Rex at it again! Needs to sit down w/ Oprah and Dr. Phil.

32EBoozer

What does it have to do with?  And what exactly do the BILLS have to do with the statement that Jace said in terms of holding Jace accountable?  Rex isn't thinking about the Bills at all here, he's thinking about himself and his own agenda and involving his entire team in his own personal vendetta.  Jace said something specifically about his experience with Rex when Rex was a Jet.  He said nothing about the Bills at all.  So explain to me what holding Jace accountable means exactly? 

For the record this is what you will have to enjoy for the next couple years or so.  REX's truck, REX's mouth, REX's vendettas, REX's checks that he can't cash.....  You can kiss the entire concept of team goodbye for the next couple years because Rex is all about REX.  Maybe he'll write another book about himself while he's there too. 

Most coaches just let this kind of stuff go, make mental notes and not make a spectacle out of the situation.

Ever hear the saying "it is not wise to say every thought that comes to your mind"? Not Rex. He has to vomit every little thought he has, and in so, he becomes so easy to read and predict. 

He can't contain himself. Containing yourself requires discipline. It requires a plan. Which are not attributes that Rex, and thus Rex guided teams portray

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In what way was Amaro out of order?  He said the same thing Nick Mangold, Demario Davis, and Willie Colon have said. The only difference between them and Amaro, is the other three are team leaders.  If Rex goes after them, the Jets will be jacked up to play you guys. And knowing Rex's track record when trash-talking, he'd end up seeing his team get their asses kicked.  

Rex is the quintessential bully on the playground. He goes after easy targets.

There isn't a team in the NFL that will kick our a....   with the team we have right now.  We may lose a few games but not by much.

It's to be expected after 4 down seasons. I liked him but it was just time, his shtick was getting old for fans and players weren't hearing his message anymore.

JetNut:  I do understand the frustration after 4 down seasons.  We've had 15 years with nothing.  And,  I agree it was time for a change. However,  Idzik is also gone for a reason.  He was part of the problem.  It wasn't all Rex's fault.   

There isn't a team in the NFL that will kick our a....   with the team we have right now.  We may lose a few games but not by much.

Also, you have a bye in Week 8, which means your team will be a no-show in Week 9. 

What does it have to do with?  

I think what Rex meant here was that Amaro will be held accountable for doing his job as a player on the field because Rex is going to have his defense team ready.

Most coaches just let this kind of stuff go, make mental notes and not make a spectacle out of the situation.

Ever hear the saying "it is not wise to say every thought that comes to your mind"? Not Rex. He has to vomit every little thought he has, and in so, he becomes so easy to read and predict. 

He can't contain himself. Containing yourself requires discipline. It requires a plan. Which are not attributes that Rex, and thus Rex guided teams portray

Rex is the kind of guy where you just sit across the table and not say a word to him when you want information.  Just remain perfectly silent.  After about 30 seconds his needs to keep running his mouth will have him spilling every secret you'd ever want to know from him.  He's one of those personalities that just can not stand the silence at all. 

I think what Rex meant here was that Amaro will be held accountable for doing his job as a player on the field because Rex is going to have his defense team ready.

Again, what does that have to do with the comments Jace made or the Bills at all?  Jace was asked about the difference around the Jets with Bowles versus Rex.  He said he felt there was more accountability amongst the players in the Jets locker room.  Has nothing to do with the Bills at all.  Yes it does implicate that Rex runs a very loose ship, and is there any arguing that?  And any self respecting coach in the NFL hears that, and if asked to comment on it says either "I have no comment on that I am the BUF Bills HC and have to worry about getting my TEAM ready", or says "He is certainly entitled to his opinion, I am the coach of the BUF Bills now and have to worry about getting my TEAM ready"......

