Revis Calls Out Sanchez On AFC Championship Games - Are You F+_)*% Kidding Me?

SAR I

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yoyo_zpsd443ce64.jpg

Twist the stats all you want, Mark Sanchez played his best games when they mattered most-  in the 4th quarter and in playoff games.

Mark Sanchez had a stretch where his Jets went on an 16-4 run, the best sequence of W/L in team history.

SAR I

What do the circles mean?  When it mattered most against the Bucs in 2009, Sanchez was on the sidelines and Kellen Clemens played the entire game.  Sanchez never gets enough credit for that performance.

What do the circles mean? When it mattered most against the Bucs in 2009, Sanchez was on the sidelines and Kellen Clemens played the entire game. Sanchez never gets enough credit for that performance.

When the Jets beat SD in 09 Sanchez hardly moved the team, the go ahead score was off a short field after a Leonhard INT. He was 50% with 1TD, 1 INT and all of 100 yards. They won in spite of Sanchez.

Revis was dead on right in the opening post.

Great cornerback, but seriously? Mark Sanchez played better than Darrelle Revis in both Jets Championship Game appearances.

I remember a 10 point halftime lead in Indianapolis that Darelle's secondary let light up like a Christmas tree to a 30-17 rout.

SAR I

Agreed. If Revis was the great player that people claim, he should've simultaneously guarded a *minimum* of 3 Indy WRs.

Sanchez never hurt the team nor did he win it for us. Our defense could only play great for so long before we got work out. In my opinion, our main issue was not Sanchez, it was Schotty and the way we started games.

We played one half both in 2009 and 2010 and you cannot win AFC Titles that way. One person you do not call out is Revis. He will undoubtedly go down as the greatest Jet ever, greatest CB to ever play the game, and a 1st ballot HOF.

It's all Revis's fault that Peyton figured out he could whip Rex's sh*tty defense by throwing to his 3rd and 4th WRs.

It's all Revis's fault that Leveon Bell ran all over Rex and Bart's "Can't wait" run-stuffing, #1 run defense in the universe.

Revis is right, Sanchez wasn't elite. If you're going to nitpick, then nitpick him for leaving out the way Rex was out-coached.

Lito Shephard and Strickland went down.  Peyton was throwing to the same WRs in the second half.  They were just being covered by worse CBs.  Rex's gameplan was fine.

Lito Shephard and Strickland went down.  Peyton was throwing to the same WRs in the second half.  They were just being covered by worse CBs.  Rex's gameplan was fine.

Maybe....but when we played a decimated PATS team last 2 years who only had basically  Edelman and a few no names, we couldn't cover Edelman.

REX is over rated IMO.  We know what they are going to do and we cant stop it. 

Please.  Mark's fumble was on the offensive line who left a blitzing Steeler untouched.  And I mean untouched.  My mother could have forced a fumble.

SAR I

Its the QB's job to make sure the offensive line and backs see the possible blitzers and have them covered...its on the QB. Case closed...

Laid down like dogs, gave up seventeen points and held Big Ben to 122 yards passing, zero touchdowns and 2 INT's.  LIKE DOGS!!

Exactly, the run defense is what didn't show up in Pittsburgh.

Defense was on the field for way too many plays. You want to call someone out how about Bart Scott who had a horrible tackling day.

Defense was on the field for way too many plays. You want to call someone out how about Bart Scott who had a horrible tackling day.

Didn't show up early but dominated in the second half...too little too late when your QB is a joke though.  With Sanchez under center they were going to have to be perfect and they weren't.  They gave up 17 points and got two back on a safety...their QB couldn't net them 16 points but man was he lights out.

Didn't show up early but dominated in the second half...too little too late when your QB is a joke though.  With Sanchez under center they were going to have to be perfect and they weren't.  They gave up 17 points and got two back on a safety...their QB couldn't net them 16 points but man was he lights out.

And then there was the 2006 AFCCG when the Pats took a 21-6 lead in the first half over the Colts only to give up 32 points in the 2nd half and lost 38-34.. BB's half time speech must have been relax guys we have this one in the bag..LOL

And then there was the 2006 AFCCG when the Pats took a 21-6 lead in the first half over the Colts only to give up 32 points in the 2nd half and lost 38-34.. BB's half time speech must have been relax guys we have this one in the bag..LOL

Outcoached and overrated I guess.

