Rex at it again! Needs to sit down w/ Oprah and Dr. Phil.

32EBoozer

No, that comment as actually about Casserly reporting about Tom Brady having 3 broken ribs. But, do go on

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/04/belichick-whos-been-been-wrong-more-than-charlie-casserly/

So was my comment that Casserly was right, but do go on.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has played the last several games with three broken ribs, CBS Sports reported Sunday.

Belichick is bitter because Casserly called him out on Spygate and his bogus injury reports, but do go on.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't stand this guy. AT ALL.

I now understand why the rest of the league hated the Jets over the last five years and called them a circus. Rex is the biggest loud-mouthed clown I've ever seen. He does nothing but talk sh*t and embarass his respective organization. How long is it going to be until Rex guarantees a Super Bowl for Buffalo? What's the over/under, 5 days into training camp?

Zero reason for a new Rex bashing thread when this one is alive and well.

Zero reason for a new Rex bashing thread when this one is alive and well.

Been thinking the same thing.

When I started the thread it was more of a joke as to how much attention and "Love" Rex needs that's why I said he needs to talk to Oprah and Dr. Phil.

The main benefit of it however is that it has kept "Jeanie" in her bottle on this thread. It's like an asylum for Buffalo Bills fans.

There are a few issues.  Apparently Rex can be very persuasive.  We needed a strong personnel guy that would be able to say no.  No to the Scotty McKnights and Tahj Boyds of the world. 

There is also the problem with what I said about discipline.  Players and coaches will follow and respect you if what you tell them to do works.  A 250 lb ILB will keep taking on a 300 lb OG if the O is getting 2 ypc.  That doesn't work when the plays don't work.  That means Rex is going to have trouble gaining the respect of the O.  I don't think he had much choice but to love/live with Sanchez.  The proof of how bad things were was that I lamented the Tebow thing as much because we lost Drew Stanton as anything else.  I thought Stanton was the perfect crappy QB to compete with Sanchez.  Sparano was such an abomination it hardly would have mattered.

To Rexs credt on discipline, very few Jet players got in trouble. Edwards dui and Santonio Holmes being himself but overall I expected much worse.

Rex was too loyal to Sanchez and should have had a plan B seasoned Vet approach if he didn't pan out.

They absolutely love him in Buffalo right now. For a team in desperate need of rejuvenating their fan base he's a great fit. Granted this only lasts for an offseason but it gives them a lift before the wins and losses are accounted for.

Really same for any first year HC I guess. Rex takes it to a whole other level of excitement for a depressed fan base like Jets and Bills though.

Like the NFLs version of Tony Robbins.

Buffalo is the perfect fit for a guy like Rex. Full of tough guys, Blue collar, a beer swilling/ wing eating disrespected town with Canada just across the falls thinking theyre better than them.

They absolutely love him in Buffalo right now. For a team in desperate need of rejuvenating their fan base he's a great fit. Granted this only lasts for an offseason but it gives them a lift before the wins and losses are accounted for.

Really same for any first year HC I guess. Rex takes it to a whole other level of excitement for a depressed fan base like Jets and Bills though.

lol you really think the jets fanbase was depressed at the time he came over ?

I think the discipline thing is overblown because it's such an easy knock on Rex. It's not like hard asses win and players' coaches lose. In the league today, there are probably more coaches on the player friendly side. The disciplinarian act gets old real fast if -as Dom is saying- the coach doesn't put the players in position to be successful on the field. Respect from the players comes from their faith in the coach's abilities, not from that coach's ability to crack the whip.

Rex's real failure was never developing into a complete head coach. Seeing what's going on in Buffalo, it looks like nothing has changed in that respect. I don't think he should've taken that job, but I guess he had 26.5M reasons to ignore my advice.

Keep that complaint warm, because your brand new head coach took one look at the CBs Rex had to work with last year and signed the gold-plated CBs Rex had a couple years before. Plus a new (hopefully better) slot guy. It's not just Rex, CB is a critical position in today's NFL.

And as Parcells used to say, you are what your record says you are. You make your own luck, you create your own opportunities. He coached his ass off in 2013 and won more games than the talent he had to work with ever should've. There are plenty of valid criticisms of Rex, but the coaching job he did in 2013 is tough to criticize.

If you're putting "hard asses" on one end of the spectrum and "player's coaches" on the other end, Rex falls entirely off the "player's coach" end. The wherewithal to properly apply discipline is the crux of all leadership. When you're in charge of 53 millionaire football players and 15 assistant coaches, it becomes even more central to your success.

How do you know that he had no interest in coming to the Jets?

1) we didn't have the cap room

2) broncos had a way better roster than we did

3) why would he want to play in Eli's shadow in Ny especially after he just won his second SB

We do have a shot at Peyton next year after the broncos cut him because it will only take a 1-year deal to get him and our roster in its current form is stacked.

3) why would he want to play in Eli's shadow in Ny especially after he just won his second SB

We do have a shot at Peyton next year after the broncos cut him because it will only take a 1-year deal to get him and our roster in its current form is stacked.

With his arm shot, Peyton would be nothing but a rich man's Pennington at this point.

Which is still better than Geno.

Not a big fan of his personality, but I am a big fan of his defense. I like him as a coach, but it is tough to have a head man that needs so much handholding and Woody never put the structure in place to do it. Unfortunately, (for the Bills and Rex, not us) it does not look like the Bills have either.

Agree, his personality rules his coaching abilities. He does to much with Rex the character in mind. I don't think you can handhold a HC, he has to be in charge and his own man, kind of the definition of the job. You can get him to shut his mouth but then whenever he talks publicly he lets all know that this isn't him throughmevery means possible.

Good to see he's back to his old ways, predicting playoffs for a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 16 years last night at a charity event. Making a charity event about Rex

People who like him like his personality.  

