Smith Has Edge, but Fitz Looking Better and Better

flgreen

based on what? I've read every quote from Mac since he was hired. Not one indicates any of this.

The only thing he can base this on is that McCags felt he needed to trade up that 1 spot to make sure he got his man, if he didn't covet him he wouldn't have moved up the 1 spot to make sure he got his man. Just wish the Jets brass had the same common sense when the Falcons traded up right in front of the Jets to draft Favre.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forcing Schotty on Rex sealed the end of the Favre Era in NY. Favre probably would have come back if he got to pick his O Coordinator to bring with him.

Ding dong ding

You are 100% correct. Favre would have probably stayed if we had a west coast play book similar to what he had his entire career. He even stated that was one of his reasons for going to Minnesota because Childress had the same package he already knew.

Boy, you're all kinds of dicky today!

that was "dicky"? lol...  that's pretty tame stuff...  I like the guys posts that I quoted.

my initial "dickyness" was towards 80 who I've known on this forum for years.  trust me when I tell you he wasn't offended.

Best case scenario for Jets, Genos light goes on & he starts gaining confidence throughout preseason. Petty shines in camp playing on the #2 field & Jets brass sees a major battle shaping up for the 2016 season, WIN...WIN!

Jets trade 2016 camp loser to Cleveland.

Don't laugh, lol, this is possible.

Sign me up!!! 

Best case scenario for Jets, Genos light goes on & he starts gaining confidence throughout preseason. Petty shines in camp playing on the #2 field & Jets brass sees a major battle shaping up for the 2016 season, WIN...WIN!

Jets trade 2016 camp loser to Cleveland.

Don't laugh, lol, this is possible.

Possibly, but when the Jets medical team selects a new brain for Geno, they better make sure the name on the bottle isn't Abby something.

There are a lot of people on the site who just hate Geno, and that is fine.  Opinions are fine.  What I find a little offensive are the remarks about Geno's intelligence.  I have seen no evidence of lack of intelligence.  Missing one meeting does not make a person an idiot.  As for his performance, fine.  Hate away.  But to attribute that to some lack of intelligence, well, that is a little much.  I still say it is a competition, but Geno needs to be given some reps to put him on a level playing field with Fitz, who has the system in his back pocket.

I have noticed this also.  Maybe it's projection.... ;-)

Forcing Schotty on Rex sealed the end of the Favre Era in NY. Favre probably would have come back if he got to pick his O Coordinator to bring with him.

As the book Collision Low Crossers pointed out, Rex loved Schotty from the beginning and saw himself in Schotty. 

Rex NEVER ever had a plan for if and when he became a HC or who he wanted as his OC and what their style and personality should be!

This ALONE should have been a HUGE warning sign for Woody and Tanny before they hired Rex.

Geno sucks.  He's the worst kind of suck because he'll be awful enough early in the year to ruin your season and then good enough late in the year to screw up your draft seeding.

That said, he could possibly improve and resemble a serviceable NFL QB which the Jets would gladly take because he has higher upside than Fitz.  That's the dilemma for the Jets.  

I saw one of those FO stats the other day. The Jets led the league last year in sacks given up despite relatively good protection. That's Geno.

Just as interesting. Geno was sacked 28 times in 13 games. Vick with only 3 starts was sacked 19 times.

It's on Vick

Back on topic-it is Geno's job to lose is apparent.

I'd rather it be stated as Fitz's job to win.  It makes it more solid and fair play that way, rather than hand the job over to him just because Smith stunk it up, which he invariably will.  

All I will make note of about this thread is that the same guys who spent years over at JI arguing between themselves and jerkoff Pats fans that Chad Pennington was a better quarterback then Tom Brady are the same ones who are going to laugh at all of youse guys when the game's WORST QB Geno Effing Smith is once again named the starter. Laugh all the way to the bar and drink your sorrows away of better yet, start making your own swill 

Geno sucks.  He's the worst kind of suck because he'll be awful enough early in the year to ruin your season and then good enough late in the year to screw up your draft seeding.

That said, he could possibly improve and resemble a serviceable NFL QB which the Jets would gladly take because he has higher upside than Fitz.  That's the dilemma for the Jets.  

Which scenario would you bet the ranch on, though?  I am going with the first one -- the kid has a rhythm going.  Why change now?

I'd rather it be stated as Fitz's job to win.  It makes it more solid and fair play that way, rather than hand the job over to him just because Smith stunk it up, which he invariably will.  

God that is just dumb. Seriously, people need to trust in our coaches. And Fitz SUCKS. Wanting him to play in anything other than a doomsday scenario is just plain dumb.

God that is just dumb. Seriously, people need to trust in our coaches. And Fitz SUCKS. Wanting him to play in anything other than a doomsday scenario is just plain dumb.

Your ignorance and stupidity are just plain legendary.  Smith and Fitz both suck to varying degrees.  Neither is the long term answer.  Bowles and Mac have no choice but to 'trust' Smith to start, which he will, as he has the past two seasons, by default.  Fitz will take this team over, hopefully sooner rather than later.         

Per our HC it's Geno's job to keep and Fitz's job to take.

IIRC Geno was close to but behind Sanchez preseason before Mark's injury.  That was encouraging as a rookie even though it was only against Mark.  Last year it was Gono's job period.  Vick knew it and never prepared (wtf).  Geno was in fact better than Vick but Vick by then really sux much worse than Sanchez, so again, sad.

Now (hopefully) the adults are running things.  IMHO Geno has never gotten any better than he was as a rookie.  Those of you who sight 8-8 should really stop it.  I don't give a crap about Bill freaking Parcells and his "you are what your record says you are" crap.  Honest Jets fans know 8-8 was a total BS fluke.  The real Geno is 4-12.  