But nope, not Rex.  Rex drives up in his big gaudy truck with his big gaudy look at me attitude and proceeds to talk all about himself, and how he's going to involve his team in holding Jace accountable and how the Bills are gonna be bullies and nobody will want to play them.  Let me ask you a fair question-were you afraid of playing the Jets anytime over these last 3 years?  Rex thinks you should've been.

JetNut:  I do understand the frustration after 4 down seasons.  We've had 15 years with nothing.  And,  I agree it was time for a change. However,  Idzik is also gone for a reason.  He was part of the problem.  It wasn't all Rex's fault.

Sorry as hard as I try I can't blame any of the firing on Idzik. For one Idzik was only here 2 years, we're talking about 4 down years. I'm smart enough to differentiate coaching losses from losses due to a lack of talent. Did he screw the team by not addressing the CB situation a year ago? Yes, but the jets didn't lose just because they lacked corners. Here was a lack of discipline that was never addressed. You can get away with being HC/best friend when you have a veteran team that knows how to push itself and knows what they have to do without a coach telling them. But with a young team the HC has to act like a HC, not like he's the star of the program. Like we pay our season ticket money to watch Rex. Stupid penalties, QBs who don't know when to be protective of the ball given the game situation, blown assignments, wrong coverages, clock management, all issues that Rex didn't learn to deal with that cost the team wins.

Again, what does that have to do with the comments Jace made or the Bills at all? Jace was asked about the difference around the Jets with Bowles versus Rex. He said he felt there was more accountability amongst the players in the Jets locker room. Has nothing to do with the Bills at all. Yes it does implicate that Rex runs a very loose ship, and is there any arguing that? And any self respecting coach in the NFL hears that, and if asked to comment on it says either "I have no comment on that I am the BUF Bills HC and have to worry about getting my TEAM ready", or says "He is certainly entitled to his opinion, I am the coach of the BUF Bills now and have to worry about getting my TEAM ready"......

But nope, not Rex. Rex drives up in his big gaudy truck with his big gaudy look at me attitude and proceeds to talk all about himself, and how he's going to involve his team in holding Jace accountable and how the Bills are gonna be bullies and nobody will want to play them. Let me ask you a fair question-were you afraid of playing the Jets anytime over these last 3 years? Rex thinks you should've been.

Look at him the other night. Repeated all of this stupidity and added in a we'll see who wins in the matchup this year. Really? If the Bills blow the Jets out in this idiots mind what Amaro said becomes untrue? What kind of moronic, childish thinking is this? What does who wins or loses in 2015 have to do with how loose Rex let the Jets become in his last season?

Also I think th implication was pretty clear. In between the Amaro insults Rex tossed around, that his team was going to target Amaro and he would pay for talking badly about the great Rex Ryan.

Amaro said there was accountability, but there has not been a single mandatory thing done.  Bowles quite literally has not been able to demand anything.  Whatever accountability there has been so far has come voluntarily from the players.  Bowles has said the right things, but what wil actually happen remains to be seen.  Things should be 100% better since they have less malcontents (Harvin, CJ, Vick) though the Marshall pick-up could lead to trouble and I am sure that Jarvis Harrison will be a test.

Rex has done remarkably  well with his comments about  his previous team.  I'm glad you mention that most coaches let this kind of stuff go because Chip Kelly clearly didn't let Mc Coy's comment about letting good black players go. I like Chip Kelly and don't believe he was out of line with his come back comments.  It's just an example of how some comments just don't get ignored by coaches.

Again, what does that have to do with the comments Jace made or the Bills at all?  Jace was asked about the difference around the Jets with Bowles versus Rex.  He said he felt there was more accountability amongst the players in the Jets locker room.  Has nothing to do with the Bills at all.  Yes it does implicate that Rex runs a very loose ship, and is there any arguing that?  And any self respecting coach in the NFL hears that, and if asked to comment on it says either "I have no comment on that I am the BUF Bills HC and have to worry about getting my TEAM ready", or says "He is certainly entitled to his opinion, I am the coach of the BUF Bills now and have to worry about getting my TEAM ready"......

