" Colin Kaepernick to the Jets ? " ? ? ?

kelly

Not sure how much I trust advanced stats though.  I'm not convinced you can boil a player into a ranking based on stats. 

Plain NFL QB rating for 2014

#9 Ryan Fitzpatrick 95.3

#18 Mark Sanchez 88.3

#22 Colin Kaepernick 86.4

@34 Geno Smith 77.5

Kaps career numbers are 25-14, comp % of 60+, 8415 yes, 50 TDs, 21 INTs and a QB rating of 90.6. Everything fell apart in SF last year with Harbaugh's situation. I'd take this in a minute.

If we could get him for Mo, a 2nd and Geno that would work, worth it

Mo, a 2nd and Geno?? Are you for real?

I would think hard about just Geno straight up for Crappernick.

The whole team fell apart in SF last season. They were 7-4 and then the bottom fell out. Kap would be an upgrade for the NY Jets at the QB position. There is a lot of smoke around trading Mo.

At this price it is too high for the zjets to pay. I can clearly see Kap out of SF just on his salary alone. They look to be in rebuild mode. Right now the NY Jets are built to win except at QB.

As much as people complain about the OL, the Jets can smash mouth with any team. That fact alone should show where the hole in this team is.

Maybe Wilk straight up---no Number One.  Guy has been to the SB and the Conference Championships.  HIs TD to INT rate is good. And he has an arm.  He is not just a pair of legs.  He is not as mistake prone as Geno and he has beaten good teams.  He is not one of the best,, but we are not going to get one of the best.

I have never liked Kaepernick, but you guys are getting a little crazy.  We don't have Mo for 2 years cheap.  He gets $7M this year and then we'd have to franchise him for what will probably be over $15M.  IMO, Kaepernick's contract is much more team friendly than people think.  Sure he gets the kind of money you guys didn't want to give Russell Wilson, but there is no real dead money.  He certainly seems like the kind of guy that Gailey could work with, but Gailey is like 79 years old.  How many guys are going to want him to turn around?  Everybody will probably be much less high on Gailey as miracle worker if he fails with Geno.  If he doesn't, why give him Kaep?

Your flaw is that he isn't a top 15 guy.  If we're giving up our 2016 1st and Wilk, it had better be for the top QB in the 2016 draft class or a QB who is already top 10.  Like Brees or Rivers.

Kapernick is better than anyone here, but that isn't saying much. ANd not nearly that big of an upgrade to justify giving up these assets.

Muhammad Wilkerson is not going to see a big contract from the Jets. Having him, Richardson and Williams is a luxury. Kaepernick's deal is not a killer and even in a "disastrous" year last year, he had a two to one TD to INT ratio. Plus, he ran for 650 yards and got 28 first downs with his legs alone.

Tough choice between having that and giving Geno another season to find himself, but I'd do it.

The New York Jets have made some great moves to rebuilding there team in 2015, however one position that is still up in the air is the team’s starting QB.However, depending on how things go this season the Jets might look to make a move on a player like Colin Kaepernick.

According to The Big Lead, when the 49ers take the field for the first time in 2015 they will not look like the same team they were in 2014. They lost about a half a dozen starters via free agency and retirement. The biggest holdover from that era is QB Colin Kaepernick, who the 49ers gave a lot of money to in the summer of 2014. He proceeded to regress badly, which could be part of Harbaugh’s ugly situation.

John Clayton of ESPN writes if the 49ers find themselves in a situation where the team goes 5-11 they might be tempted to trade Kaepernick to a quarterback starved franchise, like the Jets, for the right price.

The Jets Top 15 pick in the 2016 draft and Muhammad Wilkerson (who fills the Justin Smith void) is a good jumping off point. The Jets might have to toss in one more middle-round pick to make it work.

Wilkerson is certainly a great option to build a major trade around,and depending on how Geno Smith plays this season Jets fans will get a better idea of what the future may hold for their franchise.The Jets might not be willing to give up as much as the 49ers would be looking for, and there no telling if Niners will truly fall apart in 2015. But, expect some sort of trade talk rumbles to happen if things don’t go their way.

> http://nyc.suntimes.com/new-york-jets/7/86/226557/colin-kaepernick-jets

One more reason Clayton is a joke and should retire. Wilkerson is a much better player than Kap.

An above-average QB is greater or equal in value than an above-average DL, particularly when the DL on this team is already stocked and the Jets are in need of a franchise QB.

I'd pull the trigger on this in a second. The DL will survive with Sheldon, Williams and Snacks for the foreseeable future. The Jets will not survive with Geno Smith. Big difference.

An above-average QB is greater or equal in value than an above-average DL, particularly when the DL on this team is already stocked and the Jets are in need of a franchise QB.

I'd pull the trigger on this in a second. The DL will survive with Sheldon, Williams and Snacks for the foreseeable future. The Jets will not survive with Geno Smith. Big difference.

Sounds great except for the fact that he isn't an above average QB.

@RichCimini What is the possibility of the Jets trading for Colin Kaeprnick ?

