Does Revis get "Cheered" or "Bronx Cheer" coming out of Tunnel Game 1?

32EBoozer

Fan Reaction to Revis walking out of the Tunnel Game 1  

96 members have voted

1. 1. After "Holdouts", SB win with "Cheats and $17 mil salary... How do the fans react?

• Standing "O" and Cheer!
    • Bronx Cheer!
    • Mixed Bag

Tebow?

And Revis will be cheered big time. Looking forward to his first introduction running out of the tunnel.

He didn't want to leave. Wanted to come back but Idzik was too cheap. Sure he won with the Patsies, but he also just left em with a HUGE hole in the secondary. A hole even bad QBs can take advantage of. This is looking like a fun year.

How could you have booed Tebow? He's such a nice guy and wanted nothing more than to help the team win.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As pissed as I am at him for how he handled his contract negotiations..... our prodigal son has returned!

Prodigal means wasteful.

Revis made a ton of money and won a ring while he was gone.  Unless he gambled all that money away and sold off his Super Bowl ring on eBay, I'd say he did pretty well for himself.

Also, what a weird thread. I forgot how loopy this place gets in June and July.

Haha..it's better than another Geno thread. I'll be cheering Revis for sure! The fan base is ready to explode with excitement...opening day is gonna be loud, loud, loud

Personally, I think fireman Ed should leas the team out of the tunnel, followed by Charlie casserly and Maccagnan carried by slaves dressed in white togas as flowers rain down from the arena..

Let's see....Steals Woody's money, which is technically ours if you think about it...has demands as if the machine can't just wait him out....usually dishonorably holds out despite what a PRIVELEGE it is to have his job, created by a legendary job creator of lore....Boo him until the cows come home. He is way too uppity and you worry that he is poisoning the young minds in the locker room.

Let's see was paid what he was worth by Woody and was traded away so that he wouldn't be able to use his buy out, if he even wanted to, became a FA after being cut loose by the Bucs, was ignored by Idzik after there was some hint from his camp that he would like to come back to the Jets and then signed with the Pats, the only team to make an offer, talked to no one else after the Pats cut him loose and resigned here

Yeah boo that sequence. If you're clueless.

Tebow?

And Revis will be cheered big time. Looking forward to his first introduction running out of the tunnel.

He didn't want to leave. Wanted to come back but Idzik was too cheap. Sure he won with the Patsies, but he also just left em with a HUGE hole in the secondary. A hole even bad QBs can take advantage of. This is looking like a fun year.

I don't get why fans blame him for signing with the Pats and want to hold it against him. He was a FA, had let it get out he was interested in a Jet return, Idzik turned his back on that. So he was supposed tom stay loyal to the team that didn't want him, basically said no to him twice and sit out? It's such a silly )fan based idea that a player would turn down the money because they're a rival team.

I don't get why fans blame him for signing with the Pats and want to hold it against him. He was a FA, had let it get out he was interested in a Jet return, Idzik turned his back on that. So he was supposed tom stay loyal to the team that didn't want him, basically said no to him twice and sit out? It's such a silly )fan based idea that a player would turn down the money because they're a rival team.

Domino effect! His actions led the organization down a path to cutting ties with him!

He carries the larger share of the burden in my eyes.

Revis 60%(Holdouts); Tannenbaum 30%.(for giving him that last Band Aid contract & Sanchez contract);Woody 10% (Idzik hire)

Never should have come to the place where he had to leave!

Domino effect! His actions led the organization down a path to cutting ties with him!

He carries the larger share of the burden in my eyes.

Revis 60%(Holdouts); Tannenbaum 30%.(for giving him that last Band Aid contract & Sanchez contract);Woody 10% (Idzik hire)

Never should have come to the place where he had to leave!

He held out once. All the rest was on the Jets, whether we're talking about the team trying to screw him and played with the number of years on the rookie deal or thinking he might opt out so they traded him.

There's no holdouts.

He held out once. All the rest was on the Jets, whether we're talking about the team trying to screw him and played with the number of years on the rookie deal or thinking he might opt out so they traded him.

There's no holdouts.

He held out as a rookie, he came into year 4 with a "Mystery" hamstring issue(not participating in camp) which forced the Band Aid contract from Tanny.... He then made it very clear he wanted "Big Money" and was ready to hit FA.

That's what forced Idzik and Woody's hand in trading him.

Happy he's back.... but it should not have been problem in the first place

He held out as a rookie, he came into year 4 with a "Mystery" hamstring issue(not participating in camp) which forced the Band Aid contract from Tanny.... He then made it very clear he wanted "Big Money" and was ready to hit FA.

That's what forced Idzik and Woody's hand in trading him.

Happy he's back.... but it should not have been problem in the first place

Revis didn't hold out as a rookie in a traditional sense. Tanny tried to play with the terms of the contract after they agreed to money per and bonus money. Wanted him to take a deal different than the going rate to control his years as a jet player before hitting free agency. Revis would have been a fool to take a 5 year deal like that when everyone wasn't. Then the union would have killed him. It's not like he was a traditional holdout looking for more money. This one was totally on the Jets. Holding out once over the years he was here, as good as he was, as underpaid as they feel in the tail end of a rookie contract, not seeing him as an issue. It's part of the business to me.

Regardless, I'm also happy he's back

• 4 weeks later...

Revis didn't hold out as a rookie in a traditional sense. Tanny tried to play with the terms of the contract after they agreed to money per and bonus money. Wanted him to take a deal different than the going rate to control his years as a jet player before hitting free agency. Revis would have been a fool to take a 5 year deal like that when everyone wasn't. Then the union would have killed him. It's not like he was a traditional holdout looking for more money. This one was totally on the Jets. Holding out once over the years he was here, as good as he was, as underpaid as they feel in the tail end of a rookie contract, not seeing him as an issue. It's part of the business to me.

Regardless, I'm also happy he's back

Tannenbaum deserves credit for trying to extend the deal.  He didn't pull that sh*t with Wilson, Gholston or any of the others.

Archived