Clowney vs Williams

Jetmech

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see if he has the heart and motor to be LT like. I like Williams motor better.

I read some articles where some talent guys said that Leonard Williams is Reggie White-like, talent-wise.  Not Reggie White, but Reggie White- like.  They are always comparing these guys. Still, I liked reading it.

Clowney is the biggest pussy I've ever seen in the history of the NFL. All the talent in the world, no balls.

If it weren't for one big hit in that Michigan game a few years ago, he'd be selling insurance in bum**** South Carolina right about now.

Clowney is the biggest pussy I've ever seen in the history of the NFL. All the talent in the world, no balls.

If it weren't for one big hit in that Michigan game a few years ago, he'd be selling insurance in bum**** South Carolina right about now.

Yeah definitely. Instead he was the number one overall pick, what a bunch of idiots in NFL front offices lol. If only they had you around to set them straight.

He just had microfracture surgery on his knees, give the kid a chance

Anyone else playing on that Texans DLine with JJ Watt, is having a much easier time. He's the most marked guy in the NFL, defence wise. Your only getting singled teamed or at worse a Tackle and T.E. I expect 10 sacks from him. My question can he hold up against the run?

Williams is a much bigger man, and very athletic for his size. He's got more power, and is very stout against the run. I like our guy over Mr YouTube back field tackle video.

Dumb question. Leonard Williams is the greatest underrated and underdrafted prospect ever. He's like a Buddha, covered in hair. Like pizza but only if the toppings were the droppings of Jesus. Singlehandily the greatest pick ever to fall to 6.

Clowney, on the other hand, is David's brother. He is also a pizza but his toppings are rotten olives and the semen of Bette Midler.

Dumb question. Leonard Williams is the greatest underrated and underdrafted prospect ever. He's like a Buddha, covered in hair. Like pizza but only if the toppings were the droppings of Jesus. Singlehandily the greatest pick ever to fall to 6.

Clowney, on the other hand, is David's brother. He is also a pizza but his toppings are rotten olives and the semen of Bette Midler.

is that really his brother?

if we were to go back one year and redraft that 1st pick by Houston I could make the argument that Khalil Mack should have been the choice. 

You had to put THAT out there didn't you?

Once Raiderholic sees this, your post will live on forever in his signature.

There's still time to delete it be4 he sees it!!

Save Yourself!!!

:jawdrop:

Save Yourself!!!

It's not what I think , or what everyone else thinks, but what happens on the football field that matters. Khalil Mack is set up to have a monster year in 2015.( he doesn't have 10 plus sacks in 2015 it would be a failure)

They are playing that Seattle 4-3 under defense . It has a mixture of both the 3-4 defense, and the 4-3 defense. On the strong side ( where Te lines up). they employ Two defense lineman ( Dt) that are more like 3-4 defensive Lineman. ( both responsible for two gaps) Khalil Mack will play strong side Lb - near the line of scrimmage primarily rushing the Qb ( more as Olb in 3-4 ) where he would see the Te and the Rb trying to block him.( almost impossible for a Te to block him). on the weak side you have both defense lineman that play like a 4-3 defense line play( one Gap) .( inside out) 3 Techique Dt responsible for one gap and a defense lineman( Leo) way outside of the Tackle putting pressure on that gap. ( more like 3-4 olb). The strong safety moves up( plays like a Lb where you have every gap covered with the MLB and the Wlb.

:jawdrop:

I found that imagery disturbing, too.

Clowney was insane prospect but from the little ive seen of Williams and the talent on our DLine, I will not not be the least-bit shocked if Williams ends up having a much much better career than clowney.

I found that imagery disturbing, too.

Clowney was insane prospect but from the little ive seen of Williams and the talent on our DLine, I will not not be the least-bit shocked if Williams ends up having a much much better career than clowney.

Clowney and Leo are in ideal situations. Clowney has Watt opposite him and Leo has a "STACKED" line to help coming off the Bench. 

Neither has an excuse to not play well. They will both be seeing 1-on-1 coverage.

Am I the only one that doesn't get the Clowney hate? Guy got injured and people are calling him a bust. Guess that makes Fowler a bust to for tearing his acl.

With that said, in this draft Clowney probably goes third, above Williams.

He has as many sacks as Gholston did his rookie year.

You're lying.

It's not what I think , or what everyone else thinks, but what happens on the football field that matters. Khalil Mack is set up to have a monster year in 2015.( he doesn't have 10 plus sacks in 2015 it would be a failure)

They are playing that Seattle 4-3 under defense . It has a mixture of both the 3-4 defense, and the 4-3 defense. On the strong side ( where Te lines up). they employ Two defense lineman ( Dt) that are more like 3-4 defensive Lineman. ( both responsible for two gaps) Khalil Mack will play strong side Lb - near the line of scrimmage primarily rushing the Qb ( more as Olb in 3-4 ) where he would see the Te and the Rb trying to block him.( almost impossible for a Te to block him). on the weak side you have both defense lineman that play like a 4-3 defense line play( one Gap) .( inside out) 3 Techique Dt responsible for one gap and a defense lineman( Leo) way outside of the Tackle putting pressure on that gap. ( more like 3-4 olb). The strong safety moves up( plays like a Lb where you have every gap covered with the MLB and the Wlb.

So in 2014 he had 4 sacks as a rookie, and you're looking for 10+ this year? 

Do you think this write-up is fair? Kids a very good young player, but if the DL isn't getting a push it makes it difficult on him. They'll  chip him with the TE and have one of the OL pick him up since there are no DLmen requiring a double team.... IMO.

