Bills giving tryout to Wayne Hunter LMFAO

joewilly12

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex Ryan says Wayne Hunter will sign with Buffalo Bills

At  the close of the Buffalo Bills' final offseason team activity on Thursday, head coach Rex Ryan told reporters that he is expecting the team to sign free agent offensive tackle Wayne Hunter at some point before training camp.

Hunter, who turns 34 on July 2, had spent the past two days practicing with the Bills during their mandatory minicamp, albeit on a tryout basis. When he signs, he'll immediately become the second-oldest player on Buffalo's roster, behind only running back Fred Jackson (who turned 34 in February).

Ryan is familiar with Hunter, having coached him during his first three seasons with theNew York Jets from 2009-11. Eventually, during the 2012 preseason, the Jets grew weary of Hunter's iffy performances, removing him as their starting right tackle and then trading him to the St. Louis Rams for former No. 2 overall pick Jason Smith. Hunter spent one season with the Rams, was released by the team prior to the 2013 season, and has not been in the NFL for the past two years.

Given the most recent years on his CV, it is excessively difficult to imagine Hunter making the Bills' final 53-man roster. But if Ryan wants a veteran player with a good work ethic to be in the same meeting rooms as Cyrus Kouandjio and Seantrel Henderson, then the eventual signing at least makes a modicum of sense.

www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2015/6/18/8805877/rex-ryan-wayne-hunter-signs-buffalo-bills-cyrus-kouandjio

But I thought he has absolutely no voice on personnel decisions?

So you have somebody (Rex) who's clueless when it comes to the offensive side of the ball making decisions on offensive personnel?

:rl:

But I thought he has absolutely no voice on personnel decisions?

So you have somebody (Rex) who's clueless when it comes to the offensive side of the ball making decisions on offensive personnel?

:rl:

From what I understand,  it's a team effort where Whaley and Ryan work together.  

Admit you returned just to make a post with "sperm" and "burst" directed at King Gargler there.

I admit it. I also added to your reputation for the despicable personal attack on King Gargler LOL. personal attacks (especially the despicable kind) are always welcomed when directed at Tom Shane :)

From what I understand,  it's a team effort where Whaley and Ryan work together.  

Poor Whaley. you know when Hunter fails Rex will say it was ALL WHALEYS FAULT!!!! 

This isnt our first rodeo with this jackass. unfortunately for you and your beloved Bills, it is :)

Poor Whaley. you know when Hunter fails Rex will say it was ALL WHALEYS FAULT!!!! 

This isnt our first rodeo with this jackass. unfortunately for you and your beloved Bills, it is :)

It's a little depressing to see what's happening.  

What's the scoop at Bills Mafia?

Not a word.  However, according to the Buffalo News,  he is now on our team.  The talk yesterday and this AM on Bills Mafia is about EJ Manuel.   He's did really well yesterday.  

Jeanie your on a Jet board that enjoys killing Rex 24-7 it's what some Jet fans live for don't let it get you down.. :winking0001:

I'm sorry, should she be excited about the Wayne Hunter signing just because Rex is a great guy and all?

Jeanie your on a Jet board that enjoys killing Rex 24-7 it's what some Jet fans live for don't let it get you down.. :winking0001:

Thank you Savage.  I needed to be reminded that I am here.  However,  I am not excited about Hunter.  The good news is that EJ looks like he is making great strides.  He had an outstanding day yesterday.  I would love to see this kid make it as our starting QB.  

seems posters jabbing fun at rex and the bills for picking up a swing tackle, this late in the off season mind you, need look no further than the jets right tackle position for a chuckle. they  need to be reminded that breno is not that much better than hunter. and who is backing up breno? 3/4 of the posters on this board couldn't answer without doing a search

It's okay jeaniec, Hunter and Mulligan are the guys that helped us win 4 games, not lose 12. So to speak.

Thank you Integrity,   I'm just a little inquisitive as to why we would hire Hunter who has been off for a year but more importantly 34 years old.  

I'm sorry, should she be excited about the Wayne Hunter signing just because Rex is a great guy and all?

Teams collect camp fodder this time of year if he's a starter in game one then I would agree.. I give you credit for hating Rex even when we were winning and loving the Tuna even when the idiot put in Rick Mirer when Vinny went down in 1999 and not Lucas..LOL

Teams collect camp fodder this time of year if he's a starter in game one then I would agree.. I give you credit for hating Rex even when we were winning and loving the Tuna even when the idiot put in Rick Mirer when Vinny went down in 1999 and not Lucas..LOL

Actually he put in tom tupa and he threw a td to Keyshawn on the very next play

Thank you Integrity,   I'm just a little inquisitive as to why we would hire Hunter who has been off for a year but more importantly 34 years old.  

Coaches get hired. Players get signed.

Rex had his GM sign (or acquire) several players that hadn't been on the field in a few years while he was here, most notably Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress. Rex's reasoning was, to paraphrase, "look what they did 2-3 years ago, or in the 20 seconds of film I've watched on them".

