Summer Blockbuster Mafia - Game on!

Leelou

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody is partially right at what killed mafia.  But I also think people feeling the need to explain why and how much they hate playing during the game doesn;t exactly help it. Just stfu and enjoy the goodness. 

I made one comment about it... then it got Pac'ed. Plus it's night phase, so who cares. Better we talk about something than nothing at all. 

I made one comment about it... then it got Pac'ed. Plus it's night phase, so who cares. Better we talk about something than nothing at all. 

Not singling anyone out man.  Just think we all need to just try and have fun with it.  I was burnt out and never cared to play again but missed interacting with everyone here.  The football forums are boring as sh*t this time of year and the lounge is no place for a fat dullard.  I didnt read enough comic books or watch movies enough times as a kid.  Busy,, eating.

Not singling anyone out man.  Just think we all need to just try and have fun with it.  I was burnt out and never cared to play again but missed interacting with everyone here.  The football forums are boring as sh*t this time of year and the lounge is no place for a fat dullard.  I didnt read enough comic books or watch movies enough times as a kid.  Busy,, eating.

I know, I just don't think it's a detriment to the mafia community or game to talk about putting effort into the game. Especially not in night phase. A well crafted/played puzzle IS how I have fun with it.

some truth to this, nobody takes the game seriously anymore and everyone falls in line. 2 years ago I would've been pissed off that we blind lynched a power role, now it's just par for the course. Hard to get engaged when it's no a challenge

It's because you guys miss my elaborately designed (but at times arbitrarily moderated) mafia games, isn't it?

I know, it hurts me as well that in the last 2 years I couldn't create such games because of my job's firewall and server.  Only this year has JN been available to me.  

It's because you guys miss my elaborately designed (but at times arbitrarily moderated) mafia games, isn't it?

I know, it hurts me as well that in the last 2 years I couldn't create such games because of my job's firewall and server.  Only this year has JN been available to me.  

Boardwalk Empire game one of the nicest designed and perfectly executed games ever here.  Your "Thing" game? **** you!!!!

Rationalizing.

Giving my thoughts on the situation. It's what a good townie does.

Steering/incriminating people based on a joke lynch.

I'd let this slide if you weren't wrong on both counts. How many votes on Verbal were jokes? I'd say maybe 2. Mine wasn't, not at the end anyway.

And steering? If I was pointing fingers at people on the lynch I'd be like yeah ok I can see that but I specifically said I'm more concerned about people who showed up but didn't vote. I'd like to hear your explanation for why you think that's somehow wrong or a bad place to start.

There's literally nothing that can be deduced from Verbal's train or lynch.

Cop out. You're not even trying.

You blind squirreled that, bitching about the principles of game play isn't a ******* tell for me. I've been on this soapbox for years, you twit.  

And this isn't mock outrage, it is disappointment with a dash of chastising. People ask me to play all the time, I tell them I'm not interested, this kind of thing is why. It really has nothing to do with what's going on in this specific game, it's the principle of everyone planning to make time for a game like this, then pissing in their faces by doing dumb sh*t that makes it less of a game. This occasionally in mafia can be funny, this regularly in mafia is a waste of people's time. 

When is the last time town won around here? Moderators make time to set up a game, then the balance is immediately ****ed because the town has to kill the same 3 people with the first 3 joke lynches of the game, then it's all a ******* waste from then on. How is that challenging? How is that entertaining?

Oh **** off with this melodramatic bullsh*t. You're right to a degree but in this specific case you're wrong.

I haven't been lynched on a Wednesday in I don't even know how long and this is the first time I've seen a Day 1 Verbal train succeed in a long time. Unless you can point to a game...say in the past 6 months even where either of those things has occurred then STFU.

Verbal (7) - 80, Nol, Crusher, CTM, SMC, Arsis, Pac

some truth to this, nobody takes the game seriously anymore and everyone falls in line. 2 years ago I would've been pissed off that we blind lynched a power role, now it's just par for the course. Hard to get engaged when it's no a challenge

Just re-read the game and this is an interesting post...  In one hand Glenda says she wants to get back to real mafia, but in the other she had no problem putting an UNEXPLAINED momentum vote on Verb after he said he'd be scarce for 5 days.

vote verbal

So which is it? 

I hereby declare the FOS on CTM.

Giving my thoughts on the situation. It's what a good townie does.

I'd let this slide if you weren't wrong on both counts. How many votes on Verbal were jokes? I'd say maybe 2. Mine wasn't, not at the end anyway.

And steering? If I was pointing fingers at people on the lynch I'd be like yeah ok I can see that but I specifically said I'm more concerned about people who showed up but didn't vote. I'd like to hear your explanation for why you think that's somehow wrong or a bad place to start.

Cop out. You're not even trying.

You're telling me what townies do. Gross.

4 pages into a game, nobody had a case, therefore it all falls under the umbrella of baseless/stupid/joke voting. ****, I hadn't even really read anything and the guy was dead. 

Yeah, so you're steering people away from the lynch train and toward those not on it. Still steering, even though you are stupid. There's really no logic to support being on-the-train or off-the-train as being any better than the other as for starting points, to imply there is scummy. Bad logic as a way of influencing town is scummy. 