Yes,  exactly.    However,  it seems that posters here don't like anything about Rex.  Very seldom does anyone say  I like Rex but .........

Yes,  exactly.    However,  it seems that posters here don't like anything about Rex.  Very seldom does anyone say  I like Rex but .........

It's to be expected after 4 down seasons. I liked him but it was just time, his shtick was getting old for fans and players weren't hearing his message anymore.

The Bromance continues....   Bills to host Browns for 2 training camp practices  

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Rex Ryan and Mike Pettine are teaming up once again.

The Ryan-coached Bills will host Pettine and the Cleveland Browns for a pair of joint practices at Buffalo's training camp facility in suburban Rochester. The sessions will take place Aug. 17-18, leading up to their preseason game at Cleveland on Aug. 20.

Ryan is entering his first season as the Bills coach after spending the past six years coaching the New York Jets. Pettine is in his second season coaching Cleveland. He was once Ryan's defensive coordinator in New York, before spending the 2013 season in the same role in Buffalo.

The Bills and Browns previously held three joint practices early last decade.

Last year, the Bills held joint practice with Pittsburgh at the Steelers' training camp site.

Woody should ask the NFL to investigate Rex's continued comments regarding Amaro, if for no other reason than to give Rex a dose of his own pettiness as well as to send a firm message to him that he needs to shut up.

I do maintain, however, that Maccagnan had better be watching those two Bills games very carefully, especially with regards to Amaro.  If there are efforts to hold Amaro "accountable" by players on the Bills' defense, then he needs to act swiftly.

He must be so depressed staring out at those Bills press conferences, seeing only three reporters when he was used to 15-20 when he was here.

I think it's a relief.  Some of  the  NY  (downstate)  reporters are  ruthless.   I learned this from being more involved in politics than football.  

I liked Rex while he was here. But now I see why many people (especially non-Jets fans) hated him so much. From the outside looking in, his schtick is pretty annoying. The whole thing with Jace Amaro made him look petty and insecure. He obviously hasn't gotten over being fired.

Amaro was totally out of order with his comment and it came back to haunt him.    After I had the opportunity to watch  (initially just read an article)  the interview with our LeSean Mc Coy ,  I will also say that he was totally out of order (in the interview).  I know that posters claim that these guys are young.  However,  they are making millions of dollars and should know how to answer questions in a professional manner.    Amaro got what he deserved. 

if you are looking for a fair evaluation of rex ryan on this board, good luck. the hate here for rex is alarming and disturbing. imho, a team could do better than rex at head coach. they could also do worse. rex definitely has his deficiencies. to say the least. you, as a buffalo fan, have to hope rex has learned from his mistakes in ny. its hard to tell if he has or hasn't the past 2 years, well, because of your statement above. the bills are in good hands, at least for 2 years or so. if he hasn't learned anything, 2 years might be the end of the honeymoon. if he learned something, well you figure out the rest.

just see for yourself and don't listen to half the clowns on this board. there are a few guys that don't believe what they type, they just try and get the cronies riled up. there were guys saying rex is an overrated defensive coordinator and teams have him figured out and guys saying that rex severely under achieved in 2009. lmao. that's all you really need to know about this topic on this message board. ever hear the expression "take it with a grain of salt"? well, bring your salt shaker

Thank you for your post.  Points are very well taken.  Maybe the Rex effect will die down when football season starts in 98 days but who's counting?  Thank you again for your post.

They like his new truck.

So does the entire City of Buffalo and surrounding areas.  It's great,  just about every day someone will post in the Bills' Mafia site that they saw Rex or have taken a picture with Rex.  

Woody should ask the NFL to investigate Rex's continued comments regarding Amaro, if for no other reason than to give Rex a dose of his own pettiness  

For What?   Amaro answered a question addressed by the media and Rex has been doing likewise.  Also,  Rex's comment about holding Amaro accountable has NOTHING to do with injuring him. 

Amaro was totally out of order with his comment and it came back to haunt him.    After I had the opportunity to watch  (initially just read an article)  the interview with our LeSean Mc Coy ,  I will also say that he was totally out of order (in the interview).  I know that posters claim that these guys are young.  However,  they are making millions of dollars and should know how to answer questions in a professional manner.    Amaro got what he deserved. 

In what way was Amaro out of order?  He said the same thing Nick Mangold, Demario Davis, and Willie Colon have said. The only difference between them and Amaro, is the other three are team leaders.  If Rex goes after them, the Jets will be jacked up to play you guys. And knowing Rex's track record when trash-talking, he'd end up seeing his team get their asses kicked.  

Rex is the quintessential bully on the playground. He goes after easy targets.

I was actually thinking the same thing last night. Could that be our 2nd Favre opportunity. Catch lightening in a bottle of one LAST rodeo for the OL' savvy veteran HOF QB who can still succeed with the right weapons around him. Sad.......that were this futile & desperate for respectable QB play for the NY Jets

For What?   Amaro answered a question addressed by the media and Rex has been doing likewise.  Also,  Rex's comment about holding Amaro accountable has NOTHING to do with injuring him. 

What does it have to do with?  And what exactly do the BILLS have to do with the statement that Jace said in terms of holding Jace accountable?  Rex isn't thinking about the Bills at all here, he's thinking about himself and his own agenda and involving his entire team in his own personal vendetta.  Jace said something specifically about his experience with Rex when Rex was a Jet.  He said nothing about the Bills at all.  So explain to me what holding Jace accountable means exactly? 

For the record this is what you will have to enjoy for the next couple years or so.  REX's truck, REX's mouth, REX's vendettas, REX's checks that he can't cash.....  You can kiss the entire concept of team goodbye for the next couple years because Rex is all about REX.  Maybe he'll write another book about himself while he's there too. 

Archived