Summer Blockbuster Mafia - Game on!

Leelou

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome game so far... Especially the end game..More compelling than True Detective

I don't want to see the DT because I'm enjoying following, but I think I've got it

Gl!

lizzie! i will use my phone a friend

It is and its giving more reason to want to lynch the Ape.

Honestly man, you're only one I trust at this point.  Which hopefully isnt a mistake but its where I'm at.  And what I do know that cant be questioned, is Ape isnt town.  All the rest is pure speculation and taking people for their word, etc.  Hence, why at this point, I think we just take the sure shot.

And as I'm running the numbers again, say Ape is truly the SK...we kill Pac, if he's town.  Game over.  If he's scum.  Okay cool.  But I'm assuming there is 2 scum.  So then, we have me shooting the Ape and Scum shooting the town.  We have to trust that the Ape hits scum with his shot and if Pac isnt the RB and the RB is still in the game...then what?

I think we just go with the bird in hand. 

All good points

and agreed, I only trust you as well..  If you are scum, you played a hell of a game..

It is and its giving more reason to want to lynch the Ape.

Honestly man, you're only one I trust at this point.  Which hopefully isnt a mistake but its where I'm at.  And what I do know that cant be questioned, is Ape isnt town.  All the rest is pure speculation and taking people for their word, etc.  Hence, why at this point, I think we just take the sure shot.

And as I'm running the numbers again, say Ape is truly the SK...we kill Pac, if he's town.  Game over.  If he's scum.  Okay cool.  But I'm assuming there is 2 scum.  So then, we have me shooting the Ape and Scum shooting the town.  We have to trust that the Ape hits scum with his shot and if Pac isnt the RB and the RB is still in the game...then what?

I think we just go with the bird in hand. 

Dummy.

The only way for town or me to win, is lynching scum right now. If I am playing to win, then I'm not trying to get you guys to lynch town. Pac isn't town. That play makes no sense for me at all here. That's a given. 

I'm fighting way harder than I should be to have a glimmer of hope at the win. I'd need a perfect storm to come through the upcoming night phase, town will come out of it with the advantage, but I'd rather go all-in to try and make that happen, than just roll-over. If you lynch me, then it's just over, the rest is the formality of scum killing the rest of the town. Town as zero shot.

Honestly has nothing to do with you or not wanting to lose to you, what I can't reconcile with your play is

1) As a 1 time vig, I can't see how you'd have not been on jif like white on rice claiming even night vig. The two roles do not fit. If you claimed odd night vig, I'd swallow easier, but then you'd have to explain why no death on N1

2) The two roles not fitting, gaming the mod perhaps, but they don't make sense together

3) Why shoot smash on n3, when ape was a sure bet. (In fact, only because it's you am I willing to let this one slide a bit)

4) Why not take credit for the shot in first post of day, you are a 1 time vig you say, nothing to hide now. And the pac I know would normally love to gloat

For ape, his game has been disgusting ever since he started buddying up to you on day 3 and I voted him. Numerous inconsistencies, shifting stories, back tracking, mistakes, all make it every obvious he's full of sh*t. HOWEVER, he's claiming a non town role that would explain much of it. Had it not been for his latest batch of stupidity pre and post opening scene today, I'd have taken his story at face value

1) As a 1 time vig, I can't see how you'd have not been on jif like white on rice claiming even night vig. The two roles do not fit. If you claimed odd night vig, I'd swallow easier, but then you'd have to explain why no death on N1

First of all I was one of if not his biggest detractor after his reveal..  can't believe you're going to make me pull posts but I will.  I didn't like it, but as a mod I have had even and or odd night shooters PLUS 1 time vigs in the same game.  It makes it fun.  Karate Kid for example I had all kinds of shots and vests..  when we saw 1 time masonizer (which I've never seen) I figured Leelou was taking a creative approach and not pigeon holing us into pre defined roles.  It's the same thing I've done for every game I've modded and love when other people do it.  For example I take it Verbs role was going to allow him to form a mason team with anyone of his choosing on N1..  he could have gotten scum which would have made for an interesting dynamic.  Was cool.

