OTA Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read a comment from Colon that's there's more accountability under Bowles than Rex.  This doesn't look too good

That's what we have been telling you all along.  No malice to the Bills, but with Rex as HC, you are fcked.  Country club atmosphere, no accountability, no discipline, poorly organized, poor overall game preparation because he does not even inquire what the offense plans or Special Teams.  But worst of all, and this hasn't been mentioned much, absolutely terrible at getting his coaching staff to develop young players... worst player development I have ever seen on the Jets in the 47 years I have been following.  

Do you think everyone has been telling you things because of sour grapes?  Rid yourself of that idea.  We speak the truth.  SO enjoy Rex while the shiny new luster is still fresh.  2 years from now you will be lobbying for his replacement.

He is, jeanie. They're all tweeting about it now. And supposedly your OTA practice was a disaster today, jeanie. Your offensive line is awful, and your five-man QB competition embarrassed themselves today, jeanie. The wheels are falling off already, Jeanie.

Jeanie has the power to single-handedly convert Rex into a great HC.  Wishing can make it come true you know.

I-Dream-of-Jeannie2.jpg

God, I hope so.

And no, you haven't.

C'mon Thor.  That 12 year old on Bleacher Report wrote a really sound analytical piece on Taylor this week, talking about how big of an upgrade he is.  Pretty sure Pac posted the thread about it.

C'mon Thor.  That 12 year old on Bleacher Report wrote a really sound analytical piece on Taylor this week, talking about how big of an upgrade he is.  Pretty sure Pac posted the thread about it.

Damn, I can't keep track of all the crazy on this board.

You're right, the written word is that it's not mandatory but in reality,  I think it is.  This is why coaches like Bowles and Rex seem frustrated.    

The HC's can be frustrated as much as they want but it's voluntary and does not reflect on their ability or focus to hold players accountable.

You're right, the written word is that it's not mandatory but in reality,  I think it is.  This is why coaches like Bowles and Rex seem frustrated.    

Actually Bowles doesn't sound frustrated one bit, he genuinely respects their decision to not attend every single session and doesn't hold a grudge, he doesn't take it personal.

Actually Bowles doesn't sound frustrated one bit, he genuinely respects their decision to not attend every single session and doesn't hold a grudge, he doesn't take it personal.

Nor should he plus it gives younger players reps and gives him more time to evaluate them..

Yup. Some of the posters here seem like crazy women with PMS. They react to absolutely anything with hysterical over-reaction and absolute certainty that the sky is falling. One OTA does not amount to spit in the ocean.

Yeah it does mean something when you have had sheer and utter garbage Qbing for a long long time.  What you want to hear is this.  'Geno Smith looked Sharp and composed and looks like he has taken a step forward.'  Instead we hear the same thing we have heard about our QBs for 6 or 7 years.  'The Qb looks shaky, made a bad read, threw a poor pass etc.'

That's what we have been telling you all along.  No malice to the Bills, but with Rex as HC, you are fcked.  Country club atmosphere, no accountability, no discipline, poorly organized, poor overall game preparation because he does not even inquire what the offense plans or Special Teams.  But worst of all, and this hasn't been mentioned much, absolutely terrible at getting his coaching staff to develop young players... worst player development I have ever seen on the Jets in the 47 years I have been following.  

Do you think everyone has been telling you things because of sour grapes?  Rid yourself of that idea.  We speak the truth.  SO enjoy Rex while the shiny new luster is still fresh.  2 years from now you will be lobbying for his replacement.

Really so how did he manage to go 8-8 just 2 yrs ago with a General Manager that sabotaged him ..? And if my memory serves me correct The Jets were not terrible last years yes they lost but a couple of those was on Geno and Marty. Everyone (including me) and the media all praise the marty hiring, he was a damn bust. Didn't Rex bring in Tom Moore a few years back to help the offense, lead the league in redzone TD's but still was in top 3 or in INT's ?  What about the now hated Santonio Holmes, worst jets signing blah blah didn't he win the Jets what 3-4 games a few years ago damn near by himself...? So we can spin this any way you want. I am a Rex supporter been lurking for years on Jetsinsider before the switch, (now i am here and The Bills forum )its funny how we try and rewrite history. Its fine not to like Rex any more but man...!!!! The hate is real from some of yall.  Here are some facts Rex only had 2 losing seasons with the Jets correct ?

Let's compare REX to the other "Jets" coaches

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/12/29/7459667/comparing-rex-ryans-tenure-to-other-nyj-coaches

The 8 coaches to make the playoffs In Jets history have coached a total of 25 postseason games. Rex Ryan has coached the most overall, a total of six playoff games. Herm Edwards is next with 5 playoff appearances while Walt Michaels places third with 4. Ewbank and Walton have only 3 to their credit. Parcells only had two appearances.

