ESPN 30 for 30 - The Deal - Props to the player's union.

PFSIKH

As I watch the re-broadcast of the 30 for 30 episode that sees A-Rod going to the Yankees instead of the Red Sox. 

I cannot help but think that the last 11 plus seasons of Red Sox baseball with three titles would not have been possible if this trade went off as planned. 

Lester for Brandon McCarthy?  :fighting0093:

Nomar for Magglio?   While the trade would be a push or even in Magglio's favor, the non-trade allowed the Sox to make a trade for some key character guys in the 2004 run.

Manny for A-Rod?  While A-Rod would have helped in the interim, in 2004, Manny was better. 

Thank You Baseball Union!!

As I watch the re-broadcast of the 30 for 30 episode that sees A-Rod going to the Yankees instead of the Red Sox. 

I cannot help but think that the last 11 plus seasons of Red Sox baseball with three titles would not have been possible if this trade went off as planned. 

Lester for Brandon McCarthy?  :fighting0093:

Nomar for Magglio?   While the trade would be a push or even in Magglio's favor, the non-trade allowed the Sox to make a trade for some key character guys in the 2004 run.

Manny for A-Rod?  While A-Rod would have helped in the interim, in 2004, Manny was better. 

Thank You Baseball Union!!

3 home runs tonight. Keep thanking the players union, your last place team could use him right about now. 

3 home runs tonight. Keep thanking the players union, your last place team could use him right about now. 

A-Roid's WAR is 2.8.  Papi's is .7.  I an pretty sure those two extra wins means we are still comfortably in last place.

Archived