Bryce Petty Sticking To The Plan

flgreen

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep hearing that Petty had the best arm strength in the whole draft. His make-up is strong, looks like a leader. He will face the same transitions to the NFL that Geno did.They played in similar systems and Bryce will need to learn an NFL playbook, make more than one read, learn how to take a snap from under center and drop back. Only difference is Petty won't be thrown into the fire and will have time to sit and learn.

Beer implied geno was his 3rd player taken. After milliner and sheldon.

Don't think so, he said third and also said if idzik was high on him he would have traded up to early 2nd to get Geno. Which is exactly where he went. No big deal either way.

Might be right if he was a 3rd. But if If they did insist they would be right.

Geno was drafted 39th, a high 2nd, not a 3rd round pick. ;)

Eh?  You miss read my post obviously.  If he was Idziks guy they would have traded up in the 2nd instead of sitting there at 39.  I know he was drafted by us in the 2nd but tjhe fact that the jets did not make a trade to move up in the 2nd is telling.  If you want a guy, especially a Qb badly you go get him, the jets didn;t they sat, waited and when the qb was there they took him.

Eh?  You miss read my post obviously.  If he was Idziks guy they would have traded up in the 2nd instead of sitting there at 39.  I know he was drafted by us in the 2nd but tjhe fact that the jets did not make a trade to move up in the 2nd is telling.  If you want a guy, especially a Qb badly you go get him, the jets didn;t they sat, waited and when the qb was there they took him.

Actually not trading tells me he played it smart. I know we all justifiably hate anything idzik. No one ahead of us needed a QB. In fact he wisely looked at the board and realized there wasn't a team picking after our second first and before our high second who would pick a QB so he stood pat saving picks.

That part was smart. Using those picks on sh*t wasn't too smart though.

On the contrary. I think this forum will explode when Petty looks really good in pre season games.. We are going to have that age old debate about how good he really is even though he's playing against 3rd string defenses... Let's all prepare for that debate now. Because it just seems like that's going to happen with this guys demeanor.

A lot has been made of the rookie qbs in Tampa and Tennessee this offseason. Petty is the clear cut sleeper that isn't getting the pub. Alla Russell Wilson.

#DontBeAfraidToSayItJetsNation

In two years, Idzik consummated exactly zero draft day days. Him not making a move for Geno isn't really telling of anything at all.

Actually not trading tells me he played it smart. I know we all justifiably hate anything idzik. No one ahead of us needed a QB. In fact he wisely looked at the board and realized there wasn't a team picking after our second first and before our high second who would pick a QB so he stood pat saving picks.

That part was smart. Using those picks on sh*t wasn't too smart though.

John Idzik was a TERRIBLE GM!!!

In two years, Idzik consummated exactly zero draft day days. Him not making a move for Geno isn't really telling of anything at all.

Of course it is telling.  The odd person around here insists that a 2nd round pick, the 3rd player we took and a guy we did not feel the need to move up for was his 'guy'.  We needed a Qb and relative value met relative draft position.  Geno stinks imo and will not be our starter by half way through the season but he was never 'Idziks guy'

Of course it is telling.  The odd person around here insists that a 2nd round pick, the 3rd player we took and a guy we did not feel the need to move up for was his 'guy'.  We needed a Qb and relative value met relative draft position.  Geno stinks imo and will not be our starter by half way through the season but he was never 'Idziks guy'

It's only telling as part of the larger story that Idzik was incapable of making a move in real time during the draft despite there being rumors and stories after the fact that he tried. Geno was force-fed into the starting lineup from somewhere, and given the team's game plan against Miami in their first matchup last year, it didn't look like that directive was coming from the coaching staff.

Geno losing or keeping his job this year obviously has nothing to do with him ever being Idzik's guy, either.

It's only telling as part of the larger story that Idzik was incapable of making a move in real time during the draft despite there being rumors and stories after the fact that he tried. Geno was force-fed into the starting lineup from somewhere, and given the team's game plan against Miami in their first matchup last year, it didn't look like that directive was coming from the coaching staff.

Geno losing or keeping his job this year obviously has nothing to do with him ever being Idzik's guy, either.

Look, I don't like Idzik, but you are ripping him for stuff he did right.

He didn't trade up and still got his man.  That's a good thing.  Geno was force fed because Rex, in the stupidest thing I have ever seen, knocked out their starter (Sanchez) by putting him back in the 4th quarter of the Snoopy Bowl. 

Look, I don't like Idzik, but you are ripping him for stuff he did right.

He didn't trade up and still got his man.  That's a good thing.  Geno was force fed because Rex, in the stupidest thing I have ever seen, knocked out their starter (Sanchez) by putting him back in the 4th quarter of the Snoopy Bowl.

I'm not ripping him, not for this, anyway. All I'm saying is that Idzik never made a draft day trade in his career, so therefore him failing to make a draft day trade for Geno is not indicative of Geno not being his guy. Geno was his guy.

I'm not ripping him, not for this, anyway. All I'm saying is that Idzik never made a draft day trade in his career, so therefore him failing to make a draft day trade for Geno is not indicative of Geno not being his guy. Geno was his guy.

OK, I agree with that.

Archived