• Browns
    • Skins
    • Rams
    • Only the Jets
    • Not even the Jets

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh? He sucks and every ranking Guru says such.. He cant READ progressions. You realize that? If Primary covered its ooopps, I'm outta here time..

He has only consistently looked good last 2 years during last 4 games when Jets basically eliminated. Pressure is part of game and removing it makes it tough to gauge him when chips on line..well we can,, the other 12 games, LOL

Precisely what Garrard said.  Geno looks good in drills and 7 on 7s, but the games move too fast for him.  That screams Plus-talent, with Minus-brain.

Precisely what Garrard said.  Geno looks good in drills and 7 on 7s, but the games move too fast for him.  That screams Plus-talent, with Minus-brain.

I think he 'knows' playbook and 'knows' where secondary/terciary receivers 'are' but like u mention, he doesnt recognize and get ball to them fast enough. He also has major flaw by stepping back as opposed to the age old proven axiom for QB's of stepping 1 to 1/2 steps forward or forward to right/or left at 45 degree angle. rarely backwards works. It usually means a 15 yard loss and out of field goal range (sound familiar Jets fans?) LOL

Hope 3rd years the charm for Geno but this was pretty funny.

"Geno Smith, NYJ - At least he runs every once in a while? I got nothing."

http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/fantasy-football-quarterback-rankings-for-2015

Now--without further ado--let's take a look at my top 30 quarterbacks for 2015.

1. Andrew Luck, IND - You're likely to see Aaron Rodgers at #1 on most other mediums, but the fact Luck occupied the #1 spot before he faltered for just 28 points over the last three games of 2014, makes me feel confident he'll finish as the top performer at the postion this season. Adding Andre Johnson doesn't hurt either.

2. Aaron Rodgers, GB - Although I have Luck at #1, you can't go wrong with a guy coming over a season with 24+ fantasy points in 10 games last season.

3. Peyton Manning, DEN -Presumably healthy, Manning should look a lot more like the 24.0 points he averaged over his first nine games in 2015, and not like the 13.0 points he averaged over the finals seven games of 2014.

4. Russell Wilson, SEA - Last year's #3 QB, Wilson finished ahead of Drew Brees and Ben Roethlisberger, despite almost 200 less passing attempts than either pocket passer. With the ability to rack up points with his legs (120 last season), and the addition of Jimmy Graham, you can't let Wilson slip any further than this.

5. Eli Manning, NYG -Undoubtedly my sink or swim player of the 2015 season, I've gone all in on the Giants' signal caller. He has the weapons and the environment to be a breakout star, and it's time to invest.

6. Ben Roethlisberger, PIT -A more pass-oriented offense helped Big Ben finish in the top five among QB's last season in 2014, and Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton, and Martavius Bryant are only getting better.

7. Cam Newton, CAR -Newton missed two games last season, and never looked completely healthy, something that showed in his lack of willingness to tuck it and run. With a career-low 103 rush attempts, the former Heisman Trophy winner's value plummeted, and he finished a disappointing 15th at his position. Now healthy and armed with two big-bodied young receivers in Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess, Newton is a major bounce-back candidate this season.

8. Jameis Winston, TB - I'm aware I'm going to be a lot of (rhymes with chit) for this ranking, but I believe in Winston's arm talent, dedication, and--most importantly--his weapons. His top three targets are all defensive nightmares, and I just don't see how he doesn't throw for 4,500+ yards in 2015 and plenty of scores with them by his side.

9. Tony Romo, DAL - The departure of DeMarco Murray means a lot more pressure on Tony Romo's right arm, which is a good thing for his fantasy production in 2015. Romo finished with the lowest pass attempts (435) over a full season in 2014, and still finished #11 at the position. The projected extra volume should put him here safely.

10. Drew Brees, NO - This may be a season too early, but with his weapons stripped away and a team environment that is clearly shifting towards rebuilding, Brees might not be the elite, money-in-the-bank fantasy asset he once was.

11. Matt Ryan, ATL - Currently being picked as a top 8 option, I'm concerned enough about the shoddy protection and the health and effectiveness of Roddy White in 2015 that he falls here for me. He'll be great in the Georgia Dome as always, however.

12. Tom Brady, NE - It's looking more and more likely that Tom Terrific avoids any kind of suspension from Deflate Gate. With that in mind, the 4x Super Bowl Champion might even be a value at his current ADP--which is currently in the low-80's.

13. Ryan Tannehill, MIA - The Dolphins added Kenny Stills, Jordan Cameron, and DeVante Parker for him this offseason. Couldn't hurt.

14. Matthew Stafford, DET - The bad out-weighted the good for Stafford in 2014, with seven stinkers of 11 points or less. The turnovers come in bunches--limiting his upside--and he becomes harder to endorse with each disappointing season despite a plethora of weapons. Let someone else take him. I'm over it.

