Summer Blockbuster Mafia - Game on!

Leelou

Other than my opening vote on Verbal, I've been playing the whole time.  Just because you feel its nonsense doesn't mean it isn't playing.  I'd appreciate you allowing me to make a single post without feeling the need to insult my intelligence, thanks.  Every, single post with you these days.  I'm well aware I'm not good at this game and not on the level of your genius.  Now go away, you've said your peace regarding my play.

No you haven't, you MORON.

Case in point, you've been shooting the sh*t most of this day phase. Your nonsense about wanting to lynch "actual scum" after voting Arsis to "get him talking" is about the worst impression of scum hunting I've ever seen. All you're doing is trying to side-step the mess you've made for yourself, you aren't scum hunting, you aren't doing anything. Arsis could have 3 meaningful posts and nothing more and still have actually "played" the game more than you have at this point.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read the 100% case.. 

yeah....

Going back to my early read.

Vote Smash

Didn't like the soft outrage after the Verb lynch followed by quickly letting it go once he was mildly called out on it.  It was a stupid lynch...  that was the point.  Kick start the game and get some talk going.

For Smash of all people to give up so easily on his criticism was the strangest thing I've seen thus far.

I could also vote SMC because he still has yet to put together any kind of strong critiques.  I don't care if it makes sense or not but for him not to at least to have a strong opinion at this point is weird.  I'd think at this point everyone should at least be suspicious of someone.

The others off the top of my head to fall in that safe play category would be CTM, Crush, and JiF before he got run up a bit. 

Amazing that after I case you are being non-committal with your reads, they suddenly start getting narrowed down and more concrete. 

******* amazing.

Amazing that after I case you are being non-committal with your reads, they suddenly start getting narrowed down and more concrete. 

******* amazing.

That post was basically reiterating all my posts the last 2 days lol...  are you even reading?

Oh I thought that was just an insult not requiring a response.  The "gambit" of sorts that people would undoubtedly argue for is that, after shooting me, JiF used his now vetted claim to ride to a scum/SK victory.

But that would only be a gambit if you were scum//

which means you don't understand what the word means or you just copped to being scum, unfortunately i think it's the former

But that would only be a gambit if you were scum//

which means you don't understand what the word means or you just copped to being scum, unfortunately i think it's the former

I don't follow. explain this to me like I'm Pac.

Any reason we already have a deadline? It's the first day after a holiday weekend and people are playing.

Or can you at least make it 10PM? I won't be on during the day much at all. I like the idea of speedy days but if I'm going to systematically destroy the scum team I need more than 24 hour game days.

I won't be available at 10 pm. Plus, it's been day since Friday at 7 am.

That post was basically reiterating all my posts the last 2 days lol...  are you even reading?

Very closely.

The post I made this specific comment about shows you narrowing to 3-4 people and voting Smash, when right before it, you made the big post with almost every name in it... which is why I re-quoted that whole thing and used it to illustrate the points I've been making the last 2 days. Moron.

There's no competing train leading up to the deadline so I fully expect to be the lynch.  I took a look back but the only things that stuck out for me are the following:

* Nolder's case on JC is as lame as JiF/Ape's case on mine was.

* Crusher did his yelling at Smash thing and OMGUS'd him.  I'd like to hear from him more tomorrow if I somehow survive.

* SMC's vote pattern suggests scumminess more than his actual play and defense does.

* Feeling pretty good about JiF, Ape, Pac as town.  Which disgusts me.

* CTM's play has been townyish as well even though he hasn't done his usual "obsession with the Ape" bit.  Him following along with Verbal's lynch then regretting it after at first looked scummy but now seems genuine after re-read.  At best he's a null read.

* No idea on Arsis at this point.  Pretty sure he has no idea of his alignment either still.

* Smash calling people idiots and blockheads, par for the course.  Null read for me on him.

Deadline - Tuesday 12 pm

I have a doctor's appointment at the 10 am deadline and with 2 hours left we need to consolidate.  Out of Smash and 80, I'd go 80.

Vote 80

Deadline - Tuesday 12 pm

Deadline isn't until noon.

There's no competing train leading up to the deadline so I fully expect to be the lynch.  I took a look back but the only things that stuck out for me are the following:

* Crusher did his yelling at Smash thing and OMGUS'd him.  I'd like to hear from him more tomorrow if I somehow survive.

* SMC's vote pattern suggests scumminess more than his actual play and defense does.

* CTM's play has been townyish as well even though he hasn't done his usual "obsession with the Ape" bit.  Him following along with Verbal's lynch then regretting it after at first looked scummy but now seems genuine after re-read.  At best he's a null read.

* No idea on Arsis at this point.  Pretty sure he has no idea of his alignment either still.

* Smash calling people idiots and blockheads, par for the course.  Null read for me on him.

So, everyone is town or null?

5th vote on Verbal's train, 4th vote on mine.  Trend worth watching.

Is Crusher back from the beach yet?  He had a nice little OMGUS moment with Smash before he disappeared.

Meh.  Numbers dictate I need to Vote Smash

In summary; maybe Crusher, maybe SMC, everyone else null, including Smash but I'll vote him anyway.

So, everyone is town or null?

