Tough Love or Best Friend: Bowles vs. Rex

rkw522

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but before each of those cuts,  he was signed by coaches or GM's that saw potential.  

Rich Gannon was drafted by the Pats was cut and then was on the Skins,KC and then in year 12 was signed by the Raiders and makes 4 pro bowls and All Pro twice in his first 4 years as a Raider..

Rich Gannon was drafted by the Pats was cut and then was on the Skins,KC and then in year 12 was signed by the Raiders and makes 4 pro bowls and All Pro twice in his first 4 years as a Raider..

This really proves something that I really believe.   Not only the coaching staff but the "chemistry" among players can make a big difference.  

Quick , someone call Trent Edwards!..before someone realizes he's on the cusp of 4 all pros and a league mvp

Unfortunately, it's not weird. My biggest complaint about Rex as a defensive coach would be that he doesn't emphasize takeaways nearly enough. Look for the Bills rushing defense to improve, but those impressive takeaway numbers to erode over time.

Why would the Bills rush defense improve? Is there GM going to find them a Snacks? Or you believe wrecks was the reasoning there?

Being fair to wrecks I don't see how his presence improves or erodes their takeaways.

I think we will just see an overall erosion in all categories up there in club wrecks.

Why would the Bills rush defense improve? Is there GM going to find them a Snacks? Or you believe wrecks was the reasoning there?

Being fair to wrecks I don't see how his presence improves or erodes their takeaways.

I think we will just see an overall erosion in all categories up there in club wrecks.

Who was the Coach that got Snacks,Pouha,Mike Devito and Mo to play well??

The same guy who couldn't produce a winning season his last 4 years?????

AMIRITE??????

Anything that was good the last 6 years was all because of Rex. anything bad that happened the last 6 years was somebody Else's fault. #Rexology

If Hunter or Connor combined have the career that Gannon has going forward (4 pro bowls) I will personally give you $100.00 my friend!!

And I mean that!

The differences between Rex and Bowles are many. They are like polar opposites and I think this time the Jets got it right. The Bills will see a quick spike upwardly then crash as Rex brings more and more faves into the roster. Like I said WHEN New Orleans cuts Kyle Wilson - not if but when - I see him in Bills blue also.

Anything that was good the last 6 years was all because of Rex. anything bad that happened the last 6 years was somebody Else's fault. #Rexology

So we had two years of good and four years of bad. But you think that's positive. O..............k.

So we had two years of good and four years of bad. But you think that's positive. O..............k.

You know what I think? I think you're cluelesss when it comes to your sarcasm meter. Jesus FKN Christ thats two times you swung and missed. this place is losing its burst. well, it kind of lost it a while ago.

No doubt we will run the ball and probably a good percentage of the time.  However,  we didn't sign Percy Harvin to look pretty out there.  We'll be passing to Harvin and Watkins.  If you truly are not worried about our offense,  you may want to take a better look during regular season.

Percy is as inconsistent as a player can be. He's the last guy who scares me, Revis can guard him blindfolded.

That hasn't gotten him a winning record in years. They want to play for him because they don't actually have to play for him

I have a strong suspicion that Rex learned his lesson about letting guys slide when they didn't show up for meetings or practices.  We can thank Amaro for this.  I think everyone is pretty much aware that Amaro's comments had an impact on Rex.    I haven't heard of any of our players slacking (as of last season) although I am sure there were some minor issues.   Just as a side note:  I think there was a lot made over Rex letting Geno Smith slide with the excuse of the confusing time change.   I think Smith was Rex's only shot at winning the game and this may have been the only reason why he let him slide.

I have a strong suspicion that Rex learned his lesson about letting guys slide when they didn't show up for meetings or practices.  We can thank Amaro for this.  I think everyone is pretty much aware that Amaro's comments had an impact on Rex.    I haven't heard of any of our players slacking (as of last season) although I am sure there were some minor issues.   Just as a side note:  I think there was a lot made over Rex letting Geno Smith slide with the excuse of the confusing time change.   I think Smith was Rex's only shot at winning the game and this may have been the only reason why he let him slide.

When LT was on the Giants he used to sleep through D meetings he was so drugged out..

Belichick, a Giants assistant for ten seasons, recalls Taylor sleeping through a morning meeting after being out all night partying. A furious Belichick yelled at Taylor to pay attention, at which point Taylor walked up to the chalkboard, diagrammed the play Belichick was about to describe and sat back down and went back to sleep.

At one point, Taylor jokes about how his attempts to avoid failing a second NFL drug test in August 1988 ended up backfiring.

