Idzik found a new job

DaBallhawk

Little bit of coffee, little bit of bagels, little bit of clean my desk. Figures the only team willing to hire him was the one that sucked even more than we did last year.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/05/ex-jets_general_manager_john_idzik_hired_for_full-.html

Idzik will be the Jaguars' special assistant to the general manager, according to a report from Ryan O'Halloran of The Florida Times-Union. Idzik will work under GM Dave Caldwell, who had hired Idzik earlier this offseason for a consulting/advisor job.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's ironic is from all reports back from two years ago Caldwell was the guy the Jets wanted but he turned them down due to Rex being forced on him.  He's probably telling Idzik I told you so.  We're better off anyway Caldwell inherited a mess with the Jags but he hasn't done much to impress me with that team either.

Hmmm....he was with them during the draft, saw him in the war room coverage. Maybe he was a cosultant then

"So John, what do you think, who would you pick here at #3?"

"I really think you guys could need some receivers. Kevin White is my guy, he's a stud. No brainer."

"Alright, I appreciate your input, John. Can you hand in our card?"

"With the 3rd pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select...Dante Fowler Jr, Defensive End, Florida."

Jets fan: I'll have an omelette.

Chef Idzik: OK, I'll have to break a few eggs.

Jets fan: WHAT WHY

Woody: I think it's best if we, uh, don't break this one egg over here...

Chef Idzik: That egg sucks.

Jets fan: DON'T BREAK THAT EGG. IT TASTED GOOD IN 2009.

Chef Idzik: It sucks now.

Woody: I'd rather not break the egg, John.

What would be hilarious is if Stephen Hill turns into a machine in Carolina, Geno steadily improves, Shaq Evans turns into a weapon and McDougal and Milliner impress big in the secondary.  Idzik gets known in the league as the prophet without honor.

What would be hilarious is if Stephen Hill turns into a machine in Carolina, Geno steadily improves, Shaq Evans turns into a weapon and McDougal and Milliner impress big in the secondary.  Idzik gets known in the league as the prophet without honor.

Hill wasn't Idziks pick.

sounds like george costanza assitant to the travel secretary 

he was terrible -the sad thing is there were MANY that said he knows what he is doing , has a plan blah blah blah when it was very apparent he was in way over his head and had no clue what he was doing-I loved those that tried to force the theory upon us that he was a key figure in the Seattle team and built it when he was nothing more than a cap guy and not their gm

right away you can tell our current GM is way better suited for the job-he improved our team tremendously -

Hmmm....he was with them during the draft, saw him in the war room coverage. Maybe he was a cosultant then

He was working as an intern.  If any of their draft picks don't pan out, Caldwell can always blame it on Idziot's 'suggestions'.

I hadn't really realized before but... you're something of a romantic, aren't you?

Charlie: YEAH, I LIED TO YOU, alright!? Look. The girl– she wears a Lance Armstrong bracelet. Okay? So I tell you that I have cancer, right? Then you’re gonna tell her, she’s gonna feel sorry for me, we’re gonna start dating, and THAT’S THE WAY THAT LIFE WORKS, MAN!!!

Dennis: THAT WAS A HORRIBLE THING TO DO!!

Charlie: Well, I’m a bad guy then.

Dennis: You are a bad guy! You lied to us.

Charlie: Alright, look at this. Sometimes you gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet.

Dennis: You gotta crack a couple of eggs to make an omelet?

Charlie: You gotta crack an egg.

Dennis: So you’re throwing down life lessons now?

Charlie: I’m throwin’ down eggs!

Dennis: Class is in session! The teacher’s teachin’ class now!

Charlie: I’m crackin’ eggs of wisdom!

How did an unbroken egg taste good in 2009? Makes no sense

I think Idzik was much better than people give him credit for, we did draft Richardson with Idzik here and I still have faith that our rookies from last year are going to look pretty good this year. No one can deny that he fixed our salary cap situation as it was ugly when he came in. Unfortunately for him we had a string of injuries at a pivotal position last year and the CB he picked up in free agency ended up being a bit screwy and just kind of decided he didn't want to honor the contract he signed and not show up, I don't think he could have predicted that our entire CB roster would get injured last year and honestly a lot of our games were still close even with players playing out of position. I can't complain because I actually really like Mac but I really do wish Idzik the best and I still don't feel he deserved the trashy treatment that certain Jets fans gave him last year.

