Rex at it again! Needs to sit down w/ Oprah and Dr. Phil.

32EBoozer

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex will finish .500 and be a breath of fresh air.

Which will be hilarious to watch since Rex will probably be hailed as some savior if this happens, even though it's a game worse than Marrone got for them last year.

After that, we'll get to watch him destroy their roster like he did ours.  To quote Rex's favorite player: "Can't wait."

Which will be hilarious to watch since Rex will probably be hailed as some savior if this happens, even though it's a game worse than Marrone got for them last year.

After that, we'll get to watch him destroy their roster like he did ours.  To quote Rex's favorite player: "Can't wait."

Can't wait to see what he does with the QB position. Will he name the wrong guy as starter early or will he flip flop from one week to another.

And of course can't wait for him to unleash some wildcat on us.

Can't wait to see what he does with the QB position. Will he name the wrong guy as starter early or will he flip flop from one week to another.

And of course can't wait for him to unleash some wildcat on us.

It doesn't matter which one of those four he names the starter.  They're all the wrong guy.  ;)

Hopefully he uses the Wildcat the same way he did in New York.  Wait until his lousy QB gets into something resembling a decent rhythm and then send it out onto the field.

It doesn't matter which one of those four he names the starter.  They're all the wrong guy.  ;)

Hopefully he uses the Wildcat the same way he did in New York.  Wait until his lousy QB gets into something resembling a decent rhythm and then send it out onto the field.

Can't wait to play them and see Matt Castle line up as a WR. Looking forward to seeing a pass bounce off of his head and fall to the ground. Or better yet see Taylor or Manuel run the ball straight into the line, fooling no one and coming up 3 yards short on a 3rd down play.

Because, you know, as a DC he always worried about having to stop the WC

Because, you know, as a DC he always worried about having to stop the WC

You have to wonder if his obsession with the WC really took hold after we lost that Monday Night game in Miami on a WC play during his first year.  I seem to recall that, up until that point in that season, the offense really wasn't all that bad, especially with a rookie QB leading it.

You have to wonder if his obsession with the WC really took hold after we lost that Monday Night game in Miami on a WC play during his first year.  I seem to recall that, up until that point in that season, the offense really wasn't all that bad, especially with a rookie QB leading it.

Remember it well. Started the season off 3-0, lost in NO to a really good Saints team and expected to destroy the fins with Henne at QB. Henne, Williams and Brown torched us for over 400 yards that night.

Remember it well. Started the season off 3-0, lost in NO to a really good Saints team and expected to destroy the fins with Henne at QB. Henne, Williams and Brown torched us for over 400 yards that night.

The saddest part about it was that the offense actually did a good job of keeping up with the Dolphins that night, something we'd rarely see from that unit as the Ryan era progressed.  A back-and-forth game as I seem to remember it with a really nice TD catch by Braylon in the back of the endzone in his first game with the team. It was kind of a precursor to what we'd see in the two AFCCGs. where the offense did more to keep us in the game than Rex's vaunted defenses did.

The saddest part about it was that the offense actually did a good job of keeping up with the Dolphins that night, something we'd rarely see from that unit as the Ryan era progressed.  A back-and-forth game as I seem to remember it with a really nice TD catch by Braylon in the back of the endzone in his first game with the team. It was kind of a precursor to what we'd see in the two AFCCGs. where the offense did more to keep us in the game than Rex's vaunted defenses did.

That's how I remember that game. We were up at the half and no one scored in the 3rd then back and forth, wide open 4th and we couldn't stop them with the lead ultimately losing.

Think there was a long pass that bounced off Braylans head or facemask on a sideline bomb too

I remember that Sanchez was playing much more loosy goosy in that game at New Orleans, after a few more games with turnovers, he became a robot, and was never the same. But that game in Miami, I remember the commentators saying that Miami needed that game more, and outdesired us, especially their OL.

You guys will be fine , Rex is there now , workers will come from all over the country to work there for less money than they could get somewhere else.

You might want to get yourself up to date on the status of upstate New York,  specifically Erie County.  

Don't forget that he also managed to make that QB situation even worse by bringing in the likes of Matt Cassell, Tyrod Taylor, and Matt Simms.  I can't recall ever seeing a team be this active in the QB market in an offseason and get absolutely nothing out of it.  