But nope, not Rex.  Rex drives up in his big gaudy truck with his big gaudy look at me attitude and proceeds to talk all about himself, and how he's going to involve his team in holding Jace accountable and how the Bills are gonna be bullies and nobody will want to play them.  Let me ask you a fair question-were you afraid of playing the Jets anytime over these last 3 years?  Rex thinks you should've been.

Yes,  Jace was asked about the difference around the Jets with Bowles vs Rex.  EJ Manuel was asked a similar question about Marrone vs Rex.  EJ's response?  I don't want to get into what happened last year (or words to that effect). I am given a fair chance to be starting QB.  All I can say is God is good.  And,  you're right,  Rex could have chosen different words to respond to Amaro's comment but he didn't.  Rex has been very good with his comments about his previous team.  And,  he has used the response you suggest in that he was to be concerned about getting his team (now) ready.

Rex has done remarkably  well with his comments about  his previous team.  I'm glad you mention that most coaches let this kind of stuff go because Chip Kelly clearly didn't let Mc Coy's comment about letting good black players go. I like Chip Kelly and don't believe he was out of line with his come back comments.  It's just an example of how some comments just don't get ignored by coaches.

I would think that a player calling someone a coach "racist" deserves some form of comeback.

It skews the equation so slightly.

I like you, Jeanie.

Thank you.  I pretty much like everyone here too.  I realize I am in an uphill battle here when it comes to Rex Ryan.  However,  I enjoy the challenge and also posting here.

Amaro said there was accountability, but there has not been a single mandatory thing done.  Bowles quite literally has not been able to demand anything.  Whatever accountability there has been so far has come voluntarily from the players.  Bowles has said the right things, but what wil actually happen remains to be seen.  Things should be 100% better since they have less malcontents (Harvin, CJ, Vick) though the Marshall pick-up could lead to trouble and I am sure that Jarvis Harrison will be a test.

How do you know what has been communicated to the team in terms of expectations by Bowles? I would be interested in reading this.

McCoy called the man a racist. He had to address the comments, a completely different story. Amaro was complimenting his new HC and Rex can't let it go. Takes a compliment to Bowles as a slight to his legacy.

Kelley had his morals challenged by a loud mouth ex player who made disturbing allegations for no reason.

I would think that a player calling someone a coach "racist" deserves some form of comeback.

It skews the equation so slightly.

And Rex believed a player challenging his ability to manage his team deserved a comeback.  I also agree that McCoy deserved a comeback.  As I mentioned earlier,  I like Chip Kelly.

And Rex believed a player challenging his ability to manage his team deserved a comeback.  I also agree that McCoy deserved a comeback.  As I mentioned earlier,  I like Chip Kelly.

And, many coaches let that roll of their back. No reason to spar with a former player, especially 3 times now. 

Just not a smart approach.

What manditory thing has or hasn't been done? It's how you practice, how responsible you are at being on time, knowing the playbook, not getting flagged for stupid penalties. That accountability, accountable to yourself and the team. What hasn't changed?

And, many coaches let that roll of their back. No reason to spar with a former player, especially 3 times now. 

Just not a smart approach.

Rex just can't shut his mouth, can't protect himself from the Rex character.

I think back to Rex killing the Ravens for hiring Harbaugh over Rex. Insured the organization and Harbaugh to stroke his own ego. As if the Ravens wish they could get a redo on that hire.

Bills ticket sales are through the roof, reportedly.  I have no doubt that ownership is encouraging Rex to continue being a public doofus.  All that matters is how his team performs on the field.  

With the Jets, Rex proved without a shadow of a doubt that he often fields a completely unprepared, undisciplined team that continually shoots itself in the foot with stupid mistakes. So far, I have no reason to believe that it will be any different up in Buffalo.

