Sheldon Richardson

Mo Lew

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand Mo sitting out. That example you're speaking of, he set last season when he had $1M left on his contract (this year was a team option that certainly wouldn't have been exercised if he got seriously injured). Players get ACL injuries during OTAs.

Mo is excused. Richardson is not.

All OTA's are voluntary workouts. So no one missing anything that the team can penalize them for . You would hope since it's a new staff , they would want to learn the new defense. The mandatory minicamp players have to be there for. ( coming up) IF someone misses that one than they could be fined.

LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Dez Bryant, Marshawn Lynch, Cliff Avril, Martellus Bennett and Jimmy Graham have all been absent, among many other recognizable names across the NFL. They should all be cut immediately.

none of those guys are two year vets with a new gm, hc, dc, oc, and a brand new first round pick at his position who is praised for being NFL ready from day one.

none of those guys are two year vets with a new gm, hc, dc, oc, and a brand new first round pick at his position who is praised for being NFL ready from day one.

It doesn't matter if he's a 3 year or 6 year vet, he's an elite player, among the best in the NFL and he's still on his rookie deal (underpaid), and he still shows up for the OTA sessions (not all of them) even though he could easily just hold out alltogether and not show up for anything. Did the other guys? No. McCoy by the way the Bills gave up a good young player for, they handed him a huge contract on top of that, and he's on a new team with a new staff, new GM, new everything. It's amazing how some of the Jets fans learn nothing from their mistakes in the past. They pulled the same sh*t with Revis (he was Mevi$ back then, remember?), then we finally trade him and suddenly the same fans were ready to kiss his feet to somehow get him back to the Jets. Loser attitude. Show some loyalty and treat the players with a little more respect, maybe we'd be better off if guys stopped bitching about everything and supported the players a little bit.

It doesn't matter if he's a 3 year or 6 year vet, he's an elite player, among the best in the NFL and he's still on his rookie deal (underpaid), and he still shows up for the OTA sessions (not all of them) even though he could easily just hold out alltogether and not show up for anything. Did the other guys? No. McCoy by the way the Bills gave up a good young player for, they handed him a huge contract on top of that, and he's on a new team with a new staff, new GM, new everything. It's amazing how some of the Jets fans learn nothing from their mistakes in the past. They pulled the same sh*t with Revis (he was Mevi$ back then, remember?), then we finally trade him and suddenly the same fans were ready to kiss his feet to somehow get him back to the Jets. Loser attitude. Show some loyalty and treat the players with a little more respect, maybe we'd be better off if guys stopped bitching about everything and supported the players a little bit.

CBA says he can't make a new deal this early on. So your point, isn't one.

all I would like sheldon to do is delete his twitter account

I just could do without knowing which jets are the assholes

I like to fool myself into thinking most of them like football and are pretty cool

all I would like sheldon to do is delete his twitter account

I just could do without knowing which jets are the assholes

I like to fool myself into thinking most of them like football and are pretty cool

I know a RB that didn't like football..

The thing that sucks about these guys not being at OTAs is that due to the CBA practices have been seriously reduced compared to the past.

Six months isn't enough time off?

Honestly I'm already tired of the Mo Wilkerson contract watch. He's a good player, he's not GREAT. Plus he disappeared in the last 8 games last year. He wants Robert Quinn money but isn't close to the "pass rusher" Quinn is and if you want the top money you have to take down the QB.

I think he started hearing too much about how good he is & it started going to his head. He deserves a new contract but I'm with Mac on this the Jets need to approach with caution to make sure it's also good for the Jets.

If there's one thing this franchise has done over the years it's overpaying players. I'd sit back & say show me in 2015. Win, win if he plays lights out. It helps us win in 2015, gives you the opportunity to see how he matches up with other players at his position and if you can't sign him trade him so you can try to move up in the 2016 draft & target a QB or LT whatever you need.

that's the way I feel and I love Mo when he plays well but yeah he is no JJ or no Quinn and he does disappear from time to time we got Williams wich I think will be better, like to see him stay but if he wants too much guess what we will need OTs very soon, he can become a nice trade piece

I just love how when somebody is holding out, doesn't honor his contract, stays away completely from the facility, that's considered "excused", but when another guy spends SOME of his off time with his family and otherwise is at the facility and has no problem with his contract, that's the a$$hole. Talk about double standard or better yet hypocrisy.

Sheldon just had 5 months off..  enough with the wanting to spend time with the family jazz.  I'm stoked with a 3 day weekend. 

He's already talked a bunch about his eventual big pay day so he's opened himself up to criticism when he doesn't show up for camp just because.  I refuse to believe he misses mom when he just had the last 150 days off.

Sheldon just had 5 months off..  enough with the wanting to spend time with the family jazz.  I'm stoked with a 3 day weekend. 

He's already talked a bunch about his eventual big pay day so he's opened himself up to criticism when he doesn't show up for camp just because.  I refuse to believe he misses mom when he just had the last 150 days off.

Do you show up to work if you don't have to? No? Well so what are we talking about here? And please spare us this "I'm not a millionaire, I'm just a hard working guy" junk. I'm not a millionaire either, let's clear that up.