2) The two roles not fitting, gaming the mod perhaps, but they don't make sense together

I think they fit fine..  didn't JiF shoot at someone who didn't die and it wasn't Nolder?  I'd imagine Leelou sprinkled in a vest in addition to the doc.  Instead of any every night Vig she gave someone every other night plus me 1 shot.  Back to Karate Kid again but I'm almost positive I did the same thing..  I gave Nolder 1 shot to be used any time he wanted... he wound up shooting the Doc in the middle of the day which was hilarious.

3) Why shoot smash on n3, when ape was a sure bet. (In fact, only because it's you am I willing to let this one slide a bit)

You answered your own question.  Ape was/is a sure bet to be lynched.  With that in mind, and not knowing if I'd be alive in the morning, I was ready to take a glory shot and end scum Smash.  His posts about Crusher vouching for JiF put me over the top.  I was almost positive he was scum and willing to take the risk I'd be made fun of if not.  I don't mind hecklers.

4) Why not take credit for the shot in first post of day, you are a 1 time vig you say, nothing to hide now. And the pac I know would normally love to gloat

I explained this yesterday in detail..  go back and read the whole day from my first post and tell me if what I said about it does not ring true.  I had just woken up and had 5 minutes..  I was groggy and hesitant to say I shot Smash without being by the computer to answer all the crap that came with it.  I planned on doing it when I was more awake as I knew scum would try to use it against me somehow..  which surprise surprise they did.

In fact I did subliminally gloat when I said "so smash is scum... shocker" or something like that.

Interesting..  on a read and saw this..  I was the first to vote Smash and explained why... note the first 2 to reply and undermine.  Turns out Crusher was the 2nd to vote Smash after being called out by him:

It's a stretch but call it intuition..  the way he played (or watched) day 1 and the fact that Smash has been completely quiet about my vote on him.  SMC is the master of ignoring early votes on him as scum and I've seen him in scum chats advise people to ignore the vote.  Since Smash ignoring me is very un-smash like, I could see him getting counseled to simply ignore my vote.  the most likely person to tell him that would be SMC.

like I said it's a stretch... 

but a lot of my mafia skills are based on feel and intuition and they typically serve me well.  I could also see a team with SMC or Smash wanting to kill an early inactive who could turn into a force later on in AVM.

you're an idiot

The ape is strong in this one.

quoting sucks but

Crush said:

I have 26 posts you have 6. So please comment on the lack of content of my 26 post compared to the stunning contributions you have made with all 6 of your post. 

This is lazy play Smash.  Not like you.

unvote vote Smash

No its not.

I don't remember anyone saying I want town to win so lets team up...  maybe I was dead.  I do remember last minute deals at end game with like 3 players left but not with 6..  maybe I was dead.

First of all I was one of if not his biggest detractor after his reveal..  can't believe you're going to make me pull posts but I will.  I didn't like it, but as a mod I have had even and or odd night shooters PLUS 1 time vigs in the same game.  It makes it fun.  Karate Kid for example I had all kinds of shots and vests..  when we saw 1 time masonizer (which I've never seen) I figured Leelou was taking a creative approach and not pigeon holing us into pre defined roles.  It's the same thing I've done for every game I've modded and love when other people do it.  For example I take it Verbs role was going to allow him to form a mason team with anyone of his choosing on N1..  he could have gotten scum which would have made for an interesting dynamic.  Was cool.

I think they fit fine..  didn't JiF shoot at someone who didn't die and it wasn't Nolder?  I'd imagine Leelou sprinkled in a vest in addition to the doc.  Instead of any every night Vig she gave someone every other night plus me 1 shot.  Back to Karate Kid again but I'm almost positive I did the same thing..  I gave Nolder 1 shot to be used any time he wanted... he wound up shooting the Doc in the middle of the day which was hilarious.

You answered your own question.  Ape was/is a sure bet to be lynched.  With that in mind, and not knowing if I'd be alive in the morning, I was ready to take a glory shot and end scum Smash.  His posts about Crusher vouching for JiF put me over the top.  I was almost positive he was scum and willing to take the risk I'd be made fun of if not.  I don't mind hecklers.

I explained this yesterday in detail..  go back and read the whole day from my first post and tell me if what I said about it does not ring true.  I had just woken up and had 5 minutes..  I was groggy and hesitant to say I shot Smash without being by the computer to answer all the crap that came with it.  I planned on doing it when I was more awake as I knew scum would try to use it against me somehow..  which surprise surprise they did.

