New York Rangers 2015-2016 Season.

Morrissey

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you Ranger fans feel about Hagelin as a Penguin now?

About the same as Callahan, Boyle and Stralman going to Tampa last year. They were appreciated for their time and effort.

I don't know what happened with Hagelin in Anaheim. I thought it was a good place for him but I guess not. I think he will be fine in Pittsburgh as a second or third line winger and will help on penalty kills. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nice comeback win against the Wild. Philly today in a matinee.

It's going to be a MAD SCRAMBLE for the playoffs this year.

Washington is sitting pretty, and so is Florida, to a lesser extent. After that, it's a dogfight for playoff position.

• 2 weeks later...

Well in case anyone hasn't noticed. The Rangers despite all their horrific defensive play (Staal and Yandle) are back to winning again. Nice win over the Flyers, busted up Wayne Simmonds a bit, and continue to win at home. (Despite the brutal loss to the Kings on Friday night)

Right now the Rangers have are tied with Florida with the second most points in the East. Sooner or later the Caps have to hit a dry spell. 

Don't they ?

Another big test on Wednesday when Chicago comes to town

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Trade Yandle?  I sure hope so.  He's good but we need to think long-term.  We gave up a potential young star in Duclair.  We need to get one back this year.

I don't think it is going to happen. With McDonaugh and Staal both hurt right now I don't think the Rangers can afford to deal Yandle. 

They need something though. Last night they were good for the first period and then went in the tank again. There is no consistency with this group for whatever reason. Injuries, maybe just a lack of fire right in their belly's. I don't know. 

All I know is that this team minus St.Louis and Hagelin basically should not be as bad as they have been at times this year.

I think he got banged up when McDonagh hit him. He was trying to get the linesman attention but when he was basically ignored he took matters in his own hands. LOL

Neck Spasms from what I am hearing. They called up a goalie from the minors so i am not sure if he is even playing tonight.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:57 AM, faba said:

Rangers have proven to be resilient for sure- it all comes down to playoff time anyway though

We're about ten days away from the beginning of the playoffs- the second season.

IMHO this Ranger team has been up and down and not as talented overall as last year's team, or the year before that.

But, it is going to be interesting to see how the final standings go, and what the first round matchups will be.

1 hour ago, JetCane said:

We're about ten days away from the beginning of the playoffs- the second season.

IMHO this Ranger team has been up and down and not as talented overall as last year's team, or the year before that.

But, it is going to be interesting to see how the final standings go, and what the first round matchups will be.

Finishing first is a death sentence in hockey warning to the Caps

My expectation level for this team is pretty low this year compared to the last couple. The East is just crazy tough, and they're slumping at the wrong time. 

Tonight is the best chance to officially clinch a playoff berth; after that it's the Lightning, Isles and Red Wings. All home games, though. 

1 hour ago, Bombdirt said:

My expectation level for this team is pretty low this year compared to the last couple. The East is just crazy tough, and they're slumping at the wrong time. 

Tonight is the best chance to officially clinch a playoff berth; after that it's the Lightning, Isles and Red Wings. All home games, though. 

Pens are probably going to clinch home ice for the first round soon (yay!). And they are not the team you want to face in the first round of the playoffs. I'd keep all Rangers expectations low.

5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Pens are probably going to clinch home ice for the first round soon (yay!). And they are not the team you want to face in the first round of the playoffs. I'd keep all Rangers expectations low.

Can't argue this. For whatever reason this Rangers team just is not playing with the intensity and urgency that the 2014 and 2015 have played with. 

That being said. IF the Rangers get in and right now that is a big IF...they can pretty much clean the slate and start anew with the post season.

Another horrible start last night against Tampa Bay. The Bolts are so hurt right now, that that is the only reason the Rangers were able to come back and win last night. Lundqvist really saved their bacon.

They really REALLY need to get their D taken care of before the playoffs start next week. At this point I don't even know how I would pair any of them. McDonagh is out. Girardi got banged up last night (Don't know if that is bad though considering his play this year). Boyle is an abortion.

I would like to see 

McDonagh,Klein,Staal, Yandle, Girardi and either McIrath, or Skjei.

Nice win tonight. That said, before that outburst in the second period I felt like we were getting thoroughly outplayed. I hope this is something of a momentum shift. 

I also hope things are okay injury-wise; a couple of key guys got knocked around in this one. 

Girardi is day to day, but he was awful before he went out anyway. Mcdonagh isn't expected to play in this series. The Rangers have also recalled Raffy Diaz from Hartford. AV tied McIlrath to the bench most of the 3rd. Braby Skljeli played very well though. Would be surprised to see Girardi play over him, but AV favors vets. 

7 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Nail in the coffin for the RAGS last night??

Probably

Even if they managed to win game 5 tommorow how the hell can you expect them to win game 6 back home when you have scored one friggin goal in the last four playoff games at MSG ? 

Archived