“I switched urine, but I switched it with the wrong person I guess.”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/nothing-is-off-limits-in-new-lawrence-taylor-documentary

It's easy to forget now that LT has become a punchline in his old age...but the guy was most likely the greatest, most dominant defensive player in league history..in his prime perhaps one of the most dominant athletes in any sport not just the NFL ....so if he got some special treatment along the way I'm good with that.

You are a true homer fan. Without a shred of evidence you makes a series of assumptions, based on feelings that all will either be better, will improve etc. it's fun to watch, lol.

You are a true homer fan. Without a shred of evidence you makes a series of assumptions, based on feelings that all will either be better, will improve etc. it's fun to watch, lol.

It would be hard to live in this city and not be optimistic.  Most share my enthusiasm and optimism.

When LT was on the Giants he used to sleep through D meetings he was so drugged out..

Belichick, a Giants assistant for ten seasons, recalls Taylor sleeping through a morning meeting after being out all night partying. A furious Belichick yelled at Taylor to pay attention, at which point Taylor walked up to the chalkboard, diagrammed the play Belichick was about to describe and sat back down and went back to sleep.

At one point, Taylor jokes about how his attempts to avoid failing a second NFL drug test in August 1988 ended up backfiring.

“I switched urine, but I switched it with the wrong person I guess.”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/nothing-is-off-limits-in-new-lawrence-taylor-documentary

And what was that absolutely terrible head coaches record from 83-90 with the Giants? exluding the strike shortened season please. oh he won 71 and lost 40 and won two superbowls, but dont let those things get in your way. you keep comparing him to Rex! :rl:

It would be hard to live in this city and not be optimistic.  Most share my enthusiasm and optimism.

When your team has missed the playoffs 16 years, why would you ever be optimistic? Because you brought in a HC who missed the playoffs 4 straight years and was blown out twice by your team a year ago?

Seriously, how is this a prescription for optimism?

And what was that absolutely terrible head coaches record from 83-90 with the Giants? exluding the strike shortened season please. oh he won 71 and lost 40 and won two superbowls, but dont let those things get in your way. you keep comparing him to Rex! :rl:

Santonio Holmes is just like LT, though.

I was comparing Geno missing meetings to LT that did the same.. You do realize the Tuna is my favorite all time Jet HC??

When your team has missed the playoffs 16 years, why would you ever be optimistic? Because you brought in a HC who missed the playoffs 4 straight years and was blown out twice by your team a year ago?

Seriously, how is this a prescription for optimism?

New owners,  an HC that we love,  number of new players (many outstanding)  signed,  new oc and a GM we believe is doing an outstanding job.    All combined we really believe we will be in the playoffs this year.  It's not the AFCC or SB but it's a far cry from where we've been for many years.  I frequently review posts from our rivals on other forums.  Based upon this information,  I think the Jets' fans (posters) are going to be more surprised with our progress than other AFC teams.  Mainly the Dolphins have a lot of positive comments about the Bills and the Patriots also throw some good comments our way but not often.  

New owners, an HC that we love, number of new players (many outstanding) signed, new oc and a GM we believe is doing an outstanding job. All combined we really believe we will be in the playoffs this year. It's not the AFCC or SB but it's a far cry from where we've been for many years. I frequently review posts from our rivals on other forums. Based upon this information, I think the Jets' fans (posters) are going to be more surprised with our progress than other AFC teams. Mainly the Dolphins have a lot of positive comments about the Bills and the Patriots also throw some good comments our way but not often.

An owner who's loved because he didn't move the team, nothing more.

A HC who's record and major flaws you have to ignore to get excited about. Unless you only care about headlines off his mouth, not his record. A HC your owner brought in after your HC bailed and was signed to sell tickets.

List the outstanding players signed. A RB? Please don't call Harvin outstanding, there's a reason he doesn't produce and gets dumped by teams who need WRs.

You get excited by comments from forums? The ones who never had the HC, OC and players?

BTW, being in Florida, there isn't a fanbase anywhere as clueless as the Dolphin fanbase. The only one close, it's really close, is the Patriot fanbase. Jets fans are the ones who have the best chance of giving you an idea of what to expect out of Rex and Harvin

I was comparing Geno missing meetings to LT that did the same.. You do realize the Tuna is my favorite all time Jet HC??

He bought Cumar here, your most hated Jets player ever. How could he be your favorite?

And does Tom Shane know that you secretly gave me all of your jetsinsider Rex t shirts that Sean shipped down to you? :lol:

Archived