I've got a really good feeling about Devin Smith!

Jetster

Peyton manning. Eli manning. Matt Ryan. Andy Dalton. Drew Brees. Phillip Rivers. To name a few. All had more interceptions last year than Geno Smith.

This has to be in the discussion for the very most stupid post ever made on a NY Jets message board.

Geno Smith was the worst QB in the NFL in year 1 and 2 of his career.  The worst.  Maybe it was a perfect storm of reasons why and that in reality he is still going to mature into a good QB BUT outcome that is the longest of long shots at this point.

Comparisons to those other QBs are insulting quite frankly to both the other QBs in your list as well as the posters on this board.  Why not go the whole hog and include Brady, Montana and every other HOF QB while you were at it? 

Whose The Jets Qb again? Jmo until they upgrade the qb position it really isn't going to matter what kind of weapons they have on paper. Skill players are still dependent on that Qb being able to get the ball to them.

I will bet you a jersey that the Jets overall QB rating will be better than the Raiders overall QB rating. If you win I will have shipped to you an official Nike NFL Raiders Jersey. If I win, you have shipped to me an official Nike NY Jets jersey 2XL (probably Leonard Williams).

Do we have a bet? If not... STFU

I will bet you a jersey that the Jets overall QB rating will be better than the Raiders overall QB rating. If you win I will have shipped to you an official Nike NFL Raiders Jersey. If I win, you have shipped to me an official Nike NY Jets jersey 2XL (probably Leonard Williams).

Do we have a bet? If not... STFU

One question do we go with the Qb that played the majority of their teams games. ( which Qb rating you want to use). I hate to take advantage of someone who obviously not thinking this through.

First without doubt the Raiders have the better Qb, and way more weapons in their arsenal than the Jets. So Let me know, but please reconsider make that foolish bet.

One question do we go with the Qb that played the majority of their teams games. ( which Qb rating you want to use). I hate to take advantage of someone who obviously not thinking this through.

First without doubt the Raiders have the better Qb, and way more weapons in their arsenal than the Jets. So Let me know, but please reconsider make that foolish bet.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

We'll go with the QB who plays the most games.... I expect that to be the Amish Rifle.

Game on!

If you keep coming here YEAR AFTER YEAR telling us how good the Raiders will be eventually you will be right. But, considering that the Jets record over the last 10 years makes us look like the the 80s 49ers when compared to the Raiders record over that same period I don't understand why you spend so much time on a Jets message board.

We don't even play in the same division?

There is no reason nor will there ever be for me to visit a Raiders board.

I don't get it.

He's got that Odell beckham jr quality to him doesn't he...

no....not even a bit of it...the comparison came from one catch he made compared to one catch Beckham made...aside from their catches (1 each player) they are nothing alike. If I were going to compare him to a pro it would be something more along the lines of Mike Wallace or Torrey Smith, I think his skill set will be something more along those lines whereas a pro comparison to OBJ would be something along the lines of Steve Smith as he will go up and fight for the ball and usually win (something I don't expect from Devin Smith). Really don't like the comparison of OBJ to Devin Smith I look at them and see two completely different skill sets.

no....not even a bit of it...the comparison came from one catch he made compared to one catch Beckham made...aside from their catches (1 each player) they are nothing alike. If I were going to compare him to a pro it would be something more along the lines of Mike Wallace or Torrey Smith, I think his skill set will be something more along those lines whereas a pro comparison to OBJ would be something along the lines of Steve Smith as he will go up and fight for the ball and usually win (something I don't expect from Devin Smith). Really don't like the comparison of OBJ to Devin Smith I look at them and see two completely different skill sets.

This guy can track the deep ball like nobodies business.  We haven't had one of those on this team in like forever.  I just hope he takes to coaching and they are able to bring him along the right way.  Great 2nd round pick!

Disagree with the bolded part. Look at Smith's games, the guy catches a contested ball, attacks the ball at its highest point and wins jump balls regularly and as well as anybody. He made those QB's look good. You never know what happens at the next level but the guy is a ball player hands down.

He missed 2 games last year and didn't play in the 2nd half of 2 others.  He also had 8 fumbles.  He was also pulled for Michael Vick.  Yes, the currently unemployed Michael Vick.

How many TD's did those guys throw?  How many did Geno throw?  Here, I'll help you out:

Peyton:  39

Brees:  33

Eli:  30

Matt Ryan:  28

Dalton:  19

Geno:  13

That's the difference between elite (Peyton, Brees), above average (Eli, Ryan), average (Dalton) and terrible (Geno), right there for everyone to see.  Even the best can throw a substantial # of picks, but they make up for it with a ton of upside.  Geno has displayed little or no upside, and will need to display some to keep his job.

Geno has displayed tons of upside. He has also shown a bunch of downside. But to say he has not flashed some elite skills is just hate for hates sake.

This guy can track the deep ball like nobodies business.  We haven't had one of those on this team in like forever.  I just hope he takes to coaching and they are able to bring him along the right way.  Great 2nd round pick!

Disagree with the bolded part. Look at Smith's games, the guy catches a contested ball, attacks the ball at its highest point and wins jump balls regularly and as well as anybody. He made those QB's look good. You never know what happens at the next level but the guy is a ball player hands down.

By no means am I unhappy with Devin Smith, I think he is an excellent prospect. I just don't think he will be like OBJ I think they are very different players is all. I mean Julio Jones is nothing like Calvin Johnson but they are both exceptional Wrs in the NFL they just have different play styles.

OBJ is a #1 WR drawing #1 CBs,

Devin Smith is a 3 or 4 WR, drawing 3rd & 4th CBs, I love his chances.

For now! Hopefully he can become a #1 type WR.

OBJ was drawing #2 &#3 CB's after he got off IR or PUP.... Then when he exploded that changed to #1 CB's and he still put up amazing #'s.

Curious to see if he has a sophomore drop-off.... Coaches will have had an entire off-season to game plan and make coverage adjustments.

Whose The Jets Qb again? Jmo until they upgrade the qb position it really isn't going to matter what kind of weapons they have on paper. Skill players are still dependent on that Qb being able to get the ball to them.

Why are you here...? We aren't even in the same division. Every time we do play you,we usually win. I just don't understand? Bills,Pats and Fins fans.. okay I get it. Giant fans even...I get it. But why you lol? Should you be on 49er forums?

Your team has won 11 games over the last 4 years and lose to us regularly without a QB.  

Why are you here talking trash?

Or he could be Lam Jones. Walker had track star speed, but also ran great routes. Being fast is not enough in the NFL

But that's not the scoop on Smith from the scouts. He's considered amazing at tracking footballs & has the speed to get to them & he attacks the ball.

That's about as far away as Johnny Lam Jones was coming out of college as there can be.

This kid long ball stats were OFF THE CHARTS. I'm seeing some really long pass interference calls when Smith gets up to speed.

EVERYONE knew this kid gets deep & coaches couldn't prevent him from getting behind defenses. With Marshall & Decker he's the X factor that will keep DCs up at night.

Can't wait to see this kid in action.

Or he could be Lam Jones. Walker had track star speed, but also ran great routes. Being fast is not enough in the NFL

And when Wesley was young he dropped a lot of deep bombs, wide open.

Lam Jones is a bad comparison, he was an Olympic track star trying to learn how to play football.  He never did.  He was fast and nothing more.  When he wasn't injured.

Why are you here...? We aren't even in the same division. Every time we do play you,we usually win. I just don't understand? Bills,Pats and Fins fans.. okay I get it. Giant fans even...I get it. But why you lol? Should you be on 49er forums?

Preach on brother!  

Archived