In fact I did subliminally gloat when I said "so smash is scum... shocker" or something like that.

LMFAO... at least try, Jesus.

Interesting..  on a read and saw this..  I was the first to vote Smash and explained why... note the first 2 to reply and undermine.  Turns out Crusher was the 2nd to vote Smash after being called out by him:

quoting sucks but

Crush said:

I have 26 posts you have 6. So please comment on the lack of content of my 26 post compared to the stunning contributions you have made with all 6 of your post. 

This is lazy play Smash.  Not like you.

unvote vote Smash

You're going to need more narrative if you want this to expose anything at all.

I'm ******* 3rd party, I toyed with people all game. All I was trying to do was fan the flames between you and Smash a bit... becasue that's what you do when you are solo win condition!!! DUH!

Here's a few CTM including an eventual vote on him..  at that point NO ONE doubted him...

and on the read through I noticed how I and Nolder were the only ones trying to prolong the day..  I was voting Smash and trying to champion his lynch..  why in the F would I do that if he's my scum mate?

Im at another week long suit up corporate thing...  only be able to post in small windows but I've been following.

The Ape is starting to ping because he continues to whine about substance and then proceeds not to add any.  Other than his incessant whining all of the night phase and most of today seem more like the mafia of old than anything I've seen in a long time.

Be part of the solution.

I'll have to think about JiF's reveal so I'll Unvote.  That kind of every other night shot is usually my thing when modding.  Can't remember if Leelou has used it.

I can vote JC but I'm waiting to hear from Nolder.  I'm sure his 100% posts are drawing a lot of attention in the scum chat if he's town.  Seems to me he doesn't mind making himself a target so he might as well say if he is really 100% or just a gut feel.

I'm not sure how I feel about JiF's reveal...  the oddball role makes sense given Verbs strange role but it could also be an anti-town role.  I've done similar things in the past with bad guys.

I could vote the Ape.  He's been all over the map.  Whining, finally stopping, saying he doesn't have the energy to play well, then starting to post rapidly.  I'd address his case on me but all I've seen are the words hedging and hiding.  Neither of which are accurate.  The rest is just inflammatory nonsense that looks like someone trying to pioneer an easy lynch.

I feel strongly Nolder is town but it might have to do with agreeing with much of his content and vice versa.  He has fooled me before but for now I don't see it.

Crush I have zero read on.

SMC I have a slight scum lean but I admitted it was kinda flimsy.  More of a feel.

I've largely ignored 80 so not a solid read there.

CTM really hasn't said anything meaningful which isn't necessarily a scum tell for him.  Null at the moment.

Arsis..  ***k if I know..  he hasn't said much of anything but did seem to be trying to place some silly trap on me earlier when I was clearly spit balling names.

Smash is another I could vote.  Seemed strange that he immediately abandoned his griping about the Verb lynch once he was called out on it.  Seemed like he didn't want attention..  yeah I could vote there.

Just read the 100% case.. 

yeah....

Going back to my early read.

Vote Smash

Didn't like the soft outrage after the Verb lynch followed by quickly letting it go once he was mildly called out on it.  It was a stupid lynch...  that was the point.  Kick start the game and get some talk going.

For Smash of all people to give up so easily on his criticism was the strangest thing I've seen thus far.

I could also vote SMC because he still has yet to put together any kind of strong critiques.  I don't care if it makes sense or not but for him not to at least to have a strong opinion at this point is weird.  I'd think at this point everyone should at least be suspicious of someone.

The others off the top of my head to fall in that safe play category would be CTM, Crush, and JiF before he got run up a bit. 

meh..  didn't like the brevity of the day.  Could have tried to talk people into Smash and/or found a late candidate to run up.

Nothing has really changed in my reads because as predicted everyone just came on, cited the deadline, and voted 80. 

will be interesting to see who's alive in the morning..

And meanwhile townies are dropping like flies...  I don't trust JiF to shoot correctly if he indeed has a shot.

