NFL.com All-Underrated Team - DT Snacks

Jet9

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000494992/allunderrated-team?campaign=Twitter_writers_harrison

Defensive tackle: Damon Harrison, New York Jets

Hard to believe that one of the NFL's premier run stuffers is now the fourth-best known player on the Jets' defensive line, behind Sheldon Richardson, Muhammad Wilkerson and Leonard Williams. Sacks might make headlines, but you can't get those if your opponents are facing too many third-and-shorts. Players like Harrison clog the middle, leading to early-down stuffs that turn into third-and-throws.

Contract year- I think he'll play his ass off.

Am I correct in thinking that he will be an UFA after this season? Or is there some random RFA tender that we can lay on him this year?

I know that we put a 2nd round tender on him over the off-season and we had no takers.

Is there another way to lock him up without the Franchise or Transitional Tag?

Am I correct in thinking that he will be an UFA after this season? Or is there some random RFA tender that we can lay on him this year?

I know that we put a 2nd round tender on him over the off-season and we had no takers.

Is there another way to lock him up without the Franchise or Transitional Tag?

I don't know.  But I believe I heard that he is an unrestricted free agent after this year.  I think this is why we drafted Deon Simon in the 7th round this year. 

Why else would be draft 2 D-Lineman out of 6 total picks when it's our strongest position.  I know it's a throwaway pick in round 7 and Mac thought he was good value but I firmly believe it was because he knows Snacks is unkeepable after this year.  If Kendrick Ellis somehow got 2 million in FA (with the Giants) then Snacks will be bid higher and longer and we can't commit more decent contracts to our DL.

Archived