~ ~ @RichCimini : Our man John Clayton recently raised the possibility of the 49ers dealing Kaepernick in 2016, so your question is worth examining. It's also intriguing to note the Jets could have a huge bargaining chip next offseason if they don't sign Muhammad Wilkerson to a long-term extension. Interesting, yes? OK, now for a dose of reality: The stars would have to be aligned a certain way to put a Kaepernick trade within the realm of possibility. Obviously, the Jets would have to be done with Geno Smith (hardly a farfetched notion) and have little or no faith in Bryce Petty. Kaepernick would have to have a bad season, because why else would the 49ers want to dump a 28-year-old starter and start over at quarterback? Money, I suppose, could be a factor, as Kaepernick's cap charge in 2016 is $16.8 million. He'd have four years, $67.8 million left on his deal, but his 2016 base ($11.9 million) doesn't become fully guaranteed until April 1 -- so there's a window to move him. Bottom line: It's a total long shot at this point, but not an utterly crazy idea.

> http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/52108/could-colin-kaepernick-be-in-the-new-york-jets-future

the 9ers have 1 player a  fan might want to pay $400 to take a family to the game to watch.

I bet they don't trade him for an effective run stopping DE who needs a huge long term deal

Mo, In return for a possibly regressing QB already signed to a possibly very bad deal, may be a deal the 49er's take.

But I wouldn't include a 2016 1st.  That's insane.

Mo, In return for a possibly regressing QB already signed to a possibly very bad deal, may be a deal the 49er's take.

But I wouldn't include a 2016 1st. That's insane.

49ers are in meltdown mode we might be able to get Kaep for a 2nd rd pick by next seasons trade deadline

Kap is a career 60% passer with a 90 QBR.

He can make all the throws and is always a threat to run.

He is NOT a a Vick clone. He is bigger stronger and can take the hits running will bring.

There is no one on the current roster even close to him in talent.

He is better than any young QB the NYJ have had since Kenny O

If they have any chance of getting him they should leap.

His game fell off a bit last year buy maybe it was because of the Harbaugh distractions all season.

Kap is a career 60% passer with a 90 QBR.

He can make all the throws and is always a threat to run.

He is NOT a a Vick clone. He is bigger stronger and can take the hits running will bring.

There is no one on the current roster even close to him in talent.

He is better than any young QB the NYJ have had since Kenny O

If they have any chance of getting him they should leap.

His game fell off a bit last year buy maybe it was because of the Harbaugh distractions all season.

My problem with Kap is he has no touch on his throws. He'd throw everything fast and low even if it was a receiver wide open running a drag route he would screw that up.

I'm also concerned what would happen to him without Harbaugh guiding him.

My problem with Kap is he has no touch on his throws. He'd throw everything fast and low even if it was a receiver wide open running a drag route he would screw that up.

I'm also concerned what would happen to him without Harbaugh guiding him.

The element of risk is alway present in these type deals whether it be a high draft pick or trading for an established player.

FWIW I dont see anything wrong with how he throws the football and as far as him missing Harbaugh guiding him who the hell knows.

At this stage of his career with his talent he should seriously be ready to take his game to the next level and if he does that he can be a top 5 QB easily. 

The element of risk is alway present in these type deals whether it be a high draft pick or trading for an established player.

FWIW I dont see anything wrong with how he throws the football and as far as him missing Harbaugh guiding him who the hell knows.

At this stage of his career with his talent he should seriously be ready to take his game to the next level and if he does that he can be a top 5 QB easily.

Did you watch him last year? He was not good I don't understand how you could be so optimistic with him he was Geno with a great offensive coach directing him and a better roster

I'm also concerned he's a one read quarterback and Harbaugh was able to hide that the first couple seasons and after that defenses figured it out.

Did you watch him last year? He was not good I don't understand how you could be so optimistic with him he was Geno with a great offensive coach directing him and a better roster

I'm also concerned he's a one read quarterback and Harbaugh was able to hide that the first couple seasons and after that defenses figured it out.

The whole 49er's team sagged last year. Not just Kap.

I really believe the Harbaugh circus was a major  distraction.

Why consider Harbaugh a great offensive coach??

They never cracked the top 10 statisitically with him as HC and Roman as OC.

The won more because of defense and will miss Vic Fangio. (Replaced with Mangini hahahahaha)

Mentioning Geno And Kap in the same sentence is sinful. ☺

The whole 49er's team sagged last year. Not just Kap.

I really believe the Harbaugh circus was a major distraction.

Why consider Harbaugh a great offensive coach??

They never cracked the top 10 statisitically with him as HC and Roman as OC.

The won more because of defense and will miss Vic Fangio. (Replaced with Mangini hahahahaha)

Mentioning Geno And Kap in the same sentence is sinful. ☺

And you think Kap'splay had nothing to do with the niners sucking last year? Harbaugh is great QB developer just ask Alex Smith he absolutely sucked before Harbaugh.

And you think Kap'splay had nothing to do with the niners sucking last year? Harbaugh is great QB developer just ask Alex Smith he absolutely sucked before Harbaugh.

If you want to blame Kaps play on the 49ers fall last year thats fine. We all know how its always the QBs  fault. However, on the other  hand can you really tout Harbaugh as the Great Quarteback Developer in one sentence and then go on to point out how horrible Kapernick is?? Did he undevolop him last year?

He's got better wheels than Geno. Or, at least he uses his legs more/better. Aside from that though, yep.

Archived