These workouts are VOLUNTARY, that's it. Stop whining. If somebody doesn't want to show up it's perfectly fine. It doesn't set him back, it doesn't set the team back. If you want to whine about certain players having to show up then make these workouts MANDATORY. Until then stop bothering the players, it's none of your business what they do during their time off. Sheldon by the way did show up for OTA's by the way, just not ALL of them. Neither did Marshall.

In the big picture this is just a blip on the radar, but it does help look into the leadership qualities of some of these professionals.

I can guarantee you that Revis doesn't HAVE to be there but he was.

Cromarty already knows Bowles defense but he showed up.

I saw clips of maybe the best QB to ever play the game in Mr.Tom Brady at Pats camp. Uh, he probably already knows the offense.

Again, no big deal, but even though I can't stand the guy that Sheldon has been compared too (Warren Sapp), I doubt Sapp would skip OTAs, even though they are voluntary. Jerry Rice? Doubt it.

The greats are great for a reason. They are always ALL IN.

Do you show up to work if you don't have to? No? Well so what are we talking about here? And please spare us this "I'm not a millionaire, I'm just a hard working guy" junk. I'm not a millionaire either, let's clear that up.

These workouts are VOLUNTARY, that's it. Stop whining. If somebody doesn't want to show up it's perfectly fine. It doesn't set him back, it doesn't set the team back. If you want to whine about certain players having to show up then make these workouts MANDATORY. Until then stop bothering the players, it's none of your business what they do during their time off. Sheldon by the way did show up for OTA's by the way, just not ALL of them. Neither did Marshall.

First off yes you are a millionaire.

Secondly, no one is whining but you.  and I'm not sure why.

You have the right to defend Sheldon for wanting more PS4 time and I have the right to think it's silly.  Not sure what you're so hot and bothered about.

Wasn't Sheldon there for part of the week?  The thing that bothered me was Bowles saying he didn't know where Sheldon was.  They should at least  be in contact, but that may just be Bowles way of ignoring the issue and putting it back on Sheldon.

Im not being entirely facetious. He should be there and if I was coaching the team there'd be repercussions.

Then you would be the one facing repercussions from violating the CBA

Wasn't Sheldon there for part of the week? The thing that bothered me was Bowles saying he didn't know where Sheldon was. They should at least be in contact, but that may just be Bowles way of ignoring the issue and putting it back on Sheldon.

Then you would be the one facing repercussions from violating the CBA

I'd feed the CBA to Sheldon, cut it from his spleen, then send the remains to DeMaurice Smith.

• 1 month later...

Dude took the day off from voluntary OTA, in May, for a family commitment... and these morons are flipping out like he just punched his girlfriend in an elevator. For ****'s sake our fans can be pathetic.

no he wasnt punchin anyone.  He just got caught smoking weed is all......got in trouble for it........got caught again.......got in trouble for it......got caught again......got in trouble for it.........got caught again......got suspended for 4 games.....  

maybe he should have just put the pipe down and went to practice..  carry on.

no he wasnt punchin anyone.  He just got caught smoking weed is all......got in trouble for it........got caught again.......got in trouble for it......got caught again......got in trouble for it.........got caught again......got suspended for 4 games.....  

Hey he has a "life" out side of football; a life where he likes to smoke the ganja and risk getting suspended for a 3rd of the season.  What a freaking idiot......  I don't want to see another tweet from this "twit".  Just shut up and be ready to go when his suspension is over.  Thank GOD we drafted Leonard Williams; he is going to get plenty of action now. 

I like how it becomes the "no big deal" crowd's fault that they assumed "family commitment" meant "family commitment", while the "flip out about everything like a bunch of pathetic ninnies" crowd gets to act like they knew it all along, when really: hindsight.

It sucks he got suspended. 

It sucks more that you're insecure enough to want to bump this and take credit for it in some odd way.

I like how it becomes the "no big deal" crowd's fault that they assumed "family commitment" meant "family commitment", while the "flip out about everything like a bunch of pathetic ninnies" crowd gets to act like they knew it all along, when really: hindsight.

It sucks he got suspended. 

It sucks more that you're insecure enough to want to bump this and take credit for it in some odd way.

don't be so butt hurt - you are wrong on almost everything

your butt gotta be used to it by now?

Hey he has a "life" out side of football; a life where he likes to smoke the ganja and risk getting suspended for a 3rd of the season.  What a freaking idiot......  I don't want to see another tweet from this "twit".  Just shut up and be ready to go when his suspension is over.  Thank GOD we drafted Leonard Williams; he is going to get plenty of action now. 

and Snacks

don't be so butt hurt - you are wrong on almost everything

your butt gotta be used to it by now?

The trends for people pointing out things they think I'm wrong about always include them self-high-fiving in hindsight, so rather than having been right, they just revel in having gotten lucky that reasonable logic didn't prevail, and then there's always an immediate jump to some ******* weird ass homosexual insinuation.

I'd rather have been reasonable from the beginning that a loon who thinks he wins the day and celebrating with inadvertent tells about being a closet case.

Archived