One more QB thread; who would you rather? Sanchez/Smith

LIJetsFan

If this has been discussed before then mods please close this thread:

We're all Jets fans so we're all intimately familiar with both QB's.  They both stink but an argument can be made that both show improved play when surrounded by better weapons/OLs.  Both still have some upside (I suppose).  Both might benefit under Gaily as their OC and being  rid of Rex.  

So which QB would get us more W's this year?  I'm asking the question because I really can't decide and besides it's the summer doldrum and there is nothing better to do.  So, chose your poison, Sanchez or Smith under a Gailey run center?

Thanks in advance for your indulgence :)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would I rather get stabbed in the balls or shot in the dick? Idk, either one sucks :) lol

Seriously though at this point I think Geno has more potential to grow. We kind of already know what Sanchez is and isnt, but he would probably be the better choice for just this season.....going forward overall though I'd take my chances with Geno in hopes he can develop into a more consistent play maker.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Would I rather get stabbed in the balls or shot in the dick? Idk, either one sucks :) lol

Seriously though at this point I think Geno has more potential to grow. We kind of already know what Sanchez is and isnt, but he would probably be the better choice for just this season.....going forward overall though I'd take my chances with Geno in hopes he can develop into a more consistent play maker.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

OMG I LOLED!!!!!

Sanchez

You know, at this point I'm starting to lean towards Sanchez too.  If that's the case then we have one more thing to thank Tanny for (NOT) and that is the asinine contract extension he gave Sanchez which priced him right off the team.  ie I would have preferred Sanchez over Vick last year to say the very least.    

We've seen Sanchez in what, 3 different systems?  with weapons, behind a loaded OL and with the support of the best running game and defense in the league and he still sucks.  

We've seen Geno Smith play on 2 of the worst assembled rosters in the history of the NFL and in one terrible system.  So, I'd like to see what Geno can do in a new system with better weapons at receiver and Rb and a beefed up OL.

So, to answer the question, Geno.

It is "weppinzzz" not "weapons" and Sanchez and Geno would both be Bart Starr with better supporting cast. For proof read these forums.

I did as you said, and the first thing I realized is that you left out a comma. "For proof, read these forums." 

I did as you said, and the first thing I realized is that you left out a comma. "For proof, read these forums." 

thanks for pointing that out as the use of the comma has always befuddled me and others that i know because we usually just think in stream of consciousness not unlike William Faulkner and therefore that is how i write.

We've seen Sanchez in what, 3 different systems?  with weapons, behind a loaded OL and with the support of the best running game and defense in the league and he still sucks.  

We've seen Geno Smith play on 2 of the worst assembled rosters in the history of the NFL and in one terrible system.  So, I'd like to see what Geno can do in a new system with better weapons at receiver and Rb and a beefed up OL.

So, to answer the question, Geno.

12-20 record with two of the worst rosters in NFL history.  Normally that would mean hero status ... except that he was lowest rated quarterback in the NFL those two seasons. Maybe he's the weakest link?

I'd have to give the slight edge to Sanchez because of the experience and the simple fact that Geno hasn't proved anything as of now.  Mark with this team I believe we have a great shot of making the playoffs.  Geno on the other hand, I'm just not sure.  

I'd have to give the slight edge to Sanchez because of the experience and the simple fact that Geno hasn't proved anything as of now.  Mark with this team I believe we have a great shot of making the playoffs.  Geno on the other hand, I'm just not sure.  

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

photo-28300.jpg?_r=1434653289

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

photo-28300.jpg?_r=1434653289

That's my girl Ava Fiore.  If you have instagram, you need to follow her.  Just google cleats and cleavage.

Archived