Bruce Jenner to receive Arthur Ashe courage award.

BallinPB

Once something's done wrong by others in the past, it's ok for us to do it now. -All pats fans and Hess Station. 

What's interesting is if you go through the names on the list the only other athlete/winner who had a more storied/accomplished career in sports than Bruce Jenner is basically Ali.  It's not like we're talking Dwight Stones here! (1972 olympic bronze medalist in mens high jump....*cough)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN was a legitimate journalistic enterprise for about five minutes in the late 90s. 

That waived bye bye to them years ago. The second they secured the rights to 3 of the 4 major sports and became more concerned with protecting the shields they lost any journalistic integrity they once had. 

Yep, I agree. Haven't watched any ESPN programming other than live sports since I was in college in the early aughts. 

As my first sentence in this thread stated, I disagree with the media making this a big deal. This award is furthering that goal for the media. 

Yep, I agree. Haven't watched any ESPN programming other than live sports since I was in college in the early aughts. 

As my first sentence in this thread stated, I disagree with the media making this a big deal. This award is furthering that goal for the media. 

THEN WHY DO YOU ******* CARE? 

It's become a bigger media deal due to his/her unfortunate involvement with the Kardashian Cult. He married the wrong psycho-slut. It happens to the best of us. I don't blame him/her for that. 

It's become a bigger media deal due to his/her unfortunate involvement with the Kardashian Cult. He married the wrong psycho-slut. It happens to the best of us. I don't blame him/her for that. 

All well and good. Unless we're looking for some sort of association of that to a sports courage award. 

What happens if my kid watches this award show and then catches the Jennergay? How do I stop him from spreading it to his classmates? Further, do I just consider home schooling him or her at that point to shield society?

I don't know. That's a tough call. You do live in one of them northern librul cities so I would definitely recommend home schooling. 

What happens if my kid watches this award show and then catches the Jennergay? How do I stop him from spreading it to his classmates? Further, do I just consider home schooling him or her at that point to shield society?

It's too late. 20/20 already aired. It's happening. 

giphy.gif

It's too late. 20/20 already aired. It's happening. 

giphy.gif

Look at those kids. In their form fitting trunks and sweet dance moves. Two more victims of the lamestream media's gay agenda. You guys can joke all you want about this but by god I am going to do something about it.

Look at those kids. In their form fitting trunks and sweet dance moves. Two more victims of the lamestream media's gay agenda. You guys can joke all you want about this but by god I am going to do something about it.

Grab your pitchfork and meet me at Ballin's at 6:00.

You have no kids yet.  Only sperms.  Not even sure they swim.  By the time you have kids that watch the Kardashians I'm pretty sure everyone will already be transgender.  Except CTM.  He will remain a dirty filthy hippie.  Last of his kind. 

A kid can be predisposed to doing it.  But now this makes it ok and acceptable.  That's my point.  

Good point, we wouldn't want people to feel free to defy societal norms if that's their lean. Better they stfu and just try and fit in so they don't upset me or my children

You just noticed that in the last year? 

You're not very observant, are you?

I'm very observant. It's required for my occupation. Maybe it's been a couple of years or so. Not really concerned with the timeline as much as the point I'm trying to make

Even if it was not a law, which it is, I'm afraid I would have a lot of difficulty endorsing an enterprise as fraught with genuine peril as I believe this one to be.  Besides the liquor and drugs which always seem to accompany such an event, the thing that distresses me even more is the spiritual corruption that can be involved.  These dances and this kind of music can be destructive and I think you are going to find that most people in our community are going to agree with me on this.

Even if it was not a law, which it is, I'm afraid I would have a lot of difficulty endorsing an enterprise as fraught with genuine peril as I believe this one to be.  Besides the liquor and drugs which always seem to accompany such an event, the thing that distresses me even more is the spiritual corruption that can be involved.  These dances and this kind of music can be destructive and I think you are going to find that most people in our community are going to agree with me on this.

Is that the same community as the one that Footloose took place in?

Even if it was not a law, which it is, I'm afraid I would have a lot of difficulty endorsing an enterprise as fraught with genuine peril as I believe this one to be.  Besides the liquor and drugs which always seem to accompany such an event, the thing that distresses me even more is the spiritual corruption that can be involved.  These dances and this kind of music can be destructive and I think you are going to find that most people in our community are going to agree with me on th

The father from Footloose FTW?

Archived