The last Jets WR to reach the 1000 yard mark was...

predator_05

...Jerricho Cotchery in 2007, with 1130 on 82 catches.

I can't think of another team that's had such little production at WR for that long.

Can Marshall or Decker hit 1000 this year?

If Decker was healthy all year last year, he would've done it easily.

If Pennington had an arm, if Namaths knees were healthy, if VINNY didn't get hurt, If Curtis wasn't a playoff bust, if we weren't down 24 zip to PITT......

If the queen had balls.

History of the NY JETS 101

How about the Seattle Seahawks? Their last WR to reach the 1000 yard mark was

...Bobby Engram in 2007

lol

wow, i didn't even notice that!

It's the only way the current-day Jets can be mentioned alongside the current-day Seahawks.

Maybe, but Decker stats were padded by the 250 yard game against Miami.

Holmes had a nice little run in 2010 but other than that, we never have any consistency at the WR position.

Holmes had a nice little run in 2010 but other than that, we never have any consistency at the WR position.

This is by far the best group of receivers we've had since the Keyshawn/Chrebet days.

This was not all on the QBs as some out here imply.

Our skill positions for over the last 8 years especially at WR have left a great deal to be desired to say the least.

The key question to ask is how many pro bowl WRs have the Jets had before they came to the Jets, while they were on to the Jets, or after they left?

When you look at that list you realize the Jets have truly been awful at the WR position.

If Pennington had an arm, if Namaths knees were healthy, if VINNY didn't get hurt, If Curtis wasn't a playoff bust, if we weren't down 24 zip to PITT......

If the queen had balls.

History of the NY JETS 101

Well I was replying to the posters comment "Can Marshall or Decker hit 1000 this year?". So yes, he certainly can reach 1k. anything less than that would be a disappointment, assuming he plays all games while healthy.

I wouldn't call it stats padding. If anything, his stats were deflated with him playing with a hamstring injury for most of the season. No one would call it stats padding if Decker had reached 1200 yards, which he may have done so if he was healthy. Now he's healthy and will be the #2 WR not commanding double coverage on most occasions.

What kind of thinking is this? Padded? Every player has big games if they're going to put up numbers.

Hmmm now will they pay Wilson. He does it with a below average WR corp.

HE does.

But that team is set up to run and play D.  I don't really think Rex was wrong with what he tried to do here.  He had a rookie QB, you run and play D.

Big Ben, his rookie year, the Steelers led the league in % of runs.  Brady his first year starting was the definition of a game manager.  Wilson has been very good to start his career, but he has been helped by the best D in the league and a top running back.

OK

Decker also played games with Mike Vick as his QB, I think that evens out the Miami game.

I wouldn't call it stats padding. If anything, his stats were deflated with him playing with a hamstring injury for most of the season. No one would call it stats padding if Decker had reached 1200 yards, which he may have done so if he was healthy. Now he's healthy and will be the #2 WR not commanding double coverage on most occasions.

Fair point about the hamstring. He missed 1 game, so he probably would have hit 1000.

The 1k thing doesn't really matter, i'd take two 900/8-10 TD seasons from Marshall/Decker. We just need some consistency at the position.

I was looking at some stats and noticed that Geno had a pretty decent yards per attempt when throwing to Decker:

B-pAibvUAAAHe3R.png

Barely half as effective when throwing to the others.

This is where Marshall will make a huge difference to the passing game.

Fair point about the hamstring. He missed 1 game, so he probably would have hit 1000.

The 1k thing doesn't really matter, i'd take two 900/8-10 TD seasons from Marshall/Decker. We just need some consistency at the position.

I was looking at some stats and noticed that Geno had a pretty decent yards per attempt when throwing to Decker:

B-pAibvUAAAHe3R.png

Barely half as effective when throwing to the others.

This is where Marshall will make a huge difference to the passing game.

I agree with the 900/8. But Decker was slowed down for half the season with the hamstring. They tend to have a nagging effect n if you try to go full speed too soon, you run the risk of re-injury. That's why I think Decker put in a 1200 yard effort last season. Seems insane, but I have my reasoning. Him n Marshall combined should end up with about 2000 yards, although I feel Decker will be more productive between the two, between the 20s.

But that team is set up to run and play D.  I don't really think Rex was wrong with what he tried to do here.  He had a rookie QB, you run and play D.

In the modern NFL I do not agree with this. You need balance on offense not a run the ball mentality even if you employ a power running scheme you need balance between run and pass and Seattle does that. Ground and pound does not work in the NFL anymore. Rex was off his gourd with what he tried to do here and what he is doing in Buffalo.

In the modern NFL I do not agree with this. You need balance on offense not a run the ball mentality even if you employ a power running scheme you need balance between run and pass and Seattle does that. Ground and pound does not work in the NFL anymore. Rex was off his gourd with what he tried to do here and what he is doing in Buffalo.

Rex is/was off his gourd (like that phrase) in how he went about it.  But given he had no options at QB, what else would you have done.

I'm not a Rex apologist.  He got lucky the Colts stopped playing to get into the playoffs, and he had a nice run the next year, although a bit up and down.  Anyone that emotional will not be a consistent coach IMO.  He also lost a starting QB in the dumbest way I have ever heard trying to win the Snoopy Bowl.

However, given how the Jets then and the Bills now are constructed, G&P does give him the best chance to succeed. 

Rex is/was off his gourd (like that phrase) in how he went about it.  But given he had no options at QB, what else would you have done.

I'm not a Rex apologist.  He got lucky the Colts stopped playing to get into the playoffs, and he had a nice run the next year, although a bit up and down.  Anyone that emotional will not be a consistent coach IMO.  He also lost a starting QB in the dumbest way I have ever heard trying to win the Snoopy Bowl.

However, given how the Jets then and the Bills now are constructed, G&P does give him the best chance to succeed.

I agree with this. it's not like he can run a passing offense thru EJ Manuel. You build your offense around the personnel you have

Hmmm now will they pay Wilson. He does it with a below average WR corp.

Agreed, and I think it's more that he's done what's been asked of him (in terms of gross numbers) than that he's done the max of what he's capable of. His gross yardage #s are lower than a lot of other QBs but at the same time Bevell/Carroll save a lot of his pass attempts for obvious passing downs. And the reason Seattle can play this way is because Wilson's passer rating on 2nd & 10+ is off the charts. Last year it was 122; in 2013 it was 140 (!). That kind of safety net can make a lot of fools look otherwise.

...Jerricho Cotchery in 2007, with 1130 on 82 catches.

I can't think of another team that's had such little production at WR for that long.

Can Marshall or Decker hit 1000 this year?

How about the Seattle Seahawks? Their last WR to reach the 1000 yard mark was

...Bobby Engram in 2007

lol

I figured this has to be the longest for any team.  I was wrong.   Jags.  2005 - Jimmy Smith.

Archived