Rex to jump out of plane.

redman81

Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com By Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Email the author | Follow on Twitter

on July 14, 2015 at 1:22 PM, updated July 14, 2015 at 1:40 PM

Comments

Former Jets head coach Rex Ryan, who now leads the Bills, has never been one for impulse control.

He says what's on his mind. Always has. Probably always will. And, of course, there was the whole business with Ryan getting a Mark Sanchez tattoo, and then having the colors altered once he took the Bills job.

PLUS: Calvin Pryor says Jets' secondary 'can be a dominant group' in 2015

Now, Ryan is going to jump out of an airplane. Seriously.

Here are the details from The Buffalo News' Aaron Besecker:

This weekend's "Thunder of Niagara" air show will feature plenty of jets – and one former Jet. The Air Force Thunderbirds will scream across the Niagara County skies during the two-day event at the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station.

Fighter jets and stunt planes will cruise over tens of thousands in the crowd. And Buffalo Bills head coach Rex Ryan, the former coach of the New York Jets, will leap with the Army's Golden Knight parachute team on Friday, during the VIP-day lead-up for the event. Ryan will participate in a tandem jump with the team.

No word on whether Ryan has ever gone skydiving before. But it seems like he'll be in pretty capable hands, with the Army parachute team.

Maybe Ryan will even take the Army guys for a spin in his absurdly designed Bills-themed pickup truck as a thank-you gesture.

Darryl Slater may be reached at dslater@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @DarrylSlater. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how high he will bounce

Have you seen him? Fat jokes no longer apply... it would be more appropriate to joke that the skin flaps that used to be his belly and double chins will now be his built-in parachutes.

Never understood why anyone would want to jump out of a perfectly fine plane. 

It's a symbolic gesture, Rex is trying to convince people that he's finally over talking about the Jets. By bailing out of one... 

Have you seen him? Fat jokes no longer apply... it would be more appropriate to joke that the skin flaps that used to be his belly and double chins will now be his built-in parachutes.

They do if he lands on his noggin. 

Why do we as the public know he's going skydiving?  Why did we know he was running with Bulls?  Lots of coaches do things for kicks in their private life, and they keep them private.  Rex has never seen a camera or mic he didn't like. 

Why do we as the public know he's going skydiving?  Why did we know he was running with Bulls?  Lots of coaches do things for kicks in their private life, and they keep them private.  Rex has never seen a camera or mic he didn't like. 

The dude is a shameless self-promoter. He's the Kardashian of head coaches... needs to be talked about constantly, has lame sex tape, not really talented at all, has a fat ass... 

Why do you defend Rex so much after what he did to this organization?

I am not defending Rex at all he is gone, so why do we care what he does. You must have misread my post. I wanted him gone long ago. Tell me when I ever defended Rex you must have me mistaken with another poster.

Rex is the poster boy for the Dunning-Kruger effect.

He is very easy to dislike and I relish rooting against him. 

I hope he gets fired before the year is over.

He is where he belongs now in Buffalo.

Next stop for him is out of coaching and into a TV booth where he can fool more people into thinking he knows alot about football.

It's Rex...some Jets fans care about his every move.

I think we talked about this in car on way to game last year Glenn..

Rex 'lost' me as his Homer ball licker (it had been slowly developing) after he kept Ed Reed in lineup over Allen. yet again, he hurt the team to play a lesser skilled Vet over a younger player who was 'at this point in time' better. it not only hurt tream w/lesser player, but Allens progress/confidence hurt. Rex wanted to win, I know that, but like his Dad, he subconsciously wanted to be a Locker-room pal and Players coach tto extent at times, the team suffered that Sunday and in future as he hampered younger players maturation.

As a beat writer correctly put at time:

"Rex Ryan's loyalty to Ed Reed hurting Antonio Allen and Jets defense."

Archived