Revis Calls Out Sanchez On AFC Championship Games - Are You F+_)*% Kidding Me?

SAR I

16 yards and -7 points on his first four drives had nothing to do with that?  The terrible field position consisted of drives starting on the 27, 35, 40 and 33 yard lines. How could anyone perform with their backs so close to the wall?!?!

Not a thing man....Sanchez was on fire that day...it was the insurmountable 17 points given up by the defense that did them in.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yoffs
Age is Years-Days  · Glossary  · SHARE  · Embed  · CSV  · Export  · PRE  · LINK  · ?
    Passing Rushing Rk Year G# Date Age Tm   Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 1 2009 17 2010-01-09 23-059 NYJ @ CIN W 24-14 * 12 15 80.00 182 1 0 139.4 12.13 13.47 3 -2 -0.67 0 2 2009 18 2010-01-17 23-067 NYJ @ SDG W 17-14 * 12 23 52.17 100 1 1 60.1 4.35 3.26 1 -1 -1.00 0 3 2009 19 2010-01-24 23-074 NYJ @ IND L 17-30 * 17 30 56.67 257 2 1 93.3 8.57 8.40 2 1 0.50 0     Passing Rushing Rk Year G# Date Age Tm   Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 4 2010 17 2011-01-08 24-058 NYJ @ IND W 17-16 * 18 31 58.06 189 0 1 62.4 6.10 4.65 1 6 6.00 0 5 2010 18 2011-01-16 24-066 NYJ @ NWE W 28-21 * 16 25 64.00 194 3 0 127.3 7.76 10.16 1 -1 -1.00 0 6 2010 19 2011-01-23 24-073 NYJ @ PIT L 19-24 * 20 33 60.61 233 2 0 102.2 7.06 8.27 3 6 2.00 0       6 Games         4-2-0   95 157 60.51 1155 9 3 94.3 7.36 7.64 11 9 0.82 0

I take your point.  Some meh but also some pretty good.  The Pittsburgh fumble just before halftime was pretty bad.  I blame Schotty for that one too..

Yep...he had  a good game against NE and the running gam and defense did the vast majority of the work in the rest of those games. 

We agree.  Both losses were on the defense.

Let Darrelle call out underperforming Bart Scott in his quotes then, leave the rookie QB alone.

SAR I

I'm okay with him calling out whoever he wants. The "rookie QB" is a 7-8 year veteran now. I think it's high time people stop protecting his sensitive feelings...

It's all Revis's fault that Peyton figured out he could whip Rex's sh*tty defense by throwing to his 3rd and 4th WRs.

It's all Revis's fault that Leveon Bell ran all over Rex and Bart's "Can't wait" run-stuffing, #1 run defense in the universe.

Revis is right, Sanchez wasn't elite. If you're going to nitpick, then nitpick him for leaving out the way Rex was out-coached.

Le'veon Bell must be the youngest person to play in an AFC championship or in the Super Bowl.  He was 18 in 2011.

Yes, he led a furious comeback after handing the Steelers a 24 point lead.  As I said, the Jets defense was bad in the first half...it was ugly...however, I couldn't care less if they gave up 500 yards rushing in the first half.

If, when the game is over, your defense held Ben and the Steelers to 17 points on the road despite that terrible start, it sure wasn't their fault.  Seventeen points.

Old argument, not going to work.  When the average differential of victory in the NFL is 3 points and you have 17 on the board and can destroy the defense at will, you sit back and make sure you don't make any mistakes.

That's what the Steelers did.

And when the Jets started to close in late in the game?  Steelers went on another time consuming drive picking apart the defense to seal the deal.  Had the Steelers really tried in the second half, they'd have put up 34 or 41 points on us.  The defense lost this game in New England the week before.  Thought they'd accomplished something.  "Can't Wait!"  Yeah.  "Can't Tackle".

SAR I

"We almost made it, and we didn't have a quarterback," he said of the '09 and '10 seasons. "Mark was solid. He wasn't elite."

-- Darrelle Revis, Sports Illustrated, July 2015

"Mark staked you to a 10 point lead in Indianapolis that you blew and wasn't the reason you fell behind 24-0 in Pittsburgh.  If you would have done your job Mr. Revis, we'd have made it to the Super Bowl because of Mark you revisionist carpetbagger."

-- SAR I, JetNation, July 2015

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/sports-illustrated-recreates-broadway-joe-cover-revis-article-1.2299124

Obvious troll is being obvious. 

Old argument, not going to work.  When the average differential of victory in the NFL is 3 points and you have 17 on the board and can destroy the defense at will, you sit back and make sure you don't make any mistakes.

And when the Jets started to close in late in the game?  Steelers went on another time consuming drive picking apart the defense to seal the deal.  Had the Steelers really tried in the second half, they'd have put up 34 or 41 points on us.  The defense lost this game in New England the week before.  Thought they'd accomplished something.  "Can't Wait!"  Yeah.  "Can't Tackle".

