OTA Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seemed to remeber that Chan had said that it was unlikely that Geno would loose the job in training camp and that he would probably be the day 1 starter (after being forced to give a guess).  That is completely different than a guarantee.  I seemed to remember that Seattle thought that they know who the starter was going to be before Wilson was lights out.

I would imagine Chan would prefer to know what QB will be starting sooner than later (as he supposedly customizes his offense to the players), but if Fitz is healthy and Geno stinks up the joint, I would imagine that Fitz will start.  Or, if Geno starts and stinks up the the joint, he will likely sit.

I think there was a large amount of overreacting from the fans and mostly the media (who love controversy btw).

Exactly, Geno has to play well; if he doesn't Fitz is starter.  Pretty simple really. 

Fitz should go into training camp as the #1. Geno should have to blow him away in order to unseat him. Fitz is average, with a chance to play above average in this system, with the talent we have. Geno's ceiling is below average, that's if he improves.

Bowles was obviously responding the dramatic reaction many in the fan base had re: Chan's statements.  Does anyone really think Gailey said what he said without Bowles being on board?  Sorry guys...  Geno is still going to be the starter.  Carry on.

We don't but luckily all we need is an average QB with this roster to make the playoffs.  Anything beyond a WC berth we still need the QB.

Totally.  An average Qb who's never sniffed the playoffs is going to be our conquering hero.  

It's so tasty!  Cant wait.

Totally.  An average Qb who's never sniffed the playoffs is going to be our conquering hero.  

It's so tasty!  Cant wait.

Correct.  Because he's actually not terrible and stuff.  Whereas our last 2 QB's are actually terrible and still the franchise won some games.  9 in 2009, 11 in 2011, 8 in 2012, and 8 in 2013. 

Fitz should go into training camp as the #1. Geno should have to blow him away in order to unseat him. Fitz is average, with a chance to play above average in this system, with the talent we have. Geno's ceiling is below average, that's if he improves.

No one should care who goes into camp as the #1, all that matters is who goes into Week 1 of the regular season as the starter. The Jets are rightfully giving the kid some confidence to see what he will do with the #1 tag and will bench him if he plays poorly/worse than Fitz. Bowles has zero attachment to Geno so he won't just hand him the keys to the team if he doesn't deserve. Whoever is named #1 today is meaningless and only gets SOJF's panties up in a bunch. 

Eric Allen @eallenjets    ·  2 hours ago  

Bowles is a creative blitzer & he said today Geno has seen the whole blitz package in about a week & a half.
It is May 27th.

Eric Allen @eallenjets    ·  11 minutes ago

Jets stressing situational ball says @BigDame900. "When the season rolls around – there won’t be 1 situation
that we haven’t been through."

Geno is what he is at this point. Physically gifted with a two-cent head. He's already displaying the same problems he had last year. Not a single shred of improvement in the off-season. He can't make reads, can't go through progressions, makes dumb decisions with the football, and most of all doesn't really seem to care. He's already getting picked off at the goal-line in voluntary OTA's. Months before preseason even begins. When do we just admit that FItz is the better option and give him 1st-team reps?

Jets aren't going anywhere with Geno, no matter how good the defense is. Even if we manage to sneak into the playoffs, I seriously doubt we'd be able to beat any team with a halfway-decent offense, because Geno doesn't possess the ability to take over games or even game-manage successfully.

Was waiting for the first ignorant response to the Geno tweets.

Let's remember, Geno is learning a new offense, and Fitzpatrick knows Gailey's offense...

Carry on...

Archived