• Browns
    • Skins
    • Rams
    • Only the Jets
    • Not even the Jets

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except Geno isn't getting cut or traded, and it's really irrelevent whether he would start for any other team because it's all hypothetical.  Instead this is clearly just you looking to start another thread proclaiming your own personal disdain for Geno Smith under the guise of some ridiculous hypothetical scenario. 

Given the fact Geno is our QB assuming he beats out Fitzpatrick, most of us are going to try to support the guy and hope he takes the next step. 

Very emotional defense of Geno Smith. How long were you in labor before he was delivered?

OK, lets play the game.  Give me a single fact that says JimmyG is a better QB than anyone in the NFL.  I'll make it easy for you, anyone.

Go away, you're totally lost here, you don;t even know what you're arguing anymore.

You'll have a hard time, just as you'll find a hard time finding a personal insult.  Especially given all the personal insults you threw my way arguing away 

BYE

Give us a single fact that says he's worse than Geno.  There is a lot more room above Geno than below.

Very emotional defense of Geno Smith. How long were you in labor before he was delivered?

Give us a single fact that says he's worse than Geno.  There is a lot more room above Geno than below.

I'm not the one saying he's better. The I hate Geno crowd is saying Jimmy is better. Based on nothing other than they hate Geno. If anyone could read instead of just wanting to rip Geno it would make sense. My point, real s l o w is that no one can say JimmyG is better because no one has ever seen him throw a single pass. Your response makes absolutely no sense.

I'm not the one saying he's better. The I hate Geno crowd is saying Jimmy is better. Based on nothing other than they hate Geno. If anyone could read instead of just wanting to rip Geno it would make sense. My point, real s l o w is that no one can say JimmyG is better because no one has ever seen him throw a single pass. Your response makes absolutely no sense.

I haven't read anyone say Jimmy is better, but rather that he is a better option because at least we don't have proof he sucks.  Big difference.

Lol what!?!  Dude your hatred is beyond blinding to you.  I do defend players on my team sure.  I do also recognize Geno hasn't been very good at all.  I also recognize stupidity when I see it, such as posting a hypothetical thread on who Geno might start for in the NFLwhen there is zero chance of him starting anywhere else but possibly the Jets because he's not getting cut or traded.  Just come clean man, you started this thread because you wanted to state, again, that you hate Geno.  There are thousands of threads you could have just reiterated you absolute hatred of the guy, but you chaose to make another thread of it. 

Lol what!?!  Dude your hatred is beyond blinding to you.  I do defend players on my team sure.  I do also recognize Geno hasn't been very good at all.  I also recognize stupidity when I see it, such as posting a hypothetical thread on who Geno might start for in the NFLwhen there is zero chance of him starting anywhere else but possibly the Jets because he's not getting cut or traded.  Just come clean man, you started this thread because you wanted to state, again, that you hate Geno.  There are thousands of threads you could have just reiterated you absolute hatred of the guy, but you chaose to make another thread of it. 

I posted the thread to start a discussion.  Everyone knows my position.  You should look up the definition of the word "guise" which you accuse this thread of being.  I have never hidden my opinion.  But rational humans seek to challenge their own position and enjoy the debate.  That's the purpose for this thread.  PS: I voted Bills and Browns.

Except Geno isn't getting cut or traded, and it's really irrelevent whether he would start for any other team because it's all hypothetical.  Instead this is clearly just you looking to start another thread proclaiming your own personal disdain for Geno Smith under the guise of some ridiculous hypothetical scenario. 

Given the fact Geno is our QB assuming he beats out Fitzpatrick, most of us are going to try to support the guy and hope he takes the next step. 

Ahhh... the rare valid point. 

Exceptionally played, sir. 

I posted the thread to start a discussion.  Everyone knows my position.  You should look up the definition of the word "guise" which you accuse this thread of being.  I have never hidden my opinion.  But rational humans seek to challenge their own position and enjoy the debate.  That's the purpose for this thread.  PS: I voted Bills and Browns.

The 500 other I hate Geno thread aren't enough, you needed your own?  Got it. 

I haven't read anyone say Jimmy is better, but rather that he is a better option because at least we don't have proof he sucks. Big difference.

No, more than one said he would be better. Not what you're saying they said. Just as I'm providing a very emotional defense of Geno, it's an emotional defense of common sense and logic over emotion

Just the first one who simply said what you are saying no one said. You might want to rethink that

And he still much better then Geno.

The 500 other I hate Geno thread aren't enough, you needed your own?  Got it. 

Seems to have started the discussion I wanted. Welcome to the thread.