• Crusher
  • JC
  • Arsis - Magic Mike from Magic Mike XXL - killed N2
  • 80 - Ted from Ted 2 - vanilla townie - lynched D2
  • Nol
  • JiF
  • Verb - Owen Grady from Jurassic World - 1x N1 masonizer - lynched D1
  • CTM
  • Ape
  • Pac
  • AVM - Sean Brenner from Insidious: 3 - vanilla townie - Killed N1
  • Smash
  • SMC

ok I'm starting to doubt the validity of JiF's every other blah blah..  we've seen 1 role that really isn't that crazy (they pick a mason partner on N1) and other than that it's been vanilla town..  If JiF killed Arsis where is scums shot??

Vote JiF

Benevolent SK...  lol..  gotta say that's new if nothing else..  silly as all hell but new. 

No its not.

Exactly. Hess has done it. It's nothing new. I said I was channeling my inner Hess. 

I've also made it abundantly clear that I'm playing for a town vs. me finale, rather than scum wins right now. So, it doesn't even make sense for Pac to keep harping on this. He's just got nothing else to use to try and dig himself out of how badly I've positioned his team.

Here's a few CTM including an eventual vote on him..  at that point NO ONE doubted him...

and on the read through I noticed how I and Nolder were the only ones trying to prolong the day..  I was voting Smash and trying to champion his lynch..  why in the F would I do that if he's my scum mate?

Really? LOLOLOL... ugh, scum distancing you gross turd.

Maybe I should shut up and let you just tell them you're scum, because you do a better job of it in a few posts than me saying it redundantly.

Really? LOLOLOL... ugh, scum distancing you gross turd.

Maybe I should shut up and let you just tell them you're scum, because you do a better job of it in a few posts than me saying it redundantly.

Scum distancing?  That's your answer?  Early on in the game when no one would have blamed me at all for voting 80 I shouted to prolong the day to try and get Smash lynched for...  distancing?

guys... please.

Your time is coming to an end my friend..  If it was anyone else I may have let town destroy itself as a lesson.  I'm not about to let you steal my glory. 

Ladies and gentlemen... super townie^^^^^^^

Seriously though, this statement is a testament to the way Pac plays the game. He does what he wants. **** everyone else, they are beneath him. You really think this arrogant piece of sh*t holstered for 3 nights with a 1-time kill, given his high regard for scum hunting skills and the self-important stance that he'll be killed right away because he's scum's greatest threat?

Meta this moron to the gallows. You all know damn-well that if Pac were town and thought Smash or I were scum days ago, he would have shot then. He had NO shot to take. He's lying scum.

Scum distancing?  That's your answer?  Early on in the game when no one would have blamed me at all for voting 80 I shouted to prolong the day to try and get Smash lynched for...  distancing?

guys... please.

So, you kept your hands clean on the 80 thing, and breadcrumbed that you were after scum. Good players do this when they are scummates all the time. If anything, this sh*t is an indictment of your play. 

You hedged. You knew what to avoid. You demonstrated suspicion of scum that you could reference later in the game. This is the sh*t scum does. 

Ladies and gentlemen... super townie^^^^^^^

Seriously though, this statement is a testament to the way Pac plays the game. He does what he wants. **** everyone else, they are beneath him. You really think this arrogant piece of sh*t holstered for 3 nights with a 1-time kill, given his high regard for scum hunting skills and the self-important stance that he'll be killed right away because he's scum's greatest threat?

Meta this moron to the gallows. You all know damn-well that if Pac were town and thought Smash or I were scum days ago, he would have shot then. He had NO shot to take. He's lying scum.

Nice try but no.  I took the shot when it was time to take the shot.  Remember those commercials - Clutch Men Clutch Moments where they'd show Larry Bird or Jordan making a game winning shot?  Yeah... that's me.

I bet you Smash and JC thought you had this in the bag..   Until I kicked your team squarely in the nuts.

This has turned unreadable.  These 2 think they're the best players in the world but have botched this whole process so ******* badly that nobody can make a decision.  If either these ****s were nearly as good as they thought they were, this wouldnt even be a conversation.  Embarrassing really.  So gross.

I say we just quit and dont let either win.

Unvote

Vote Quit the Game

Nice try but no.  I took the shot when it was time to take the shot.  Remember those commercials - Clutch Men Clutch Moments where they'd show Larry Bird or Jordan making a game winning shot?  Yeah... that's me.