Matt Cassel,  much like Kyle Orton will serve as a back up mentor to EJ.  Tyrod Taylor has done very well in practice so far.  Lot of rumors/talk he could very well be our starting QB.  Matt Simms - smh -  we didn't gain anything by letting Tuel go and picking up Simms.   As I look at the QB availability this season,  I say we did or gained the best we could do.  There has to be a reason why Bryce Petty was picked up in the 4th round.

If Matt Cassell is there for veteran leadership, then that's just a bad move by Rex.  You want to bring in veteran leadership that has actually accomplished something in the league.  Cassell, aside from that one season filling in for Brady when he had the aid of all the Pats* surveillance helping him out, has been a terrible, terrible QB.  He's not going to help EJ Manuel in any meaningful way.

And, it doesn't really matter if Tyrod Taylor, or any other QB in the league for that matter, is doing well in the OTAs.  They're running around in t-shirts and shorts.  Just about anyone can look good in what basically amounts to 7-on-7 drills.

If Matt Cassell is there for veteran leadership, then that's just a bad move by Rex.  You want to bring in veteran leadership that has actually accomplished something in the league.  Cassell, aside from that one season filling in for Brady when he had the aid of all the Pats* surveillance helping him out, has been a terrible, terrible QB.  He's not going to help EJ Manuel in any meaningful way.

And, it doesn't really matter if Tyrod Taylor, or any other QB in the league for that matter, is doing well in the OTAs.  They're running around in t-shirts and shorts.  Just about anyone can look good in what basically amounts to 7-on-7 drills.

I don't believe Matt Cassel is any better or worse than Kyle Orton.  Kyle was initially  brought in for a back up and mentor to EJ.  Orton saved us last season.  I totally agree (and so do the coaches) that it doesn't matter what players look like in OTA.  This is why nobody makes a decision on starting positions this early.  I just wanted to point out that Taylor seems to be on top  as it stands right now.  Obviously,  that very well may change.

You are legitimately the strangest person who has ever posted here.

Oh forgot to mention.  One of the posters here sent me a pm the other day aplologizing for all the hits I take here from other posters and also hoped that I would stay.  In view of your remark and the nice email I received,  it's clear you can't please everyone in the social media.  Different strokes for different folks.  

As I said. New York State, New York City. Buffalo is in New York State. MetLife is in Jersey so the Buffalo Bills are the only NFL team in New York State.

And the buffalo bills sounds better than the orchard park bills.

Again, nobody identifies with the Bills. They have their cute little snowy fanbase somewhere in their little caves, their tipi's, whatever, that's all nice and well. But until they change their name to the New York Bills they have no business talking about being New York's team, New York's only team or whatever they claim to be when there are 2 other teams that actually do identify with New York, that are proud enough to wear that name.

Again, nobody identifies with the Bills. They have their cute little snowy fanbase somewhere in their little caves, their tipi's, whatever, that's all nice and well. But until they change their name to the New York Bills they have no business talking about being New York's team, New York's only team or whatever they claim to be when there are 2 other teams that actually do identify with New York, that are proud enough to wear that name.

Guess you're not over the Jets leaving New York for games and practices to another state yet.

Guess you're not over the Jets leaving New York for games and practice yet.

I'm over it, I just don't care where somebody geographically puts their facility or decides to train and spend 4 hours 8 times per year to play their games. A lot of this is politics, it's about money. Franchises move around, that's the way it is. If the Jets moved to LA would you stop rooting for them? Would you root for the Pats if they took over for the Jets in NY? Please.

Come on DaBallhawk:  Little caves?  Are you kidding me?  How may residents in NYC live in 500  sq. ft.  apartements (shacks) on the 18th floor?  And,  you don't get snow?   You're right,  it is about money.  And,  financially  we are the only NY Team supporting New York State.  Remember,  there's only 250,000 people living in the City of Buffalo as opposed to over 8 million in NYC.  The rest of us, who are bills fans,  live in suburbs where homes range from 1,800  sq ft to 6,000 sq. ft.    These are hardly caves.   

I'm over it, I just don't care where somebody geographically puts their facility or decides to train and spend 4 hours 8 times per year to play their games. A lot of this is politics, it's about money. Franchises move around, that's the way it is. If the Jets moved to LA would you stop rooting for them? Would you root for the Pats if they took over for the Jets in NY? Please.

If the Jets move to LA yes I would stop rooting for them. I've never been to LA and have zero connection to it. Do you still root for the Dodgers?

Archived