Matt Simms Released

CrazyCarl40

This guy Bowles doesn't get it, this is a great indicator. So you're going to tell me that Simms isnt better than Geno?!? Is that what the Jets are saying? They'll never learn. Has he seen the game tape? I seened it.

You've seened it? I think you must have misremembered.  Simms isn't better than Geno, but Geno is worse than Simms. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was absolutely, complete BULLsh*t.

Did anyone see this guy in preseason last year? He killed it!!! Much better than Geno, any day of the week. He has to have a top-five arm in the NFL, no doubt.

Can't believe we released this guy and Kyle Wilson in the same offseason. Both were absolute beasts.

This thread should be way more dramatic by now.

I think you spoke too soon.  I'll miss Matt Simms, if only because we will no longer get comedy like this:

Maccags just cut our best QB.  "Wonderful!"

And good mobility.  And is decisive.  And has outstanding pedigree. 

I wish him well.  Cutting the best QB on our roster is such a SOJ move. 

This was absolutely, complete BULLsh*t.

Did anyone see this guy in preseason last year? He killed it!!! Much better than Geno, any day of the week. He has to have a top-five arm in the NFL, no doubt.

Can't believe we released this guy and Kyle Wilson in the same offseason. Both were absolute beasts.

Maybe because it's true?

Do you not remember Revis? DANNY F'ING WOODHEAD?!?!?!

Matt Simms could easily sign w the Pats. Belichck certainly knows his father and the pats will need a backup w Brady suspended. On top of that he can give some inside scoop on the jets. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a patriot.

Matt Simms could easily sign w the Pats. Belichck certainly knows his father and the pats will need a backup w Brady suspended. On top of that he can give some inside scoop on the jets. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a patriot.

Ya and he'll prolly take over for Brady and win 3 CLEAN Super Bowls same old jets

Those guys benched Phil for Jeff Hostetler.  What insight is he going to give on the Jets.  He didn't master Mornhinweg's offense.  He is going to be able to give a complete break down Gailey's with a week's worth of OTAs?

Maybe because it's true?

Do you not remember Revis? DANNY F'ING WOODHEAD?!?!?!

Actually its not true, its a guess by the obsessed.  Just because we've cut one player over the past 5 years that you remember signed with the Pats every roster move is met with the same "he'll be singed by the Pats" nonsense.

And for the record, Tebow never got a fair shake in NY. He deserved more success here.

You're 100% right.

If you ignore the fact that he sucked in every practice, was so horrible coaches couldnt believe how horrible he actually was.  Thats from Westy.

That he was put in games and every play he ran blew up outside of the fake kick.

And of course after we dumped him he succeeded afterwards, proving your point, he should have been given more plays. He deserved it.

Yeah, he coud give up all that inside info he picked up in his 2 OTA's.  

But but he is Phil's son!.....good riddance he sucked.

This story from 2011 is now even funnier in hindsight.  I remember when this story came out people said "OH WELL ANY DAD WOULD DO THAT."  No, they don't.  But Phil Simms did.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Phil-Simms-threatens-Desmond-Howard-at-NFL-Exper?urn=nfl-317316

Phil Simms threatens Desmond Howard at NFL Experience

By Doug Farrar

Apparently, there's one thing you don't want to do if you're going to be anywhere near former New York Giants quarterback and current CBS analyst Phil Simms, and that's to cast aspersions on the playing abilities of his son Matt, who's currently the quarterback at Tennessee. Ex-NFL punt return ace Desmond Howard did so last season in his role as an analyst on ESPN's College Gameday show, and this led to a little go-round between the two former Super Bowl MVPs at the NFL Experience event down in Dallas.

From Howard's Twitter account:

At NFL-Xperience and Phil Simms just threatened 2 hit me b/c I said his son was 1 of the worse QBs in the SEC. I told him "LET'S GO!"less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterget-attachment.aspx_normal.jpgDesmond Howard

desmond_howard

I am DEAD serious about the Phil Simms thing. We all thought he was joking, but he kept going and said he wanted 2 take a swing at me!!less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterget-attachment.aspx_normal.jpgDesmond Howard

desmond_howard

During the season we talked about the Tenn v LSU game and I said "u will see 3 of the worse QBs in the SEC" That's what Phil did not like.less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterget-attachment.aspx_normal.jpgDesmond Howard

desmond_howard

It ended w/police stepping in between so I could continue my appearance w/fans.less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterget-attachment.aspx_normal.jpgDesmond Howard

desmond_howard

Two things come to mind here. First of all, while it may be natural for Simms to get a bit lit up when people call his son a sub-par player, he needs to understand that in his role as the most highly-regarded color NFL announcer on a major network (an appeal that has always mystified me; Simms gets as much stuff wrong during a telecast as anyone you'll see), he has an obligation to at least give the appearance of professionalism in public settings.