15. Marcus Mariota, TEN - A major lack of downfield weapons and questions surrounding his ability to read defenses limit his upside a little, but he should provide enough value with his legs to be a low-end QB1 in deeper leagues.

16. Philip Rivers, SD - Will most likely be solid, but every time he yells at a ref I die a little inside. Not the funnest own.

17. Nick Foles, STL - I've seen Foles called "a reach" as a starter in two-QB leagues. Make no mistake, this is the realm where he belongs, but he'll be serviceable enough to provide value in those formats.

18. Jay Cutler, CHI - He'll lose some value with a more run-oriented John Fox attack this season, but he still has the talent and weapons to put up points in bunches. Just beware of the stinkers that go with the Jay Cutler territory.

19. Sam Bradford, PHI - In Chip Kelly's fast paced system next to his old college buddy DeMarco Murray, Bradford is in the environment to flourish. Problem is, you just can't rely on him to stay on the field. Tough to put up fantasy points in a green jumpsuit.

20. Teddy Bridgewater, MIN -Coming off a solid rookie campaign and now armed with Mike Wallace and Adrian Peterson, Bridgewater has the most upside of anyone slotted at this point of the rankings, and I wouldn't feel awful with him quarterbacking my squad in a 16 team league, especially if the Vikings' coaching staff takes off the kid gloves and let's him sling it more than 25 times a game.

21. Joe Flacco, BAL - Flacco makes his money throwing an effective deep ball, and with Torrey Smith gone, it's hard to project him repeating his #13 finish among QB's in 2015.

22. Derek Carr, OAK - Amari Cooper will help, but I'm not ready to jump Carr into the next tier of passers with his turnover tendencies and accuracy issues.

23. Colin Kaepernick, SF - When I look at Kaepernick, I see a guy regressing, not getting better, which is a shame considering his arm strength and athleticism. Until he improves his ability to throw the football at different speeds with better decision-making, I can't really endorse him as more than a QB2.

24. Robert Griffin III, WSH - Lower body injuries have limited RGIII's upside, and it's showing in his fantasy production. The sophomore QB topped out at 18 points in 2014, and the fact his own head coach isn't the biggest fan of him doesn't inspire confidence either.

25. Carson Palmer, ARZ - He's not getting any younger, but he played well the rare times he was healthy last season.

26. Andy Dalton, CIN - Dalton finishing inside the top 5 QB's in 2013 might be one of the most underrated miracles ever. Seriously. This is where he belongs.

27. Johnny Manziel, CLE - I don't know if he'll play, but at this point, you're kind of in "hey, what the heck" mode, and Johnny Football still has a productive fantasy skillset believe it or not.

28. Geno Smith, NYJ - At least he runs every once in a while? I got nothing.

29. Ryan Mallet, HOU - The higher-upside play between him and Hoyer in a battle of former Tom Brady clipboard holders, Mallet has a big arm and the slowest feet of any QB this side of Byron Leftwich.

30. Alex Smith, KC - In leagues where you get bonus points for lack of creativity, Smith shoots up these ranks. Good luck finding one with that scoring format though.

I posted the thread to start a discussion.  Everyone knows my position.  You should look up the definition of the word "guise" which you accuse this thread of being.  I have never hidden my opinion.  But rational humans seek to challenge their own position and enjoy the debate.  That's the purpose for this thread.  PS: I voted Bills and Browns.

I didn't open and read this thread until this morning, I wanted the thread to simmer like a fine wine.

I find it amazing that anyone, based on current output, could place Geno on any of the other NFL teams as a starter other than the two you mentioned here.  I voted the Bills only.

Posters were saying at the beginning of this thread that Geno was better than Foles and a host of other QBs who have actually played well!! Amazing....

Anyway I truly believe that Geno has a chance to turn it around with Gailey and the improved talent on the Jets.  IMO we owe it to not boo Smith in warm ups like we did the previous QB and give the guy this year to show and prove if he is named this years starting Jet QB.

But how anyone based on past performance can say Geno is better than say 5 starters in this league and even some backups is simply delusional.

Brady ranked 12? Mariota ranked ahead of Rivers? Whoever wrote that article is smoking good sh-t

Even as a fantasy list this is laughable.

Manziel ahead of anyone?  How?  Based on what?

When will people realize that fantasy football league lists are not real football?

Manziel ahead of anyone? How? Based on what?

When will people realize that fantasy football league lists are not real football?

Even in the context of fantasy the list makes no sense. I'd love to be in a money league where Mariota was drafted ahead of Rivers.

Even in the context of fantasy the list makes no sense. I'd love to be in a money league where Mariota was drafted ahead of Rivers.

Jameis Winston at 8 is the highlight for me. 4500 yards, and ranked ahead of Drew Brees/Romo/Ryan/Rivers, etc. Wow.

Archived