I don't have any strong scum reads right now.  You and JiF are wrong on your primary scum read (me).  I know you mentioned JC before, but after you read Nolder's case, you backed off on that one.  I'd like to know who are your top scum reads besides me.

In summary; maybe Crusher, maybe SMC, everyone else null, including Smash but I'll vote him anyway.

I'll pose to you the same question I just posed the Ape.  After me, who are YOUR top scum reads.  I'm of the opinion the scum team is doing a very good job of hiding right now.

And yes, I voted Smash out of self-preservation.  I highly doubt an SMC lynch will be happening today before the deadline, and I'm not even sure if I want that.  SMC is one of the few that is making this game fun.  And if he's scum, we won't be getting his dead thread thoughts anyways.

95 % chance it'll be me.

I don't have any strong scum reads right now.  You and JiF are wrong on your primary scum read (me).  I know you mentioned JC before, but after you read Nolder's case, you backed off on that one.  I'd like to know who are your top scum reads besides me.

I listed them. Read the thread.

I'll pose to you the same question I just posed the Ape.  After me, who are YOUR top scum reads.  I'm of the opinion the scum team is doing a very good job of hiding right now.

You, SMC and Smash.

And yes, I voted Smash out of self-preservation.  I highly doubt an SMC lynch will be happening today before the deadline, and I'm not even sure if I want that.  SMC is one of the few that is making this game fun.  And if he's scum, we won't be getting his dead thread thoughts anyways.

95 % chance it'll be me.

How is SMC making the game fun?  

95 % chance it'll be me.

How did you calculate these odds?

How is SMC making the game fun?  

Hasn't played in a while so he hasn't felt the need to complain about the state of Mafia this game.  He supported the Verbal joke lynch while everyone else was b*tching.  Yeah, decent chance he's scum, but I have no desire to vote him. 

I listed them. Read the thread.

Yes, you listed them 6 pages ago:

**** it. I've got to bail for a while... 80, Jetscode and probably Pac as my top 3 right now.

80 for JIF's reasons, plus some of the nonsense he's trotted out today in defense of himself.

Jetscode hit a very old scumtell, but I also agree with Nolder's case on him. I also feel like people are trying to divert attention from a JC train right now.

Pac felt like he was using circumstantial nonsense to see if he could get the town to take me out. He's done nothing but hedge, which is a scum tell for him and many others, and now that I've called him out, he's hiding. 

100%

Good lord. I'm leaving my vote on 80 derp.

Then Nolder's reiteration of his case happened.  My interpretation was you no longer felt JC was scum.  So is your list still Me, Pac, JC?  Or are you still backing Nolder's case based on your read of "a very old scum tell"?

Hasn't played in a while so he hasn't felt the need to complain about the state of Mafia this game.  He supported the Verbal joke lynch while everyone else was b*tching.  Yeah, decent chance he's scum, but I have no desire to vote him. 

Never in my life have I seen something get so over-blown as me making one comment about sloppy, lazy, dumb town play. The D2 gameplay has been great, because the people who bitched, decided to take the game by the horns and stopped the derp from carrying over from D1. At this point, the only bitching is coming form those bitching about the complaining that happened DURING NIGHT PHASE when there was nothing else to talk about.

Also, you have previous said that your vote on Verbal was a joke vote, but it wasn't a joke lynch. Now you're calling it a joke lynch.

Also, you have previous said that your vote on Verbal was a joke vote, but it wasn't a joke lynch. Now you're calling it a joke lynch.

What's wrong with that?  By that same token I'll argue that you've credited me heavily with the fact that the lynch actually took place.  It's kind of odd that you have barely even mentioned SMC when he was a much bigger factor in the Verbal lynch, and he himself laughed it off as a joke lynch as well. 

Yes, you listed them 6 pages ago:

Then Nolder's reiteration of his case happened.  My interpretation was you no longer felt JC was scum.  So is your list still Me, Pac, JC?  Or are you still backing Nolder's case based on your read of "a very old scum tell"?

My list hasn't changed. Otherwise I would have said it changed.

JC has been using narrative to influence how the town interprets people's posts. That is a scum tell for him. He is still on my list. I would happily vote you, Pac or JC today. I'm cool with lynching you and having JIF shoot Pac or JC, tbh. Gives us more time to collaborate on who JIF shoots.

As for Nolder and his "case", we don't need to discuss that right now. 

What's wrong with that?  By that same token I'll argue that you've credited me heavily with the fact that the lynch actually took place.  It's kind of odd that you have barely even mentioned SMC when he was a much bigger factor in the Verbal lynch, and he himself laughed it off as a joke lynch as well. 

I know SMC's scum tells, better than most here, and when he starts posting more, I'll look for them. In the meantime, I think him laughing off a joke lynch is a null tell. The only thing getting my attention now is that you've flip-flopped from arguing that it wasn't a joke lynch, to now arguing it was a joke lynch as it fits the accusations you're making about SMC.

I know SMC's scum tells, better than most here, and when he starts posting more, I'll look for them. In the meantime, I think him laughing off a joke lynch is a null tell. The only thing getting my attention now is that you've flip-flopped from arguing that it wasn't a joke lynch, to now arguing it was a joke lynch as it fits the accusations you're making about SMC.

When did I ever say it wasn't a joke lynch?  There's never been a more clear instance of one.

Archived