I think Idzik was much better than people give him credit for, we did draft Richardson with Idzik here and I still have faith that our rookies from last year are going to look pretty good this year. No one can deny that he fixed our salary cap situation as it was ugly when he came in. Unfortunately for him we had a string of injuries at a pivotal position last year and the CB he picked up in free agency ended up being a bit screwy and just kind of decided he didn't want to honor the contract he signed and not show up, I don't think he could have predicted that our entire CB roster would get injured last year and honestly a lot of our games were still close even with players playing out of position. I can't complain because I actually really like Mac but I really do wish Idzik the best and I still don't feel he deserved the trashy treatment that certain Jets fans gave him last year.

uhhhhhh

11LWFP3gzyzKxy.gif

Sweet Moses!!  :screwy:

Bad GM. good man. On the bright side, without his ascetism we wouldn't have had all the cap money to put together a talented roster in 2015.

The guy cleared the cap by executing cuts that Tanny already had lined up in place.  He just basically pushed the button.  His ascetism only served to allow us to suck horribly last season. 

No one can deny that he fixed our salary cap situation as it was ugly when he came in. Unfortunately for him we had a string of injuries at a pivotal position last year and the CB he picked up in free agency ended up being a bit screwy and just kind of decided he didn't want to honor the contract he signed and not show up, I don't think he could have predicted that our entire CB roster would get injured last year and honestly a lot of our games were still close even with players playing out of position. I can't complain because I actually really like Mac but I really do wish Idzik the best and I still don't feel he deserved the trashy treatment that certain Jets fans gave him last year. uhhhhhh

No he did not.  Tannenbaum structured all the verteran contracts to come due in Idzik's second year.  He made his last push with Sanchez and put us right up against the cap as much as he could to help, but he setup 2013 as the bailout year to be able to clear the space.  Idzik just pushed the button on what was already in place.  He did nothing creative at all to get us under the cap like that.  Tannenbaum was an idiot as a personnel guy, but he was a genius with contracts and salary caps.  He knew exactly what he was doing setting us up for that.  Idzik did nothing good here.  He had terrible drafts, terrible FA's, and did nothing cap wise.  Not to mention he was atrocious with the media, spent 30 minutes on an ad hoc mumbly rambling mid year presser that was cringeworthy.  I did not like Tanny as a GM, but I'll be damned seeing Idzik getting credit for something he didn't do.

No he did not. Tannenbaum structured all the verteran contracts to come due in Idzik's second year. He made his last push with Sanchez and put us right up against the cap as much as he could to help, but he setup 2013 as the bailout year to be able to clear the space. Idzik just pushed the button on what was already in place. He did nothing creative at all to get us under the cap like that. Tannenbaum was an idiot as a personnel guy, but he was a genius with contracts and salary caps. He knew exactly what he was doing setting us up for that. Idzik did nothing good here. He had terrible drafts, terrible FA's, and did nothing cap wise. Not to mention he was atrocious with the media, spent 30 minutes on an ad hoc mumbly rambling mid year presser that was cringeworthy. I did not like Tanny as a GM, but I'll be damned seeing Idzik getting credit for something he didn't do.

Thank you!! No one seems to get that it was Tannenbaum who fixed our cap not idzick. The only good thing idzick did was not spend the money we had so our next gm could put it to use.

Thank you!! No one seems to get that it was Tannenbaum who fixed our cap not idzick. The only good thing idzick did was not spend the money we had so our next gm could put it to use.

Ahh. So the guy who put us in cap hell to begin with actually fixed it two years after he was fired. I get it now. Wow. I guess I underestimated Tanny.

Remember when you said firing Idzik would make the Jets GM position a job that no one worth anything would want?

Good times.

Archived