Sanchez never hurt the team nor did he win it for us. Our defense could only play great for so long before we got work out. In my opinion, our main issue was not Sanchez, it was Schotty and the way we started games.

We played one half both in 2009 and 2010 and you cannot win AFC Titles that way. One person you do not call out is Revis. He will undoubtedly go down as the greatest Jet ever, greatest CB to ever play the game, and a 1st ballot HOF.

I agree with the general tone and point of your post, but that first sentence?  Never hurt the team?  In 2010 they lost 5 games.  In 4 of those games they did not crack double digit points.  They lost exactly 1 game where he played anything less than awful - the Bears.  They were blown out against the Pats so you can't pin that on him, but if he wasn't hurting the team they could have been 14-2.

I loved the WR reverse with Cotchery. Brilliant playcall by Schotty how can he not be in the NFL anymore?

What do the circles mean?  When it mattered most against the Bucs in 2009, Sanchez was on the sidelines and Kellen Clemens played the entire game.  Sanchez never gets enough credit for that performance.

I'm not sure which is my favorite. That one is probably the best, since Clemens started and played the whole game and he's giving Sanchez credit for the win.

But a close second is that Bengals game where Brad Smith scored 2 TDs rushing/returning, the D got a safety, on a drive we got 3 yards on 2 passes Cincy muffed a punt that led to his only TD "drive" inside the 15 on a dejected Bengals D, and Pettrey missing a 27 yard FG after Sanchez's pick had the Bengals starting the drive on our 35, and then taking an 11 yard sack on our own 12 to bury our punter but the Bengals were only held to a FG after starting in FG range yet again. All hail our QB for winning the game for us.

Lots of games had things where he's getting credit for others' performances, but those 2 do stick out.

I don't get into Sanchez threads like I used to - I've said plenty but the reality is he's gone and he's someone else's problem not ours. But lol that this is going on this long and I didn't have to say much of anything.

I'm not sure which is my favorite. That one is probably the best, since Clemens started and played the whole game and he's giving Sanchez credit for the win.

But a close second is that Bengals game where Brad Smith scored 2 TDs rushing/returning, the D got a safety, on a drive we got 3 yards on 2 passes Cincy muffed a punt that led to his only TD "drive" inside the 15 on a dejected Bengals D, and Pettrey missing a 27 yard FG after Sanchez's pick had the Bengals starting the drive on our 35, and then taking an 11 yard sack on our own 12 to bury our punter but the Bengals were only held to a FG after starting in FG range yet again. All hail our QB for winning the game for us.

Lots of games had things where he's getting credit for others' performances, but those 2 do stick out.

I don't get into Sanchez threads like I used to - I've said plenty but the reality is he's gone and he's someone else's problem not ours. But lol that this is going on this long and I didn't have to say much of anything.

No matter how long your posts are, they still put the same number of posts per page.

But be honest Sperm...he was lights out on that drive inside the 15.  Still can't believe this team managed to win 16 of 20 games with him at QB...decent vet and that's easily a 19-1 stretch.

Laid down like dogs, gave up seventeen points and held Big Ben to 122 yards passing, zero touchdowns and 2 INT's.  LIKE DOGS!! <POUND FIST ON TABLE>

just helped you out with a little emphasis, bro

Those are all good points but let's not forget that SAR I is a rich dude so he must be right!

how could a 24-0 deficit be on the defense? If it was 24-31 that's on the defense. The Sanchez offense couldn't get a first down in Pitt

pittsburgh, 23 1st downs, 166 yards rushing.  they ran the ball down out vaunted D's throat early and after being up by 24 they just ground and pounded it.

I thought that <POUNDS FIST ON TABLE> was implied.  Do you mean I am going to have to start typing that at the end of all my posts?  Ugh.

general announcement: everyone can go ahead and assume that I am screaming, red-faced, and throwing my laptop against the wall as I make every post

Archived