SAR I

It's also an old argument that the sky is blue.

Rex's defense held Peyton to a terrible game until the fourth Q when Peyton decided to toast Lito and Coleman. There's only so much Rex could have done.

Also, Leveon Bell's performance in that game was about as strong as Namath's performance in that game. 

Thanks for telling me what I just said.

Also, Mendenhall. I've already corrected myself. But good one.

16 yards and -7 points on his first four drives had nothing to do with that?  The terrible field position consisted of drives starting on the 27, 35, 40 and 33 yard lines. How could anyone perform with their backs so close to the wall?!?!

During those 4 drives the Steelers went through our defense like butter and put up 17 points.

Each of those drives featured desperation playcalling, we were playing from behind from the opening gun and Schottenheimer was trying to stop the defensive floodgates by fighting back on the offense.  DIdn't work.  Steelers knew it was coming.  Wasn't hard to predict.  I mean, most teams about to be down by 100 points in a half of football would put up a fight, not exactly going to ground and pound there.

SAR I

SAR I

I don't need it to "work"...it's a fact.  Tell me the Jets are going to give up 17 points before kickoff and I'd be ecstatic...no reason to expect your QB to come up so small in such a big spot that he can't muster two TD's and a FG to get the win....Sanchez was horrible...Revis was being exceedingly generous in his description.

Let's also forget the interception against Cincy Revis had jumping in front of C Johnson, pretty much taking the life out of the Bengals for good, and then how about the interception Revis made in SD? Possibly the best interception in Jets history highlight reel wise, but yeah those had nothing to do with the Jets even getting to Indy in 2009.

2010 the Jets front 7, AND entire offense including Sanchez didn't get off the bus till the start of the 2nd half. Show me 1 highlight of a Steele catching either a big gainer, or a big 3rd down when Revis was the man covering the guy who made the catch. Same with the Indy game in 09. Drew Coleman, and Lito got lit up like a Christmas tree VS Garcon, and the white kid who's name has slipped my brain as he has been out of the league now for 2 years after average at best play, and suffering injuries.

With a half assed QB the team would have won the division probably had byes and would not have had to win all on the road.  Having said that Sanchez was good enough in the playoffs to go further.  The team came out totally unprepared vs Pitt and were totally out coached vs Indy when we let their 3/4 Wr destroy our 3/4 CB all game.

Let's also forget the interception against Cincy Revis had jumping in front of C Johnson, pretty much taking the life out of the Bengals for good, and then how about the interception Revis made in SD? Possibly the best interception in Jets history highlight reel wise, but yeah those had nothing to do with the Jets even getting to Indy in 2009.

2010 the Jets front 7, AND entire offense including Sanchez didn't get off the bus till the start of the 2nd half. Show me 1 highlight of a Steele catching either a big gainer, or a big 3rd down when Revis was the man covering the guy who made the catch. Same with the Indy game in 09. Drew Coleman, and Lito got lit up like a Christmas tree VS Garcon, and the white kid who's name has slipped my brain as he has been out of the league now for 2 years after average at best play, and suffering injuries.

Eric Smith...but yeah, Rex should have found a way to beat Peyton on the road with one NFL-worthy CB on the roster and a QB who almost managed to post a 1/2 TD/INT ratio despite only being asked to throw the ball a few times per game.

You're mad at me because you made a boo boo? Seriously, do you even defensive much, bro?

He gave me red rep too, as if I care lol.

Ego can't handle a little mistake.  Must lash out at others.

With a half assed QB the team would have won the division probably had byes and would not have had to win all on the road.  Having said that Sanchez was good enough in the playoffs to go further.  The team came out totally unprepared vs Pitt and were totally out coached vs Indy when we let their 3/4 Wr destroy our 3/4 CB all game.

Should we not take in to account that their 3/4 WR's were infinitely better than our 3/4 CB's and Eric Smith who were trying to defend Manning?

During those 4 drives the Steelers went through our defense like butter and put up 17 points.

Each of those drives featured desperation playcalling, we were playing from behind from the opening gun and Schottenheimer was trying to stop the defensive floodgates by fighting back on the offense.  DIdn't work.  Steelers knew it was coming.  Wasn't hard to predict.  I mean, most teams about to be down by 100 points in a half of football would put up a fight, not exactly going to ground and pound there.

SAR I

I am sure the they were in full desperation mode, down 7 in the 2nd quarter with the ball on their own 35 yard line after the Jets picked off Roethlisberger.  Desperation!

He gave me red rep too, as if I care lol.

Ego can't handle a little mistake.  Must lash out at others.

I neg repped you because you're the most sensitive person on this site. See what I mean ^^^^

Ape coming back to say he doesn't care about you, doesn't care about this thread, takes nothing seriously, and is amused by all of this in 3, 2, 1

Nice call.  Him calling others "sensitive" delicious irony.

Archived