Rex to jump out of plane.

redman81

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ex-jets-coach-rex-ryan-jumps-airplane-article-1.2295582

Look out below!

Rex Ryan has survived his share of wacky circumstances, from running with the bulls to landing with the Bills after spending two years with the penny-pinching John Idzik.

The former Jets coach’s latest feat came Friday morning when he jumped out of an airplane at the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station. He participated in a tandem jump with the U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute Team to kick off the Thunder of Niagara Airshow this weekend.

“That was awesome. I’m ready to go again,” Ryan said afterward, per the Bills.

FOLLOW THE DAILY NEWS SPORTS ON FACEBOOK. "LIKE" US HERE.

The plane took the boisterous coach roughly 9,000 feet into the air and his freefall ended with a landing on a grassy field. “Pretty much my normal morning,” Ryan said.

Underneath his yellow jumpsuit, Ryan wore a grey, graphic t-shirt which said “Don’t hate me because I’m a little cooler,” with a picture of a little drink cooler in the middle.

So why would Ryan tempt fate once again? “I like living,” Ryan told reporters. “I just like doing stuff like this, a little thrill-seeking. It beats going to a state park, I think.”

It’s not something he wants his players trying however. “For me, that’s fine,” he said. “Even if I would have broken a leg or something, it doesn’t matter. All I do is point.

“I don’t have to play,” he added. “So yeah, not recommended for the players. But for a coach, go for it.”

RELATED: BILL POLIAN PRAISES REX RYAN

Jets wide receiver Eric Decker was also in attendance Friday morning, flying in the back seat of a Thunderbird.

While Ryan raved about his experience jumping out of the plane, he had nothing to offer when the subject of Bills offensive line coach Aaron Kromer was broached. The Bills placed Kromer on paid administrative leave this week in the wake of an incident in which Kromer allegedly punched a boy in the face and told him he’d kill his family if he reported the incident to police. Kromer is facing a misdemeanor battery charge in Florida.

“I’m not going to add anything to what we’ve already released as a team,” Ryan said. “A lot of the process is still going on.”

Archived