish on the fan for having this attitude and then letting him know about it via social media.

One day, two days, it's spring practices in shorts, and he is one of our best players who is an established player, somebody in his family graduated, it's that time of year, he's been with the team all off season otherwise, everybody needs to calm the hell down!!

I think it's more the hassle of having to fly back & forth for no reason really. He was there 2-3 weeks ago, he went through this stuff already and probably decided it wasn't worth it. He met everybody, he knows what's up, what's to come, what to do. Him not showing up now to walk around in shorts for a couple of days is not going to make him or the defense any worse. In fact it gives the younger guys/backups some some reps. Sheldon doesn't need those reps.

Nobody is saying it's not fair to wonder why he's not there. But that doesn't give people the right to contact him, to bother him, to insult the guy and poke the bear so to speak until he responds. He doesn't report to anybody except his coaches/FO. And those guys don't even bother him. So who are these obnoxious people calling out our best player for being too lazy to fly across the country to show up for work when he's on vacation. Nobody in here would have done that, nobody shows up for work if they don't have to. What kind of life do these people live that they get up in the morning and decide to call out Sheldon during his time off like he owes them an apology/explanation.

all he has to do is say it was an excused absence.  is that so hard ?  I don't need to know why if it's family related

and this isn't the first time he has told the fans to shut up or whatever

like I said, he is an ass, I don't like him, but as long as he kills the QB I don't care

all he has to do is give an explanation and say it was an excused absence.  is that so hard ?

and this isn't the first time he has told the fans to shut up or whatever

like I said, he is an ass, I don't like him, but as long as he kills the QB I don't care

Who does that? Who doesn't show up for OTA's and then has some sort of announcement or explanation for the fans? Nobody. And what did you expect him to say? "Hey guys, I don't feel like showing up. See you in a few months!"? Yeah, something tells me that won't go over too well with the fans...

Who does that? Who doesn't show up for OTA's and then has some sort of announcement or explanation for the fans? Nobody. And what did you expect him to say? "Hey guys, I don't feel like showing up. See you in a few months!"? Yeah, something tells me that won't go over too well with the fans...

Bowles didnt even know where he was...

my understanding is this is a twitter deal.  I have never been on twitter.  I guess whats happening is fans are giving him a hard time on twitter, and he told the fans to get a life or shut up or whatever

apparently, that isn't gong over well with fans, lol

My point is if you are a famous athlete, have a twitter account and actually interact with fans, you should have half a brain and be a grown up about it.  All he had to do is say someone in my family graduated, the jets knew about it, everybody needs to chill out

Honestly it's none of his business. If he cared enough he would have contacted him or his agent which he didn't. He doesn't have to. Sheldon doesn't have to. Bowles knows it wasn't a big deal. Sheldon was there 2 weeks ago, there's nothing going on. He's not unhappy, he's not dead, he's not in jail, he's working out at home. People are telling him to get his ass to the facility during his off time when he's with his family and his response couldn't have been any nicer. All he said was "Please worry about yourself, I want to enjoy my family a little longer". And he's the a$$hole. Not the losers on twitter that don't have a life. Got it.

1860858.jpg

Jets defensive end Sheldon Richardson is skipping the team's OTAs this week, a decision that earned him criticism from fans and media.

Richardson's explanation isn't likely to win anyone over.

Richardson went on Twitter and told fans he missed the workouts because, "I have a life outside of football."

"I chose to enjoy my family a little longer," he continued. "So to (you) fans that know everything, please worry 'bout yourself."

so 95% of the team was there, but he needed more time, 5 months of down time isn't enough for sheldon

lol, he's an assclown

my understanding is this is a twitter deal.  I have never been on twitter.  I guess whats happening is fans are giving him a hard time on twitter, and he told the fans to get a life or shut up or whatever

apparently, that isn't gong over well with fans, lol

My point is if you are a famous athlete, have a twitter account and actually interact with fans, you should have half a brain and be a grown up about it.  All he had to do is say someone in my family graduated, the jets knew about it, everybody needs to chill out

But it's up to him whether he wants to give you an explanation or not. He decided not to and that's where it should have ended. That doesn't give anybody the right to call him out. Move on with your life, leave him alone.

But it's up to him whether he wants to give you an explanation or not. He decided not to and that's where it should have ended. That doesn't give anybody the right to call him out. Move on with your life, leave him alone.

is he gonna cry ?

I believe he is head case too and will most likely not finish his career with jets.  I say trade him and pay Mo.  Mo is more versatile anyway.

Ah, a basement GM and for bonus points a amateur psychologist.

You read the board and we should get rid of Mo and now Sheldon. Holy sh*t, too funny.

Bowles didn't have his phone number?? LOL Sheldon didn't have to be there but was there for some OTA's no big deal to me.. Next month they have mandatory OTA's then we will see who doesn't show up..

Sheldon knows he's not getting anything this year, he'll have to wait one more year. I think him not showing up is more of a "hey, don't forget about me, I have to be paid as well" kind of a thing. He'll be there come camp and probably say the OTA's were voluntary, he had other stuff to attend to or just didn't feel like it, whatever. The only reason he MAYBE could be "hard to deal with" is the fact that he's gonna ask for a lot of money and we don't know how much money we can afford to put in that D-Line. With Mo, Snacks coming up, Coples as well. But he's worth every penny. You can't hold that against him. The Texans didn't go "Watt is gonna be hard to deal with".

yeah he's setting some example

Obviously given what I wrote was dead on it left you with nothing more than capital N small j as the logical response.

Lighten up

Let me guess...your a woman from Nj? 

Sound like my wife always declaring victory in arguments that make no sense.

Let me guess...your a woman from Nj?

Sound like my wife always declaring victory in arguments that make no sense.

That would be you're, must not have taught that in the state you come from. But hey, you've got NJ deep up your ass. Go with it. I remind you of your wife? Are you gay? Or is your wife, ugh manly?  Or just ugly?

Victory? You're one of those thick headed people that after missing the point of original post will go on forever, on a different tangent each time, changing each post along the way.

i heard his period is gonna attract bears

4-12 last year and they still have face to show this attitude? Dude Sheldon. I took my kid to a game where you were raped literally and I had to keep my kid's emotions under control. Now you are talking about family and workouts. 4-12 idiot. 4-12. Laughing stock of ******* NFL. man up, bring your ass to Florham Park and work out. 

Archived