OTA Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

Geno needs to go... Almost 7 years of sh*tty QB play. Crazy part is its not like we absolutely NEED elite QB play because our roster is talented enough. Why can't a guy come in and just play decent?

You're blaming 7 years of shoddy QB play on Geno?

LOL

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly the NY Jets beat writers will do whatever they can to create a QB controversy. Whatever, so tired of the argument. I will just go with whatever the coaching staff decides.

BAM!!!!

You nailed it!

The agenda is already being spun, it's so blatantly obvious in their OTA tweets.

I love the old 'leaning' a new offense as a lame excuse for not executing a pass.  You call the play, you miss the pass or fail to make a read and you blame the playbook.  This is year 3, that shi* doesn't wash anymore.  If you can't handle it step aside son.

Amaro...Hands like feet. Ha

Fitz QB1

Petty, QB2

Revis vs. Marshall gonna be fun in August. Better rest Revis so Marshall can get some work.

I'm concerned about Amaro.

I mean, you can't block, but you caught over 100 balls but you have bad hands?

I just don't get it?

F*ck it! go 4 wide, he's just another WR anyway. Decker-Marshall-Kerley-Smith

Let's ROCK!

After 4 years of Sanchez and going into year 3 of Geno I think a lot of us have been more than patient. If Geno doesn't show substantial improvement this offseason he needs to sit down.

If thats the case then you have 31 other teams to choose from. 4 years of Sanchez has nothing to do with the patience needed for our current situation. Relax, it's May. Come back in August when its actually preseason. 

It's OTA's and a guy who was arguably the worst QB in the league the past 2 seasons is now going up against one of the best defensive lines in the league that just added possibly the best talent in the draft along with a revamped/reunited secondary that has a history of shutting down top QB's and he's working with a new offensive scheme. If you didnt expect something like this then thats on you. We went into the season with "Fitzpatrick" being the competition. This is what we get. 

If you cant get through the month of May then you might as well pick a new team. 

I love the old 'leaning' a new offense as a lame excuse for not executing a pass.  You call the play, you miss the pass or fail to make a read and you blame the playbook.  This is year 3, that shi* doesn't wash anymore.  If you can't handle it step aside son.

You can love it, hate it, and spin it all you and the other geno haters want to, but people are complaining about a 3rd year QB learning his second offense in May OTA's and killing him based on agenda driven media tweets.

I'm going to give the kid through training camp before I even think about freaking out...

You can love it, hate it, and spin it all you and the other geno haters want to, but people are complaining about a 3rd year QB learning his second offense in May OTA's and killing him based on agenda driven media tweets.

I'm going to give the kid through training camp before I even think about freaking out...

Yup. Some of the posters here seem like crazy women with PMS. They react to absolutely anything with hysterical over-reaction and absolute certainty that the sky is falling. One OTA does not amount to spit in the ocean.

I saw the one that Sudfeld and Cumberland were getting reps over him...but that's it...Was there more?

Not sure that means anything, could be a million reasons for that.

it's not even about the reps, The Jets are using 2 fields.  1st and 2nd teams are on one field, the scrubs and rookies are on another.  Amaro is with the scrubs and rookies.

Tt doesn't mean Amaro will be there on opening day, but it does mean something.  Perhaps a not so suttle message to amaro

I always thought that one of the reasons that Sanchez never seemed to improve during camp was because of the Revis Island factor shutting down half of the field. There were some days during training camp that he wouldn't even bother throwing the football his way so as not to be made to look bad. Geno Smith isn't even as good (or bad as it were) as Sanchez was back then and will be made to look just like most of us Geno haters have been saying all along; that he IS one of the worst quarterbacks in the league and by the time that September rolls around, there are going to a lot of people asking whether Geno Smith even deserves a roster spot on the 2015 Jets.

If thats the case then you have 31 other teams to choose from. 4 years of Sanchez has nothing to do with the patience needed for our current situation. Relax, it's May. Come back in August when its actually preseason. 

It's OTA's and a guy who was arguably the worst QB in the league the past 2 seasons is now going up against one of the best defensive lines in the league that just added possibly the best talent in the draft along with a revamped/reunited secondary that has a history of shutting down top QB's and he's working with a new offensive scheme. If you didnt expect something like this then thats on you. We went into the season with "Fitzpatrick" being the competition. This is what we get. 

If you cant get through the month of May then you might as well pick a new team. 

Problem is that two out of the starting 3 from last year's DL weren't there today 

Wilkerson wants a new deal, just like Dareus for the Bills. Sheldon was there yesterday.

Marquis Goodwin had a travel issue ????????????  and this is why he didn't make it today.  Chris Williams has missed all voluntary practices and it's not looking too good for him at this point.  Rex is really, well you know   :winking0001:

Its Rex, Worry about the Bills who show up to practice not the Jets who miss it. 

I am not too concerned because those who are slacking off may very well be cut.   It stongly appears that Chris Williams may be on the chopping board.  Both teams have players that have missed and I am not taking shots.  My thought??  The players (Jets and Bills) best  be careful.

I am not too concerned because those who are slacking off may very well be cut.   It stongly appears that Chris Williams may be on the chopping board.  Both teams have players that have missed and I am not taking shots.  My thought??  The players (Jets and Bills) but be careful.

If history is any predictor of the future,  Camp Rex is where the boy  scouts make smores and tell ghost stories not where players go to fear being cut. 

If history is any predictor of the future,  Camp Rex is where the boy  scouts make smores and tell ghost stories not where players go to fear being cut. 