Rex having any involvement in the makeup of your roster is not good for the long-term, may not even be good for the short-term. Rex is a 3-trick pony. He is a great motivator for short stints, he can pump up the fans for 1-2 seasons, and he knows how to do what his father taught him, which is to scheme his defense to attack the protection of the QB, not the QB himself. He really has no business making decisions on who the team should and should not acquire as well as who should and should not start. He's not a good head coach. He's a good coordinator. 

We've been trying to explain this.

We've been trying to explain this 

And,  I think I am beginning to understand.   It's pretty difficult for me to place 100% of the blame on Rex for what happened over the past couple of years with the Jets.  I just remember all of the negativity about Idzik.  I also believe,  towards the end,  Johnson sided with Idzik and against Ryan.  Am I correct in my assumption  (Idzik/Johnson)?  |For the most part,  I am pleased with the players we've signed.  However,  a 34 year old who has not played for a while is a concern of mine.  

Thank you Integrity, I'm just a little inquisitive as to why we would hire Hunter who has been off for a year but more importantly 34 years old.

Hunter won't be the last player you question Rex's loyalty to. I can promise you that.

And,  I think I am beginning to understand.   It's pretty difficult for me to place 100% of the blame on Rex for what happened over the past couple of years with the Jets.  I just remember all of the negativity about Idzik.  I also believe,  towards the end,  Johnson sided with Idzik and against Ryan.  Am I correct in my assumption  (Idzik/Johnson)?  |For the most part,  I am pleased with the players we've signed.  However,  a 34 year old who has not played for a while is a concern of mine.  

The problems with the RexJets started before Idzik. Idzik's final year just punctuated the fact that we weren't going to outrun 5 years of roster neglect.

Woody didn't side with either of them, which is why they both got fired. 

So, your assumption is inaccurate.

I definitely remember Wayne Hunter he was obviously the worst offensive tackle I have ever seen. He couldn't block a tree standing still he was so bad. I felt bad for the quarterback behind center who had to deal with a really incompetent offensive lineman such as Hunter. He was one of the reasons why the jets didn't do so well in the 2011 season because every time the linebacker he was guarding went past him and got to the quarterback. I remember most of the time his awful blocking made it easy for the opposition to get to Mark Sanchez quickly. those were some bad  memories especially that Baltimore game with their defense. The fact that Rex Ryan thinks he's good to sign him with the bills is really comical. I hope Wayne Hunter starts for Buffalo just for the fact that when the Jets play the Bills the Linebacker matched up against Hunter will get past him and tackle the quarterback because then the Jets can exploit the weakness of the O-Line which Wayne Hunter will be. Lets go Jets!

And, I think I am beginning to understand. It's pretty difficult for me to place 100% of the blame on Rex for what happened over the past couple of years with the Jets. I just remember all of the negativity about Idzik. I also believe, towards the end, Johnson sided with Idzik and against Ryan. Am I correct in my assumption (Idzik/Johnson)? |For the most part, I am pleased with the players we've signed. However, a 34 year old who has not played for a while is a concern of mine.

As you know I admire the Bills after having lived there during their championship runs. But the key which some miss is that it is not the signing of players that is the problem it is the lack of a coherent organizational development plan as to what Rex and hence the team is looking for.

You get it, you don't sign underachieving OL men who haven't played in a year when you can sign even a long shot developmental player in his stead. Folks can defend him all they like but Rex even extends this foolishness to his coaching staff. He had several key positional coaches who were woefully inadequate.

Rex even hired friends who didn't work hard according to published reports and even drafted a player no one thought should be drafted because he was a friend of an underperforming Sanchez.

I wish Rex well but he needs to be firmly directed if he and the Bills are gong t have any long term success.

Rex Ryan once got leg tattooed to woo Wayne Hunter

1d

Back in 2011, when Hunter was a free agent during the NFL lockout, Rex Ryan took extreme measures to keep Hunter on the New York Jets.

According to the 2013 book "Collision Low Crossers," which followed the Ryan-era Jets, Ryan tattooed his leg with a Hawaiian tribal marking to help woo Hunter back.

The tattoo apparently means "believe in yourself."

This time, all it took for Hunter to rejoin Ryan was a two-day minicamp tryout.

Rex Ryan once got leg tattooed to woo Wayne Hunter

1d

Back in 2011, when Hunter was a free agent during the NFL lockout, Rex Ryan took extreme measures to keep Hunter on the New York Jets.

According to the 2013 book "Collision Low Crossers," which followed the Ryan-era Jets, Ryan tattooed his leg with a Hawaiian tribal marking to help woo Hunter back.

The tattoo apparently means "believe in yourself."

This time, all it took for Hunter to rejoin Ryan was a two-day minicamp tryout.

Bills fans don't deserve this, wish he was hired by Oakland or Miami.

This just in--no offer for Hunter, another FA they had in this week was more impressive and got the spot and will work for pocket change:

waist-height-turnstile-resized-600.jpg

Maybe opposing pass rushers will be morons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbWg-mozGsU

Archived