Who Do you want to see as our Starting RG this year?

TNJet

Who Should Start at RG this Season?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. 2015 Starting RG?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question is who do you want to see as our starting RG, that answer is obvious.  Harrison.  Means we got a steal and he played well enough to beat out all the JAGs we have stacked up at Guard.  If the question is who do I think Will be our Right Guard.  I would have to go with Aboushi.

Yes. Duh.

I'm not the only person who thought he was in play for right guard.

ets to sign James Carpenter to four-year deal
  • 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  •  

print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png

• By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL writer
  • Published: March 10, 2015 at 10:47 a.m.
  • Updated: March 10, 2015 at 12:35 p.m.

For the second straight season the New York Jets are importing an offensive lineman from Seattle.

PATH TO THE DRAFT

(Weekdays at 6 p.m. ET on NFL Network) 0ap2000000333347.jpg

"Path to the Draft" previews the 2015 NFL Draft by providing in-depth expert analysis of the top prospects and each teams' needs.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that guard James Carpenter is set to sign a four-year deal worth roughly $5 million a year, per a source.

That's some good scratch for a player who couldn't stay healthy early in his career. Last season he was average in pass protection and struggled in the run game. Pro Football Focus graded the 25-year-old as -.6 is pass pro and -10.3 in run blocking in 2014. Carpenter was up toNo. 52 in Around The NFL's top 101 free-agent liston the eve of the market opening.

Last year the Jets added right tackle Breno Giacomini from the Seahawks.

Carpenter will replace right guard Willie Colon who is a free agent.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast analyzes early free agency news, including Ndamukong Suh to Miami, Devin McCourty's new deal and much more. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

I'm not the only person who thought he was in play for right guard.

ets to sign James Carpenter to four-year deal
  • 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  •  

print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png

• By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL writer
  • Published: March 10, 2015 at 10:47 a.m.
  • Updated: March 10, 2015 at 12:35 p.m.

For the second straight season the New York Jets are importing an offensive lineman from Seattle.

PATH TO THE DRAFT

(Weekdays at 6 p.m. ET on NFL Network) 0ap2000000333347.jpg

"Path to the Draft" previews the 2015 NFL Draft by providing in-depth expert analysis of the top prospects and each teams' needs.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that guard James Carpenter is set to sign a four-year deal worth roughly $5 million a year, per a source.

That's some good scratch for a player who couldn't stay healthy early in his career. Last season he was average in pass protection and struggled in the run game. Pro Football Focus graded the 25-year-old as -.6 is pass pro and -10.3 in run blocking in 2014. Carpenter was up toNo. 52 in Around The NFL's top 101 free-agent liston the eve of the market opening.

Last year the Jets added right tackle Breno Giacomini from the Seahawks.

Carpenter will replace right guard Willie Colon who is a free agent.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast analyzes early free agency news, including Ndamukong Suh to Miami, Devin McCourty's new deal and much more. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

Before Colon was re-signed. Duh

After the signing when Ray Lucas and the Jets Nation guys looked at the projected starters they actually had Colon at LG and Carpenter at RG.

Carpenter played LG his whole time in Seattle, stick to the facts. Colon sucks, another fact of why he wont start at RG or LG.

Aboushi. He was our best lineman last season after Mangold, benching him now makes no sense. He's young and he's only getting better.

I really think this is the 2nd best pick from the 2013 draft behind Sheldon. Oday has a great technique, and even more deceptive strength than would might observe just by looking at him. Could be an eventual pro bowler if given enough starts imo.

I remember before I found out how terrible Winters was gonna be I envisioned he and Aboushi at both G positions. Winters has not been much better than Ducasse the past 2 years. Well, maybe a lil better than Vlad.

Newsflash dude, he will be our starting LG, and you didn't even know...Duh! lol :sign0151:

Iol.  I knew he was starting at one of the guard positions.  They didn't pay him all that money to just be in the mix.  I just didn't think that right guard was written in stone.  Okay smartie?

Iol.  I knew he was starting at one of the guard positions.  They didn't pay him all that money to just be in the mix.  I just didn't think that right guard was written in stone.  Okay smartie?

Calm down. Can we talk about the RG's? Screw Carpenter he's penciled in man.

Its not! Left Guard is! gee whiz.

Carpenter played LG his whole time in Seattle, stick to the facts. Colon sucks, another fact of why he wont start at RG or LG.

What did I say that was not a fact?

I remember before I found out how terrible Winters was gonna be I envisioned he and Aboushi at both G positions. Winters has not been much better than Ducasse the past 2 years. Well, maybe a lil better than Vlad.

Ducasse really wasn't that bad. Do you remember when he bulldozed Wilfork twice in one game?

That Colon would play L and Carpenter R. Not gonna happen.

Did I say that, or did I simply point out the fact that it was thrown out there as a possibility by former players who cover the team? 

Ducasse really wasn't that bad. Do you remember when he bulldozed Wilfork twice in one game?

I do. That was the last game he fooled me into thinking the light came on. But after that started his steady decline and gave way to Winters :(

If you want to stick to the facts, Carpenter has not played LG his whole time in Seattle.  He actually played RT his first year or two and gave way to Giacomini after a bad knee injury.  He spent time at both G spots, but has played solely on the L for the past year or two.  He'll get hurt. I think Brewer has a decent shot and he's not on your list.

hard to say

aboushi looked pretty decent last season

dozier I like very much

and of course you want Harrison to take that next step

not real impressed with carpenter when he played In seattle

colon is a pass protection and pentalty liability

winters looked awful for the year and a half that he played.

If you want to stick to the facts, Carpenter has not played LG his whole time in Seattle.  He actually played RT his first year or two and gave way to Giacomini after a bad knee injury.  He spent time at both G spots, but has played solely on the L for the past year or two.  He'll get hurt. I think Brewer has a decent shot and he's not on your list.

I just graded Brewer as behind all the guys on my list. I think he is only a backup, like he was most of the time with the Giants.

Dakota Dozier. But only because I want him to play so well that he earns the nickname "Double D" so I can hear announcers say things like, "Boy, Double D sure is a handful to handle" and other witticisms.

Archived