Percentage wise: Rex accounts for just under a quarter of Jet playoff appearances and is the only coach to average a playoff game per season average.

Rex is tied with Ewbank for the best in team history with a .666 playoff winning percentage in playoff games. Walt Michaels and Parcells are the only other coaches who have a non-losing  percentages in the playoffs. Both men have gone .500 in postseason play.   In total, The Jets have won 12 of 25 playoff games. Rex Ryan accounts for 33% of Jets playoff victories, winning 4 in his tenure. Herm Edwards, Parcells, and Ewbank all have won two playoff games.

"Playoff wins divided by seasons coached" reveals another interesting factoid. Rex's 4 wins in six seasons are good for a .666 percentage. That averages out to two playoff wins every three years. No coach in Jets history has better than one playoff win per three year percentage.

Rex also holds the record for AFC championship appearances with two trips to the Semifinal. Only Parcells, Michaels and Ewbank have made that game. Of course Ewbank is the only coach to win the AFC championship game.

Summation: Rex Ryan was amongst the most successful playoff coaches in Jets history. He appeared in the most postseason games, tied for best winning percentage, and won the most games. His playoff appearance per season is the best in team history.

How did Sean P with that HOF QB do the last couple of years..?

How come anyone isn't calling Sean a glorified OC now

How about the mediocre Jeff Fisher which everyone in the NFL loves but he can't get to 8-8 even when Seahawks and Cardinals didn't have a QB

How about Jack Del Rio real serious coach the anti-rex how was his coaching ..lol

Again its fine to have cooled on Rex, but some of yall are way overboard, now Todd Bowles is the greatest coach ever.

Todd has now been given a team much better than Any i have seen over what 7 yrs so we should be expecting playoffs right ? Since everything was Rex's fault 

Really so how did he manage to go 8-8 just 2 yrs ago with a General Manager that sabotaged him ..? And if my memory serves me correct The Jets were not terrible last years yes they lost but a couple of those was on Geno and Marty. Everyone (including me) and the media all praise the marty hiring, he was a damn bust. Didn't Rex bring in Tom Moore a few years back to help the offense, lead the league in redzone TD's but still was in top 3 or in INT's ? What about the now hated Santonio Holmes, worst jets signing blah blah didn't he win the Jets what 3-4 games a few years ago damn near by himself...? So we can spin this any way you want. I am a Rex supporter been lurking for years on Jetsinsider before the switch, (now i am here and The Bills forum )its funny how we try and rewrite history. Its fine not to like Rex any more but man...!!!! The hate is real from some of yall. Here are some facts Rex only had 2 losing seasons with the Jets correct ?

Let's compare REX to the other "Jets" coaches

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/12/29/7459667/comparing-rex-ryans-tenure-to-other-nyj-coaches

The 8 coaches to make the playoffs In Jets history have coached a total of 25 postseason games. Rex Ryan has coached the most overall, a total of six playoff games. Herm Edwards is next with 5 playoff appearances while Walt Michaels places third with 4. Ewbank and Walton have only 3 to their credit. Parcells only had two appearances.

Percentage wise: Rex accounts for just under a quarter of Jet playoff appearances and is the only coach to average a playoff game per season average.

Rex is tied with Ewbank for the best in team history with a .666 playoff winning percentage in playoff games. Walt Michaels and Parcells are the only other coaches who have a non-losing percentages in the playoffs. Both men have gone .500 in postseason play. In total, The Jets have won 12 of 25 playoff games. Rex Ryan accounts for 33% of Jets playoff victories, winning 4 in his tenure. Herm Edwards, Parcells, and Ewbank all have won two playoff games.

"Playoff wins divided by seasons coached" reveals another interesting factoid. Rex's 4 wins in six seasons are good for a .666 percentage. That averages out to two playoff wins every three years. No coach in Jets history has better than one playoff win per three year percentage.

Rex also holds the record for AFC championship appearances with two trips to the Semifinal. Only Parcells, Michaels and Ewbank have made that game. Of course Ewbank is the only coach to win the AFC championship game.

Summation: Rex Ryan was amongst the most successful playoff coaches in Jets history. He appeared in the most postseason games, tied for best winning percentage, and won the most games. His playoff appearance per season is the best in team history.

RexFanNation

Your opinion on the greatness of a losing coach is neither honest nor dishonest. It's misguided and counter-factual, also a bit sickening.

The stats those are a fact.

Rex leaving the Jets with a losing record Fact.

Misguided & counterfactual in what way, elaborate please .Use that brain for something other than snarky comments

What's sicking is having another man as your Avi.

Archived