Second, Howard has every right to say whatever he wants about Simms' performance in his capacity as an analyst, and in this case, the younger Simms hasn't exactly set the NCAA on fire. A junior college transfer, Simms threw 113 completions in 195 attempts for 1,460 yards, eight touchdowns, and five interceptions. Not horrible numbers, but he wasn't going to make anyone forget Greg McElroy or Cam Newton. If Howard had said something about Matt Simms that was more personal in nature, especially if it was something libelous, it would be easier to understand. But in this case, and until we hear his side of the story, Simms comes off as a goofball and a fake bully.

And having said all that, I'd better hope Simms doesn't show up at the scouting combine in three weeks and threaten to beat me up. Howard's just lucky Simms didn't have his friend Paulie Walnuts (pictured above) with him at the time!

You're 100% right.

If you ignore the fact that he sucked in every practice, was so horrible coaches couldnt believe how horrible he actually was.  Thats from Westy.

That he was put in games and every play he ran blew up outside of the fake kick.

And of course after we dumped him he succeeded afterwards, proving your point, he should have been given more plays. He deserved it.

I swear I typed this 10 minutes ago, but I wish that we'd had Tahj Boyd in camp with Tebow.  That would have been a battle!

This story from 2011 is now even funnier in hindsight.  I remember when this story came out people said "OH WELL ANY DAD WOULD DO THAT."  No, they don't.  But Phil Simms did.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Phil-Simms-threatens-Desmond-Howard-at-NFL-Exper?urn=nfl-317316

Phil Simms threatens Desmond Howard at NFL Experience

By Doug Farrar

Apparently, there's one thing you don't want to do if you're going to be anywhere near former New York Giants quarterback and current CBS analyst Phil Simms, and that's to cast aspersions on the playing abilities of his son Matt, who's currently the quarterback at Tennessee. Ex-NFL punt return ace Desmond Howard did so last season in his role as an analyst on ESPN's College Gameday show, and this led to a little go-round between the two former Super Bowl MVPs at the NFL Experience event down in Dallas.

From Howard's Twitter account:

At NFL-Xperience and Phil Simms just threatened 2 hit me b/c I said his son was 1 of the worse QBs in the SEC. I told him "LET'S GO!"less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterget-attachment.aspx_normal.jpgDesmond Howard

desmond_howard

I am DEAD serious about the Phil Simms thing. We all thought he was joking, but he kept going and said he wanted 2 take a swing at me!!less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterget-attachment.aspx_normal.jpgDesmond Howard

desmond_howard

During the season we talked about the Tenn v LSU game and I said "u will see 3 of the worse QBs in the SEC" That's what Phil did not like.less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterget-attachment.aspx_normal.jpgDesmond Howard

desmond_howard

It ended w/police stepping in between so I could continue my appearance w/fans.less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterget-attachment.aspx_normal.jpgDesmond Howard

desmond_howard

Two things come to mind here. First of all, while it may be natural for Simms to get a bit lit up when people call his son a sub-par player, he needs to understand that in his role as the most highly-regarded color NFL announcer on a major network (an appeal that has always mystified me; Simms gets as much stuff wrong during a telecast as anyone you'll see), he has an obligation to at least give the appearance of professionalism in public settings.

Second, Howard has every right to say whatever he wants about Simms' performance in his capacity as an analyst, and in this case, the younger Simms hasn't exactly set the NCAA on fire. A junior college transfer, Simms threw 113 completions in 195 attempts for 1,460 yards, eight touchdowns, and five interceptions. Not horrible numbers, but he wasn't going to make anyone forget Greg McElroy or Cam Newton. If Howard had said something about Matt Simms that was more personal in nature, especially if it was something libelous, it would be easier to understand. But in this case, and until we hear his side of the story, Simms comes off as a goofball and a fake bully.

And having said all that, I'd better hope Simms doesn't show up at the scouting combine in three weeks and threaten to beat me up. Howard's just lucky Simms didn't have his friend Paulie Walnuts (pictured above) with him at the time!

If only Howard could have typed worst instead of worse...

Archived