No, more than one said he would be better. Not what you're saying they said. Just as I'm providing a very emotional defense of Geno, it's an emotional defense of common sense and logic over emotion

Just the first one who simply said what you are saying no one said. You might want to rethink that

Well I didn't say it so I have no need to defend it.  My position is as stated.

Ahhh yes, Daddy to the rescue.  It's cool man, go ahead enjoy yourselves with the 500 I hate Geno threads.  We get it, you need the attention. 

Shocking that someone else sees the irony in someone complaining about the existence of a thread over and over... in the thread.

Seems to have started the discussion I wanted. Welcome to the thread.

Well I didn't say it so I have no need to defend it.  My position is as stated.

No, your position was no one said it.  And you told me no one said it.  

Yes, I said he would be better.  That is based on how hard it would be to be worse. 

Must be better because Geno was the worst.

see how that works.

Enjoy debating semantics with yourself.

Right. That's what you were thinking when you said I was wrong, that no one said JimmyG was better and used semantics to explain off what you think they really meant.

Try again

I'm pissed about Peyton. As story is told, all Archie called Tuna about was 'promise u will draft him #1' and Tuna wouldnt commit

Tuna returned the Jets to relevance out of the wilderness, accomplishments that are still paying dividends almost 20 years later.  That being said, he screwed the pooch on Manning/Belichick.

Which is what? We missed out on Luck and Aaron Rodger? Yea that sux

My point is even if I allow my imagination to totally run wild I can't even hope that Geno becomes an above-average NFL QB.  Ironically, his upside is probably Ryan Fitzpatrick.  His downside is Geno Smith.

My point is even if I allow my imagination to totally run wild I can't even hope that Geno becomes an above-average NFL QB.  Ironically, his upside is probably Ryan Fitzpatrick.  His downside is Geno Smith.

That is a totally stupid statement. His upside is very high, much MUCH higher than Fitzpatrick. Still unknown how he will eventually turn out but he is a very very talented QB, who despite what people think actually improved quite a bit last year despite Rex and an incompetent coaching staff

That is a totally stupid statement. His upside is very high, much MUCH higher than Fitzpatrick. Still unknown how he will eventually turn out but he is a very very talented QB, who despite what people think actually improved quite a bit last year despite Rex and an incompetent coaching staff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uHBFiAnpZs

I disagree. I think Fitz upside huge for 1-2 years, game managing a now 'average' offense w/potentially a great Defense, then retire. IF and I say IF Geno was any good , due to youth, then u r right, his upside would be much higher than Fitz.

I would love Geno to flourish as a Jets fan, I just dont see it in his Football IQ (progression issues, steps back in pocket when pressured as opposed to step up etc. Plus now we ar ethrowing a new playbook at him while Fitz knows playbook having been in Chans system for 2 years.

But hey, I can be totally wrong and Geno's last 2 years (save last 4 games last 2 seaosns when season was over and pressure off) were a mirage.

I disagree. I think Fitz upside huge for 1-2 years, game managing a now 'average' offense w/potentially a great Defense, then retire. IF and I say IF Geno was any good , due to youth, then u r right, his upside would be much higher than Fitz.

I would love Geno to flourish as a Jets fan, I just dont see it in his Football IQ (progression issues, steps back in pocket when pressured as opposed to step up etc. Plus now we ar ethrowing a new playbook at him while Fitz knows playbook having been in Chans system for 2 years.

But hey, I can be totally wrong and Geno's last 2 years (save last 4 games last 2 seaosns when season was over and pressure off) were a mirage.

I fear his problems are upstairs.  Can't fix slow brain.

Oh no, he throw ball hard and very far! He can run fast, and had great numbers in a meaningless game. He must be great QB!!!

Oh no, he throw ball hard and very far! He can run fast, and had great numbers in a meaningless game. He must be great QB!!!

Huh? He sucks and every ranking Guru says such.. He cant READ progressions. You realize that? If Primary covered its ooopps, I'm outta here time..

He has only consistently looked good last 2 years during last 4 games when Jets basically eliminated. Pressure is part of game and removing it makes it tough to gauge him when chips on line..well we can,, the other 12 games, LOL

Huh? He sucks and every ranking Guru says such.. He cant READ progressions. You realize that? If Primary covered its ooopps, I'm outta here time..

He has only consistently looked good last 2 years during last 4 games when Jets basically eliminated. Pressure is part of game and removing it makes it tough to gauge him when chips on line..well we can,, the other 12 games, LOL

Ahh, joke. I was imatating a few posters here.

I agree with everything you said about Geno

Archived