Movies that You Loved/Liked, but Everybody Else Seemed to Hate

BroadwayJoe12

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DANCE MAGIC DANCE

labyrinth-2.gif

Lmfao - I've been on a Bowie kick lately and accidentally walked into the store the other day not realizing my phone was on and playing some Bowie.

The clerk was like, dude, your pocket is playing Bowie and its not Dance Magic Dance. It was hysterical. His delivery was magical much like the movie.

Not sure I've seen them all, but I like all of them except the one that was supposed to be a fairy tale or whatever. 

Signs is probably my favorite. "It's behind..." come on, that sh*t was awesome.

I actually love Unbreakable too. I figured out Sixth Sense about an hour or so before the rest of the theatre, so meh. I also thought the Village was great... too many people bitched about it not being scary. Idiots. It was marketed as horror, but shouldn't have been. It had nothing to do with horror... it was a social commentary, and used symbolism and color theory brilliantly.

Same here across the board, however I really did like Lady in the Water.  He's said his movies were all created originally from bed time stories he would tell his kids when they were young. So I've always tried watch from that perspective. 

Gangs of New York was great when Daniel Day Lewis was on the screen, a snooze when he wasn't. Leo is interesting in that he's in a lot of good movies, but he's not a particularly appealing actor.

Agreed. Bill the butcher is an all-time villain. Also, Liam Neeson scenes were great.

Decaprio and Cameron Diaz were the pits.

I'm not sure if anyone hated this movie but it certainly wasnt good.  Literally some of the worst acting in the history of movies but when ever "Lords of Dogtown" is on, I cant change the channel. Its probably the content as I love all that all old school skate/surf stuff, but it was a terrible movie that I love.

North Shore too.  I pretty much have that entire movie memorized.

I'm going to second the original Grown Ups. I've said it before, it reminds me of my crew from growing up and my summers on the lake. It's not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it makes me feel all nostalgic and sh*t. 

It's worth watching just for the ad lib rank outs. 

I'm going to list Road House too. From what I understand it's universally regarded as a terrible movie, but I love it. 

Also in this vein, Kung Fu Hustle is a ******* great movie.

I F'ing love that movie!!!

Gleaming the Cube.

How did Christian Slater not become the greatest actor to ever live?

I mean, the run between:

"The Legend of Bille Jean" to "Heathers" to "Gleaming the Cube" to "Pump up the Volume" to" Robin Hood" to "Mobsters" to "True Romance"?

That's all time right there.  All time.

Gangs of New York was great when Daniel Day Lewis was on the screen, a snooze when he wasn't. Leo is interesting in that he's in a lot of good movies, but he's not a particularly appealing actor.

That's lovely. But the topic at hand is movies that everyone hated. Hated being the operative word there. Not movies that people thought were OK but didn't love as much as others because Daniel Day Lewis was still really good in it.

That's lovely. But the topic at hand is movies that everyone hated. Hated being the operative word there. Not movies that people thought were OK but didn't love as much as others because Daniel Day Lewis was still really good in it.

So, can we get a new thread of that then?

I'm not sure if anyone hated this movie but it certainly wasnt good.  Literally some of the worst acting in the history of movies but when ever "Lords of Dogtown" is on, I cant change the channel. Its probably the content as I love all that all old school skate/surf stuff, but it was a terrible movie that I love.

North Shore too.  I pretty much have that entire movie memorized.

You so howlie you don't even know you're howlie. 

I'm going to second the original Grown Ups. I've said it before, it reminds me of my crew from growing up and my summers on the lake. It's not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination, but it makes me feel all nostalgic and sh*t. 

It's worth watching just for the ad lib rank outs. 

I'm going to list Road House too. From what I understand it's universally regarded as a terrible movie, but I love it. 

Love it. Plus, it makes me Love Billy Murray that much more.  Apparently every time that it's on and Murray or one of his brothers is watching it, they call up Kelly Lynch's (the hot blonde) husband (one of Murray's old directors) to tell him “Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now. They’re doing it. He’s throwing her against the rocks.” Apparently Bill once called him from Russia.  

I F'ing love that movie!!!

How did Christian Slater not become the greatest actor to ever live?

I mean, the run between:

"The Legend of Bille Jean" to "Heathers" to "Gleaming the Cube" to "Pump up the Volume" to" Robin Hood" to "Mobsters" to "True Romance"?

That's all time right there.  All time.

Because he couldn't stop trying to be Jack Nicholson.  I mean it's painful how bad he tries to copy him. 

You so howlie you don't even know you're howlie. 

*Haulie...but yeah, that was an epic scene.

"I know you're lame by the way your wear your shorts, haulie"

"what's a haulie"

"a tourist, a barney"

"i'm not a tourist"

"wow, you're so haulie, you dont even know your haulie"

Love it. Plus, it makes me Love Billy Murray that much more.  Apparently every time that it's on and Murray or one of his brothers is watching it, they call up Kelly Lynch's (the hot blonde) husband (one of Murray's old directors) to tell him “Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now. They’re doing it. He’s throwing her against the rocks.” Apparently Bill once called him from Russia.  

Like "Predator", the flick is so over the top that it's a phenomenal viewing experience.  There is so much intense ass kicking in that movie and you are entertained from start to finish.  The end sequence with Gazzara/Swayze is a completely insane madhouse.

LOL! on the Murray story above.  I had never heard it, but you can just see Murray orchestrating it.  Classic. 

That's ******* awesome!!!!!!!!!

lol no one ever even heard of Zodiac till this thread bruh

guys i dunno i really loved this movie called snatch but you probably havent heard of it i guess i just have unique tastes in movies

Who panned "Snatch"?  (I certainly dabble in it as often as I can. lol)  Seriously, that flick is one of Guy Ritchie's best.  Very fast paced and entertaining.

Unbreakable is fantastic. Signs was decent. I distinctly remember being very pissed off at making me sit through The Village. But he did pull off the Happening, and by pulled off I mean he made the greatest unintentionally funny movie ever.

Agreed 100%, lol. Most so bad it's good movies are still unwatchable for me after a certain point, but I'll sit thru The Happening every time I catch it running thru the channels looking for something to watch. It's amazing how entertaining that movie is as a comedy.

Agreed 100%, lol. Most so bad it's good movies are still unwatchable for me after a certain point, but I'll sit thru The Happening every time I catch it running thru the channels looking for something to watch. It's amazing how entertaining that movie is as a comedy.

Just want to talk in a very positive manner, giving off good vibes. We're just here to use the bathroom, and then we're just going to leave. I hope that's OK.

*Haulie...but yeah, that was an epic scene.

"I know you're lame by the way your wear your shorts, haulie"

"what's a haulie"

"a tourist, a barney"

"i'm not a tourist"

"wow, you're so haulie, you dont even know your haulie"

It's spelled 'Haole', surferboy.

That's ******* priceless. Bill Murray is the first best smartass of Hollywood.

Archived