I bet you Smash and JC thought you had this in the bag..   Until I kicked your team squarely in the nuts.

If you were really concerned with putting a bow on a town win, and your theory was me, Smash and someone else as scum... you would have shot me to take the sure thing, and then ran Smash for the lynch, so you could scum hunt and examine who the third scum might be.

This has turned unreadable.  These 2 think they're the best players in the world but have botched this whole process so ******* badly that nobody can make a decision.  If either these ****s were nearly as good as they thought they were, this wouldnt even be a conversation.  Embarrassing really.  So gross.

Unvote

Vote Quit the Game

Meh...  It is getting annoying...  If it was anyone but Ape I may have already bailed.  If you let him and JC win then whatever.  I don't have much else to add other than answering all the questions and quoting many posts where I was trying to get scum lynched when there would have been no reason for me to at that point.  Bussing has it's time and place..  me going after Smash as hard as I did is not bussing..  that would have been a complete dick move from a team mate.

I think I'm done explaining this..  I think you and CTM are town and I'm getting really annoyed you're letting this drag out.  It's right ******* in front of you...  Our cop told us Ape is scum.

If you were really concerned with putting a bow on a town win, and your theory was me, Smash and someone else as scum... you would have shot me to take the sure thing, and then ran Smash for the lynch, so you could scum hunt and examine who the third scum might be.

*back on ignore..  not continuing the sh-t show you're hoping for*

Pac can't even defend, and CTM and JIF aren't sure what to do? Amazing.

Pac going for the "meh, I don't care, but except it's Ape, so I care, but I don't care" disingenuous apathy play, after criticizing me for "benevolent sk". Hilarious.

This is a terrible claim.  I'm an even night Vig, Ape is the SK....but Pac has a 1 time shot?  Makes zero sense how that fits.  

And he just so happened he chose not to not use it, until night 3, hit scum, the same scum the SK is claiming to hit (which he didnt see somehow)...lol

I'm voting Pac today.  I'll be gone for an hour or so but I'm not voting Ape and if Ape is scum, hats off.  He'll deserve it.  I'm fine with having a bad game.  Certainly not the first, wont be the last. 

It's going to be hilarious that JIF helped the me as the SK, and now he's got this post that he's basically turning away from that'll help scum win the game.

In the future mods should account for JIF being a townie in how they balance all scum and 3rd party teams. 

Unvote

Vote Quit the Game

POTW

Vote Quit the Game

I'm bored of this, Crusher.. make your vote and then I will.. Just in case there's a tomorrow I want fatty taking a side in this

I'm over it too.  Both are completely unbearable and totally unbelievable because they've played their roles like total moron blow hard's.  If we lose because of it, oh well, I certainly didnt help not believing SMC.  Either way, this was fun and I've enjoyed the game....til now!  haha

Like I said before, I literally made a list and weighed the options out.  Both have equal amounts of terrible.  Pac has actually played the better game based on my rereads and we dont have a cop confirmed non-town reading on him, so I'm playing it safe and going with the Ape.

Dont really see anything happening to change my mind at this point. 

Unvote

Vote JIF

He let the SK puppet him into lynching the uncountered cop, and now he's opting to hand scum the win.

@Pac - let's eliminate the town, and make this scum vs. SK. What do you say? 

If we lynch JIF now, then 1 of us shoots town tonight and the other shoots scum, it goes into tomorrow's day with 1 scum, 1 town and 1sk?

How do you like that? Get these ******* cowards out of our way, and go head to head. They're all too scared of us talking trash to finish the ******* game... nutless wonders, both of them.

Unvote

Vote JIF

He let the SK puppet him into lynching the uncountered cop, and now he's opting to hand scum the win.

@Pac - let's eliminate the town, and make this scum vs. SK. What do you say? 

If we lynch JIF now, then 1 of us shoots town tonight and the other shoots scum, it goes into tomorrow's day with 1 scum, 1 town and 1sk?

How do you like that? Get these ******* cowards out of our way, and go head to head. They're all too scared of us talking trash to finish the ******* game... nutless wonders, both of them.

Holy crap lol...  I don't even know what to say to this.

Guys can we please lynch this and JC now?

Archived