Robinson Cano had 18 home runs in his first 231 games as a Mariner....

Blackout

He already has his ring and is living somewhere without state income tax, not to mention they offered him a boatload more money. He's probably going to end up with $50+ million easy from leaving the Yanks.  Not many players value the legacy and staying with one team like they used to. Money talks. Wish he stayed, but understand whyhe left. 

He's 32.   Players without PEDs are going to age normally now, and you are not at your peak physically when you are 32-36.  Letting him go hurt short term, but long term was a good move.

It's not just the ballpark.  That'll cost him a couple a year, but not 50%

He's 32. Players without PEDs are going to age normally now, and you are not at your peak physically when you are 32-36. Letting him go hurt short term, but long term was a good move.

It's not just the ballpark. That'll cost him a couple a year, but not 50%

He plays 50% of his games in Safeco. I've been there not only is it a Canyon it drizzles a lot Seatlle not favorable wx.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't overreact to a down year. He'll rebound. (Pujols has)

I still like Cano a lot, great player. Probably my favorite position player Yankee since Bernie retired.  I'd like to see him return someday.

he signed a 10 year deal, he's never returning.

he's with his steroid-suspiscous buddy Jesus Montero now 

• 1 month later...

It's not just the ballpark.

Cano now hitting 272, and slugging 422.   He is just not the same player he was.  Another mega contract which will blow up in the teams face.

.251 AVG .290 OBP .370 SLG .660 OPS 6 HR (1st half)

.331 AVG .388 OBP .576 SLG .964 OPS 7 HR (2nd half)

wow    I stand corrected

maybe he was hurt in the 1st half ?

Great players sometimes play poorly for whatever reason. He'll never hit for the same power as a Mariner. He's a line drive hitter and a lot of those low liners that went out the ballpark in Yankee Stadium are doubles in Safeco.

Archived