What manditory thing has or hasn't been done? It's how you practice, how responsible you are at being on time, knowing the playbook, not getting flagged for stupid penalties. That accountability, accountable to yourself and the team. What hasn't changed?

This is a voluntary camp.  Nothing is mandatory.  If you are late there are no repercussions.  What stupid penalties and play book? Hell, Sheldon and Mo did not even show up.  Have they been repurcussed? 

Even if you give Rex a pass as Jeanie has for his initial response, why does he keep addressing it, over and over? How many times can he insinuate that Amaro will be punished? That he's a POS who he could care less about. But keeps talking about. How many of these article will continue to come out? Why did he feel the need at a charity event loaded with real talent to address it again, to make it about Rex?

“I couldn’t care less about him,” Ryan said of Amaro, via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post. “That doesn’t mean anything to me. … [The hard feelings with Amaro] will be decided on the field, and we’ll see who’s got the better team.”

Ryan said the comments put “a chip on my shoulder” for the Bills’ two games against the Jets, such that he needed help with that.

“I know what’s been written about me and other things, so will I have a chip on my shoulder? Absolutely,” Ryan said. “And it will be fun. I know one thing: We ain’t hiding from anybody — New England, the Jets, anybody else. We’ll take on all challenges, and I’m looking forward to it.”

Again, part of this is just Ryan’s schtick, and it’s working, since the Bills are selling tickets at record pace since he got the job. And if it takes continuously jabbing with a fairly anonymous player to keep them in the news, it’s apparently worth it to Ryan, who has now brought up Amaro at least four times.

This is a voluntary camp. Nothing is mandatory. If you are late there are no repercussions. What stupid penalties and play book? Hell, Sheldon and Mo did not even show up. Have they been repurcussed?

You haven't been paying attention to how camp was run, gassers, using every minute to catch up and practice. It's everything not just not being able to discipline a player for missing OTA days. Every player says it's different. It's a start

Even if you give Rex a pass as Jeanie has for his initial response, why does he keep addressing it, over and over? How many times can he insinuate that Amaro will be punished? That he's a POS who he could care less about. But keeps talking about. How many of these article will continue to come out? Why did he feel the need at a charity event loaded with real talent to address it again, to make it about Rex?

“I couldn’t care less about him,” Ryan said of Amaro, via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post. “That doesn’t mean anything to me. … [The hard feelings with Amaro] will be decided on the field, and we’ll see who’s got the better team.”

Ryan said the comments put “a chip on my shoulder” for the Bills’ two games against the Jets, such that he needed help with that.

“I know what’s been written about me and other things, so will I have a chip on my shoulder? Absolutely,” Ryan said. “And it will be fun. I know one thing: We ain’t hiding from anybody — New England, the Jets, anybody else. We’ll take on all challenges, and I’m looking forward to it.”

Again, part of this is just Ryan’s schtick, and it’s working, since the Bills are selling tickets at record pace since he got the job. And if it takes continuously jabbing with a fairly anonymous player to keep them in the news, it’s apparently worth it to Ryan, who has now brought up Amaro at least four times.

He should shut up, but the reason is obvious.  They keep asking him. You think Ryan spontaneously brought up Amaro to say he didn't care? 

This is a voluntary camp.  Nothing is mandatory.  If you are late there are no repercussions.  What stupid penalties and play book? Hell, Sheldon and Mo did not even show up.  Have they been repurcussed? 

You now are starting to think like Rex 

"Gee, if my guys just show up, things are well covered in the accountability department"…….

You said Bowles has not mandated anything. I ask again, please share the context of what Bowles has wait to the team in terms of expectations. I would love to see it.

He should shut up, but the reason is obvious. They keep asking him. You think Ryan spontaneously brought up Amaro to say he didn't care?

There some kind of law that he has to answer, can't just say that's over? He has to make it into challenge? He needs to shut up but can't.

You know like Amaro has every time he's been asked about what he said or better yet what Rex responded with

Archived