IDK 56:  Based upon the news articles,  I think it would behoove Chirs Williams to get his act together and soon.  Our team, like yours,  is not just an exercise of plays learned last year.  It's a new day with new coaches and new plays.  The guys that have missed are behind and will cause a delay for other teams members as a result.

IDK 56: Based upon the news articles, I think it would behoove Chirs Williams to get his act together and soon. Our team, like yours, is not just an exercise of plays learned last year. It's a new day with new coaches and new plays. The guys that have missed are behind and will cause a delay for other teams members as a result.

Jeanie, is Rex taking the team to see Entourage tonight?

LOL - no news on that

He is, jeanie. They're all tweeting about it now. And supposedly your OTA practice was a disaster today, jeanie. Your offensive line is awful, and your five-man QB competition embarrassed themselves today, jeanie. The wheels are falling off already, Jeanie.

He is, jeanie. They're all tweeting about it now. And supposedly your OTA practice was a disaster today, jeanie. Your offensive line is awful, and your five-man QB competition embarrassed themselves today, jeanie. The wheels are falling off already, Jeanie.

Can you give me a link?

Can you give me a link?

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WKBW) - The Buffalo Bills got on to the field for the second straight day, and for the first time of 2015, the practice was made available to the media. The Bills kept the curtains drawn during the initial veteran minicamp and the first day of Organized Team Activities, but Wednesday was the first chance to see a Rex Ryan-led practice.

With no specification as to who will be the quarterback for the 2015 season, all eyes were on Matt Cassel, Tyrod Taylor, and EJ Manuel on the outdoor field of the ADPRO Sports Training Center.

What do you need to know from the day of work? Here are some observations from the practice:

1) Cassel wins the day

- Don't let the header of this observation mislead you -- the quarterback play on Wednesday was particularly uninspiring. Granted, it is only the second day of OTAs, and it's still May, so some rust needs to be shaken loose. However, if a winner had to be crowned based on the day of work, the honors would go to the veteran Matt Cassel. It wasn't a banner day by any means, and most the positivity came from the 7-on-7 work. However, Cassel gave his receivers a bit more of a chance than both Manuel and Taylor. Manuel was up and down, and head coach Rex Ryan said as much after the practice. Taylor was putting a bit too much loft on to his throws, and that put his receivers at a disadvantage. Both Manuel and Taylor were picked off at separate times in the practice, though Manuel's was more a product of the receiver falling down on the play. The way the practice was set up, Taylor and Manuel took the reps with the first-team offense, while Matt Cassel and Jeff Tuel worked with the second team. Taylor will once again work with the ones on Friday, and Manuel will be with the twos.

2) Graham trying safety on for size

- If you listened to the 1-on-1 interview with head coach Rex Ryan on the Bills Beat Podcast, you would have known about this before today, but in case you didn't, usual cornerback Corey Graham is playing a new position. Graham worked exclusively with the safeties on Wednesday, a switch from his role with the Bills in 2014. The Bills like his ability to trust his instincts, which lends itself quite well to that position. As cornerbacks get older and a bit slower, there is a natural transition for some to the safety spot. The Bills aren't ruling out Graham playing cornerback by any means, but they want him to get as much time at safety as they can. Graham could challenge Duke Williams for a starting job there, or he could even be the nickel corner for Rex Ryan's defense.

3) First-team offensive line for the day

- The Bills are making no mistake about it: all five positions of the offensive line are up for grabs. So for the first time that they were available to be seen by the media, the offensive line had the following look, from left to right: Cordy Glenn, Richie Incognito, Eric Wood, John Miller, and Cyrus Kouandjio. Now, Seantrel Henderson did mix in at right tackle at times during the team work, but Kouandjio got the majority of reps. This will continue to change as the spring and summer continues, because the Bills are attempting to find the best five players to make up the offensive line. The two most interesting names were Miller, the rookie, and Kouandjio, the former second-round pick. With Chris Williams nowhere to be found, Miller has a big opportunity to grab a hold of a starting position. However, as we saw early on last year during OTAs with Cyrus Kounadjio, getting first-team reps early on isn't necessarily a predictor of the future.

4) Darby ups and downs

- Just as it was during rookie minicamp, second-round pick Ronald Darby was getting chirped at all day long by his positional coach, Donnie Henderson. At this point, Darby is raw and the Bills don't need him to be an immediate contributor, which gives Henderson the keys to work with him as he sees fit. The one thing the coach was harping on during rookie minicamp focused on him getting his head around to find the ball and make a play, rather than face-guarding like he grew accustomed to at Florida State. Darby showed a bit of progress, getting his head around and rising up to make a very impressive interception on a Tyrod Taylor deep ball in the end zone. Unfortunately, he followed that up in 7-on-7s with a few blown assignments, which kept the chirping from Henderson coming. It's early, but he's a work in progress that the Bills will try to perfect before he ever sees the light of day in the lineup.

5) No McCoy, trio of wideouts suffer injuries

- The surprising absence of the day was starting running back LeSean McCoy, who is dealing with a minor neck ailment. The Bills didn't want to force the issue and only had him work with the trainers along the side. After having an offseason procedure, safety Aaron Williams and cornerback Stephon Gilmore did not participate in the day of work. Wide receiver Sammy Watkins was able to participate on a limited basis, only getting in the mix during individual drills. He was taking 'mental reps,' getting right near the huddle to see and hear all the calls of the first-team offense. Receivers Marcus Thigpen, Dez Lewis, and Tobais Palmer all had minor injuries that prevented them from finishing practice.

Archived