I think 8 sacks would be a good # for him.

• Bill Williamson, ESPN Staff Writer

Now that the NFL draft is in the books, most NFL rosters are set. The Oakland Raiders, like most teams, will add some players here and there.

For all intent and purposes, the look of the roster in September is similar to what it is now. Let’s take a look at some of the worry spots for Oakland after the draft:

PASS RUSHER

The Raiders had 22 sacks last season, tied for the second fewest last season. They had seven sacks from their defensive ends, which was the lowest in the NFL. Oakland drafted Florida State’s Mario Edwards Jr. in the second round. Edwards is known for being more of a run stopper, as he had eight sacks in three college seasons, including three in 2014. Oakland drafted Max Valles of Virginia, who had eight sacks last season, in the sixth round. He is a project. The Raiders will use 2014 first-round pick, Khalil Mack, at defensive end some as well as at outside linebacker. He must bring most of the pass-rush spark.

DEFENSIVE BACK

The Raiders’ top cornerbacks are DJ HaydenTJ Carrie and Keith McGill. They have a combined total of 15 starts. None are proven. Oakland could perhaps opt to bring back free-agent Tarell Brown as some insurance. The Raiders didn’t take a safety despite looking for one in free agency.

Save Yourself!!!

lmao! Though I dont commonly toot the horn of other teams, I must admit, I really love what the Raiders have done in the draft the past two years. And though I was never really high on their free agency moves (Though I incorrectly thought getting Matt Shaub would pay dividends) I really liked the direction they've gone in the draft. Khalil Mack is a beast. If he ends up with the better career between him and Clowney It may not have to be because Clowney didnt reach expectations...Mack looks like he could be a perennial all-pro not too far down the road. Dude is scary. 

I silently root for the Raiders. They've been bad for a long time. Not as long as the Jets, but the time is noticeable lol. 

Holy sh*t. I think you spent a little too much time on this. lol

So in 2014 he had 4 sacks as a rookie, and you're looking for 10+ this year?

Do you think this write-up is fair? Kids a very good young player, but if the DL isn't getting a push it makes it difficult on him. They'll chip him with the TE and have one of the OL pick him up since there are no DLmen requiring a double team.... IMO.

I think 8 sacks would be a good # for him.

• Bill Williamson, ESPN Staff Writer
Now that the NFL draft is in the books, most NFL rosters are set. The Oakland Raiders, like most teams, will add some players here and there.

For all intent and purposes, the look of the roster in September is similar to what it is now. Let’s take a look at some of the worry spots for Oakland after the draft:

PASS RUSHER

The Raiders had 22 sacks last season, tied for the second fewest last season. They had seven sacks from their defensive ends, which was the lowest in the NFL. Oakland drafted Florida State’s Mario Edwards Jr. in the second round. Edwards is known for being more of a run stopper, as he had eight sacks in three college seasons, including three in 2014. Oakland drafted Max Valles of Virginia, who had eight sacks last season, in the sixth round. He is a project. The Raiders will use 2014 first-round pick, Khalil Mack, at defensive end some as well as at outside linebacker. He must bring most of the pass-rush spark.

DEFENSIVE BACK

The Raiders’ top cornerbacks are DJ Hayden, TJ Carrie and Keith McGill. They have a combined total of 15 starts. None are proven. Oakland could perhaps opt to bring back free-agent Tarell Brown as some insurance. The Raiders didn’t take a safety despite looking for one in free agency.

It's a fair article if they were going to play last year defense. The defense is total different , and putting the players in much better position to be successful . ( two guys who will benefit the most is K Mack and Benson Mayowa)

Here is an article that will explain what there defense will be like- looks like that what it will be- pay attention. How the defense line lines up). http://sportsrants.com/nfl/2015/02/07/addition-ken-norton-jr-means-raiders-defense/.

K Mack last year was very close ( was putting the heat on the Qb but just wasn't getting there - was basically tackled on five plays where he totally beat the tackle- didn't get the call. Look at the top pass rushers their rookie year to second year( had greatest jump). He going to be lined up at Sam lb outside of the Left tackle or Rt( depending where the Te lines up). that means the Te and the Rb will be picking him up( played at 253 last year, is 265 now- ask Gronk how hard it was to block Mack- threw him around like a Rag doll).

K Mack Doesn't get 10 plus sacks in 2015 the season was a failure. benson Mayowa (again watch how Seatttle defense Leo lines up) surprisingly was very good run defender but didn't get to the Qb they had hoped in 2014. He is much better fit at Leo position- came from Seattle defense. where he went up against the left tackle last year. He's going to line much wider from the tackle ( more space - fit his style way better. he should have 8 sacks in 2015.( failure if he does't have that many)

Where the Raiders made the biggest addition is they now have so many fast lb that Specialize in coverage( some could even play safety) Name to watch also as pass rusher is Neiron Ball who hwon't start , but he is very fast twitched athlete who will do a wonder for their pass rush.( he can cover but he will be used primarily rushing the passer)

the Raiders have assembled the biggest ( tallest set of Cb- only one Cb under 6'- Hayden) It isn't by accident. as those guys are going to play cover three , bail technique sometimes press coverge - use their great height to make it hard to make it hard for the Qb to throw over them. see Keith McGill 6'3 215 hardly played In 2014, but in this defense it fits his skills a lot better.( what they are going to ask their cb to do in this defense)

Archived