Sheldon Richardson Suspended

Maxman

Williams you're up!

Sheldons personality will make it difficult come contract time. Williams and Wilkerson calm persona could land them together for a long time . I'm just not convinced we'll have Sheldon after 2017

Since the beginning of this offseason something about Sheldons attitude and personality has me worried.  I do think he is going to be trouble and another revis like situation.  The diff is we have 2 other guys at the position that are basically on the same level while Revis had nobody close to him.

EDIT: HOLY sh*t THIS IS HIS 4th offense!  I had no idea....

Edited by JETSfaninNE
  • Upvote 1

And? Because he smoked a joint he wasn't a good draft pick?

I'm not against pot and do think its stupid but yes he smoked a joint that now cost him being able to be on the field for 4 games.  Don't matter how good the player is if he's not allowed on the field unfortunately.  I think the rule is stupid but at the same time until it is no longer a rule, you are paid millions to stop something that is very easy to quit. (no chemical addiction, all in your head)

• Thumb Down 1

Not sure if this was discussed in here yet but:

Jimmy /J.I./ Halsell
‏@SalaryCap101
#Jets Sheldon Richardson's suspension voids 3.095M in remaining guarantees.

Stupid idiot just lost himself over 3million.  Nice job $heldon
  • Upvote 1

This is going to be an expensive lesson for Richardson.  Why?  Because when he comes looking

for his next contract Maccagnan will have every right to throw this event in his face and ask if

Richardson is going to be around for 16 games?

Not sure if this was discussed in here yet but:

Jimmy /J.I./ Halsell
‏@SalaryCap101
#Jets Sheldon Richardson's suspension voids 3.095M in remaining guarantees.

Stupid idiot just lost himself over 3million.  Nice job $heldon

Woah...  Brutal.

This is going to be an expensive lesson for Richardson.  Why?  Because when he comes looking

for his next contract Maccagnan will have every right to throw this event in his face and ask if

Richardson is going to be around for 16 games?

This could be a blessing in disguise. It can get Mo signed now. Also It teaches Sheldon a valuable lesson on numerous levels. NOW the question is does he learn from them

or does he continue to sprout his BS and become a REAL leader rather than a big mouth.

He can appeal but the drug policy's pretty clear, he's definitely failed more than one test

1 failure: entering into sub abuse program

2 failures: 2 game fine

3 failures: 4 game fine

4 failures: 4 game suspension

Richardson can not appeal this. under the CBA, violations of substance abuse are not appealable.
  • Upvote 2

Maybe Sheldon can shut his big stupid mouth now.  He's been acting like a douche throughout his contact with the media this off season.  I started to dislike his personality last season, but now I am wondering if he has his head on straight at all.  

What a moron.

Thanks for nothing Sheldon.  You suck for this.  4th offense, I presume.  

• Upvote 1

Kapernick?  This has to be a joke.

Richardson is the joke.......or worse.

He has 2 above average seasons and starts trash talkng like he is Reggie White.

A-hole costs himself 3 mill, right now, cause he cant not puff.

Plus who knows how this impacts his next contract. It wont enhance it thats for sure.

Fvckem he deserves it.

Since the beginning of this offseason something about Sheldons attitude and personality has me worried. I do think he is going to be trouble and another revis like situation. The diff is we have 2 other guys at the position that are basically on the same level while Revis had nobody close to him.

EDIT: HOLY sh*t THIS IS HIS 4th offense! I had no idea....

So much for the assumption the Jets organization is loud mouthy again. Didn't see this coming four times.

I'm not against pot and do think its stupid but yes he smoked a joint that now cost him being able to be on the field for 4 games.  Don't matter how good the player is if he's not allowed on the field unfortunately.  I think the rule is stupid but at the same time until it is no longer a rule, you are paid millions to stop something that is very easy to quit. (no chemical addiction, all in your head)

I get all this but it's one offense, he's a really good player, let's see if he's learned a lesson before he's called a bad pick.

• Thumb Down 1

Plus who knows how this impacts his next contract. It wont enhance it thats for sure.

Fvckem he deserves it.

Richardson has been talking trash since he was drafted.  Nobody says anything about it because he backs it up on the field.

Kapernick had one above average season and last year was a below average season and you want to trade a Richardson for that trash?

That would be a stupid move.

If REX was coach, we would crucify him as too soft and he probably looked the other way.

He set up the foundation for this guy and a lot of other guys new to the league.  Most of these guys need a steady hand, a kick in the ass and be told that you CAN be great but you have to work and produce over time.  They you will be great and rich.

With Rex he is so caught up in pumping up his guys he does it the day a guy gets drafted  (see Pryor).  I'm sure Rex 'never saw this coming' as well.

In any case Richardson deserves every bit of grief he will get out of this,,,,,,what a bone head.

• Upvote 3

A-hole costs himself 3 mill,

Well he lost the guarantees, it doesn't mean that he lost the money; he would either have to leave football due to an injury or be released by the Jets for him to not get this money - at least that is the way I interpreted the tweet.

Fvckem he deserves it.

How did he cost himself 3 mil?