I've little doubt the real Geno will show up this preseason.  If not, good, I love it (weapons/OC argument).  Otherwise Fitz wins.     

Per our HC it's Geno's job to keep and Fitz's job to take.

IIRC Geno was close to but behind Sanchez preseason before Mark's injury.  That was encouraging as a rookie even though it was only against Mark.  Last year it was Gono's job period.  Vick knew it and never prepared (wtf).  Geno was in fact better than Vick but Vick by then really sux much worse than Sanchez, so again, sad.

Now (hopefully) the adults are running things.  IMHO Geno has never gotten any better than he was as a rookie.  Those of you who sight 8-8 should really stop it.  I don't give a crap about Bill freaking Parcells and his "you are what your record says you are" crap.  Honest Jets fans know 8-8 was a total BS fluke.  The real Geno is 4-12.  

I've little doubt the real Geno will show up this preseason.  If not, good, I love it (weapons/OC argument).  Otherwise Fitz wins.     

This is the part I did not expect, I thought Vick would work hard and come in fighting, especially knowing MM's system but I was wrong, Vick was a mess when the Jets needed him to play and that's probably why he can't find a job, seems like Fitz is taking the job more seriously so we have that going for us

This is the part I did not expect, I thought Vick would work hard and come in fighting, especially knowing MM's system but I was wrong, Vick was a mess when the Jets needed him to play and that's probably why he can't find a job, seems like Fitz is taking the job more seriously so we have that going for us

Yeah, it's called Pride & Dignity. Vick scrapped those traits as a Professional and just took the paycheck to ride the pine in 2014.

Fitz actually takes Pride in being a Professional and as he stated, "knows to always be ready"

Fair point, but Vick is not exactly know for getting rid of the ball quickly.

Flint4_zpsb37f5389.jpeg

No he's not. But the original point I was responding to was the Jet sack against total was high and that it was on Geno.

The Indians send signals

From the rocks above the pass

The cowboys take positions

In the bushes and the grass

She likes to go to discos

But she's never on her own

I said I'll see you later

And I give her some old chat

But it's not like that on the T.V.

When it's cool for cats

It's cool for cats

Ah a proficienado of 80's music. The 80's sucked but the music was its saving grace. 

lol Fitz doesn't suck. He's a textbook JAG. He has neither an overall positive nor negative impact on this team. Geno will actively lose you games. There's a difference.

Exactly.  Smith cannot play within himself.  Fitz is a veteran. He's been around the block.  He's earned the respect from his teammates. He's a better version of Dilfer.  Having a lights out defense and lack of a franchise QB, Fitz is the game manager this team needs.  

She likes to go to discos

But she's never on her own

I said I'll see you later

And I give her some old chat

But it's not like that on the T.V.

When it's cool for cats

It's cool for cats

Ah a proficienado of 80's music. The 80's sucked but the music was its saving grace. 

I wore that tape out.

I wore that tape out.

I wore the grooves out on the album.  Had to use a cotton ball with alcohol to even play the record.  Squeeze, The Clash, The Cars, Talking Heads......this music just plays on.   

I wore the grooves out on the album.  Had to use a cotton ball with alcohol to even play the record.  Squeeze, The Clash, The Cars, Talking Heads......this music just plays on.   

Difford and Tillbrook one of the best songwriting duos ever.

Difford and Tillbrook one of the best songwriting duos ever.

I really thought they were going to be the next Lennon McCartney but the recording industry sucks balls and before you knew it, they weren't even a signed band anymore-amazing. Glen Tillbrook is also a great guitarist

I love how we write off a third year qb..who was thrown into a starting job as a rookie that he wasn't ready for.....who has yet to have anything resembling an NFL caliper group of pass catchers around him.......AND who has shown flashes despite, including the last game of the season. It takes two to complete a pass, and now we have guys who can seperate.

Let's see.

And if he really does suck, than Fitz can get it done.

I love how we write off a third year qb..who was thrown into a starting job as a rookie that he wasn't ready for.....who has yet to have anything resembling an NFL caliper group of pass catchers around him.......AND who has shown flashes despite, including the last game of the season. It takes two to complete a pass, and now we have guys who can seperate.

Let's see.

And if he really does suck, than Fitz can get it done.

What are you talking about? We wrote him off as soon as his name was called on draft day.

I really thought they were going to be the next Lennon McCartney but the recording industry sucks balls and before you knew it, they weren't even a signed band anymore-amazing. Glen Tillbrook is also a great guitarist

Agreed. Saw him/them 3 times. Saw Squeeze in A.C. when Glen and Chris were feuding, around 1999. Then the wife and I saw Glen and a piano player named Stephen in a ballroom of a hotel. There were about 150 people there, and about half way through the show he had us all move our chairs and surround them on stage.Being about 5 feet from Glen and singing along with all the songs was one of the highlights of my musical life. Third time was about 3 years ago when Glen and Chris got back together. Was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Chris singing Cool for Cats, and Glen's extended solo on Black Coffee in Bed will live in my mind forever. Always will be one of my favorite bands.

I seriously can't wait until Geno is named the starter. The tears that will be shed here will be high comedy.

From the way you babble about you clearly haven't seen Fitzpatrick play but let me clue you in on something... he sucks. Good QB's don't go to 6 teams before their 33rd birthday. I live in Bills country and "Fitzmagic" had a terrible penchant for throwing an INT at the worst possible time. The difference is he was doing it with better talent than Geno has ever had.

There is a reason the guy who coached him for years scoffed at the notion he would be starting.

In the meantime continue on with your little fantasy where Fitzy is a way better QB then Geno.. it will only serve to make you stay in the fetal position that much longer when Geno gets the nod.

the difference is that Fitz has hit his ceiling.

Archived