2015 July MLB Trade Rumors

Jetlife33

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nationals are making progress on a deal that would bring closer Jonathan Papelbon to D.C. from the rival Phillies, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports on Twitter. It’s unclear how far off the teams are from reaching agreement, let alone what kind of return is under contemplation.

The Dodgers have informed rival clubs that they would be willing to move outfielder Yasiel Puig “in the right deal,” Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports on Twitter. Thus far, however, Los Angeles has received more trade inquiries on their higher-end prospects.

The Phillies are notifying teams with interest in lefty Cole Hamels that they would like to receive their best offers tomorrow, Jayson Stark of ESPN.com reports. It’s unclear what the team’s decisionmaking process or timeline would be from that point, but there is at least some possibility of a deal occurring before Hamels makes his scheduled start on Thursday.

4:17pm: The Phillies and Nationals are “at the finish line” and “jumping through [the] final hoop” on the trade, reports Jim Bowden of ESPN and MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM (Twitterlinks). The Nationals will send a Double-A pitcher to the Phillies in exchange for Papelbon. It’s unclear if any other pieces are involved or if the Phillies are including any cash in the deal.

The Angels are about to trade for outfielder David Murphy of the Indians, reports Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times (on Twitter). Murphy had been scratched from tonight’s lineup prior to DiGiovanna’s report.

They also just nabbed David DeJesus from the Rays, so in the past 24 hours they have traded for Shane Victorino, David Murphy, and David DeJesus. 3 outfielders. Who usually plays corners next to Trout?

They also just nabbed David DeJesus from the Rays, so in the past 24 hours they have traded for Shane Victorino, David Murphy, and David DeJesus. 3 outfielders. Who usually plays corners next to Trout?

Kole Calhoun and Matt Joyce, off the top of my head. 

The Dodgers have agreed to acquire starter Mat Latos and first baseman/outfielder Michael Morse from the Marlins, Gordon Wittenmeyer of the Chicago Sun-Times reports on Twitter. Three pitching prospects are going to Miami in the deal, in which Los Angeles will take on all of the remaining salary owed to Latos and Morse, according to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald (via Twitter) and MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro (Twitter link).

The Dodgers have informed rival clubs that they would be willing to move outfielder Yasiel Puig “in the right deal,” Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports on Twitter. Thus far, however, Los Angeles has received more trade inquiries on their higher-end prospects.

My God, how quickly things change.

FWIW, LA Times saying this is very unlikely, including quoting Dodgers owner who believes in Puig and wouldn't give up on him so soon.

FWIW I would do a ridiculous deal to land Puig.

The Red Sox appear unlikely to land Phillies lefty Cole Hamels, according to a report form Rob Bradford of WEEI.com. Boston’s pursuit of the veteran has been complicated throughout by his no-trade clause, per the report.

I don't think they ever really wanted him. If you were going to trade assets for Cole Hamels, then why not just re-sign Jon Lester? Made no sense.

I don't think they ever really wanted him. If you were going to trade assets for Cole Hamels, then why not just re-sign Jon Lester? Made no sense.

That's true, maybe they view Hamels > Lester and less money? I never considered them to be favorites for him either, I agree with you.

The Astros and Padres appear to be making some headway when it comes to a trade involving some of San Diego’s pitching, reports Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle. One source told Drellich that things are “gaining steam,” though multiple people close to the situation told him that there’s nothing “in the red zone” just yet.

The Rangers and Phillies are “getting close” on a trade that would send Cole Hamels to Texas, reports MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan (All Twitter links). According to Sullivan, there are still some hurdles to clear, but a deal could be worked out as soon as Thursday.

The Rangers and Phillies are “getting close” on a trade that would send Cole Hamels to Texas, reports MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan (All Twitter links). According to Sullivan, there are still some hurdles to clear, but a deal could be worked out as soon as Thursday.

Interesting, they said on the radio that the Astros had a deal in place, but Hamels blocked it.  I would much rather pitch in Houston than Arlington.  Ranger's ballpark is a bit of a launching pad, and it's hot as hell out here, Astros got the nice dome, and a better team (at least for right now).

11:28am: A deal sending Price to Toronto is “imminent,” Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports tweets.

It’s unconfirmed, but rival execs expect Daniel Norris and Anthony Alford to be in the deal, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports (Twitter links).

Archived