Not trying? Verbal was dead by the end of page 4. **** you I'm not trying. 

Pac get's it. Verbal was going on vacation. Might as well lynch him.

There are a lot of factors that play into making mafia not as fun as it used to be and I agree with Crusher that we should just try to have as much fun as we can and stfu about why it's not fun BUT my 2 cents on the matter is that one of those factors is when a game starts to drag because no one is willing to make a move and lynch. People here have become afraid to be wrong. I'm not sure if it's too much playing on DM or we started punishing people who throw the hammer too much or what but by and large no one wants to be the executioner anymore and the trains just flip around for a week until someone finally gets fed up enough OR (more likely) there is a deadline. I think lynching Verbal was the right choice just to keep the game moving along. Could we have waited for more input from others? Yeah maybe. Was lynching Verbal the end of the world? I don't think so.

And that's all I'm going to say on that with regards to the metagame.

Oh **** off with this melodramatic bullsh*t. You're right to a degree but in this specific case you're wrong.

I haven't been lynched on a Wednesday in I don't even know how long and this is the first time I've seen a Day 1 Verbal train succeed in a long time. Unless you can point to a game...say in the past 6 months even where either of those things has occurred then STFU.

Ha!!  bet you wouldn't bring this sh*t up yesterday. 

Just re-read the game and this is an interesting post...  In one hand Glenda says she wants to get back to real mafia, but in the other she had no problem putting an UNEXPLAINED momentum vote on Verb after he said he'd be scarce for 5 days.

So which is it? 

Why are you voting for a dead guy during night phase?  Part of your new sophisticated style of play? 

You're telling me what townies do. Gross.

4 pages into a game, nobody had a case, therefore it all falls under the umbrella of baseless/stupid/joke voting. ****, I hadn't even really read anything and the guy was dead. 

Yeah, so you're steering people away from the lynch train and toward those not on it. Still steering, even though you are stupid. There's really no logic to support being on-the-train or off-the-train as being any better than the other as for starting points, to imply there is scummy. Bad logic as a way of influencing town is scummy. 

Not trying? Verbal was dead by the end of page 4. **** you I'm not trying. 

My vote wasn't baseless or joke. You can think it's stupid if you want to.

And how is giving my thoughts steering? Are you steering right now?

And yeah Verbal was dead by page 4? So ******* what?

Aren't you supposed to be the D1 grand wizard or some sh*t? Able to pull scum out of your ass in a single post?

Chill out and use your brain. You're running on emotion right now.

Why are you voting for a dead guy during night phase?  Part of your new sophisticated style of play? 

I'm putting forth information in case I don't see daylight.  The disgusting tandem of JiF and Ape may not understand but there are reasons for all my mafia moves.  I'm a savant when it comes to this here sh-t.

Aren't you supposed to be the D1 grand wizard or some sh*t? Able to pull scum out of your ass in a single post?

BOOM !!!!

I'm not too bothered by Verbal's train either. I could comment that some of the people in the middle might look suspicious like CTM or SMC but...ehhh I wasn't getting any bad vibes. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the entire train is town tbh considering not everyone checked in.

Speaking of which I'd be more concerned with people who checked in and didn't vote like Smash and JC.

I came in a saw Verbal at L-2 and didn't feel he should be voted to L-1 and you're concerned ? I think its freakin time we start using Alt's cause this crap is getting ridiculous.

I came in a saw Verbal at L-2 and didn't feel he should be voted to L-1 and you're concerned ? I think its freakin time we start using Alt's cause this crap is getting ridiculous.

Why didn't you vote anyone else? You could have voted someone on the train even like Ape did.

JiF has some Kleenex for those tears if you need one.

Calling your logic broken and calling you stupid isn't steering. You backpedalling nuisance. 

I catch scum on D1 if there is legit play to examine, you've seen me do it. Lynching verbal because "vacation" isn't helping anyone, even me.

I'm not running on emotion. I'm just thumping on the dumbest thing I see so far, which is you.

Calling your logic broken and calling you stupid isn't steering. You backpedalling nuisance. 

"Nuh uhh! You!"

Now you're just being boring and useless. Let me know when you're ready to play some mafia, I'll be over here waiting.

Just re-read the game and this is an interesting post... In one hand Glenda says she wants to get back to real mafia, but in the other she had no problem putting an UNEXPLAINED momentum vote on Verb after he said he'd be scarce for 5 days.

So which is it?

I said very clearly in my post that everyone falls in line, as I have .. good work, mexican Sherlock

Why didn't you vote anyone else? You could have voted someone on the train even like Ape did.

because day 1 is usually 20 + pages long and there usually is plenty of time to get people posting and interacting, none of which happened here since Verbal, for no apparent reason, was lynched in 4 pages.

I could care less what you or that Idiot Ape do TBH the bottom line here is we are once again locked up in a stupid argument and you are somehow trying to justify Verbals lynch. As some have mentioned this is exactly the type of sh*t that push's some people away from this game.

Ok so more tears about how big bad Nolder ruined the game instead of putting on your big boy pants and continuing on. Got it.

What about you JC? Same questions.

Nolderp: master of catching townies who point out his stupid logic. 

Master class is in session.

Archived